1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a certain story

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Japboix1, May 18, 2012.

1. Japboix1

Japboix1 Second Year

So I am looking for this one story that I remember bits of but can't find. I can't remember if it was on fanfiction.net or Portkey or wherever, but its been annoying me and I want to find it.

It starts off with Harry at Privet Drive at the beginning of his 6th year. When he goes off to Hogwarts, he takes a healers seminar and a bunch of courses that he thinks will help him fight Voldemort. Somewhere in the story, Draco enacts several plans to get Harry to either give up or to get him to Malfoy Manor, where Voldemort is hiding. One plan ends up with Hermione's mom dead and her dad in the hospital wing at Hogwarts.

I don't remember if Harry is initially paired up with anyone but I do know that he ends up with Hermione in the last few chapters or so.

Ring any bells? I do remember that it was actually well written and didn't kill me with a ton of grammar errors, so I figured people here may actually have read it. It also had decent plot, no bashing from what I remember and a decently competent Voldemort. I also remember that there were no Horcruxes in the story, so I guess it was from before 7th book came out.

I think Harry reforms the DA in it if that helps and Daphne Greengrass and (possibly) Tracy Davis join. I'll try to see if I can remember anything else from the story but that's all I got at this point.

If anyone knows the story, please share XD

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    looking through my list of "things I've read that were decent" there's nothing like this but I'm very interested, if you have a guess at the proper title I'll go look for it.

3. Japboix1

Japboix1 Second Year

Yeah, sorry I have no idea what the title is and I can't remember what the summary was like. I think I either found it through this site or on this other site where people make lists of their favorite stories. For some stupid reason I just never added it to my favorites.

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The library can be browsed by pairing using the tabs.

here.

5. TRH

TRH Groundskeeper

I remember this story; it's SPSmith's With Malice Aforethought. Here's a link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2527087/1/With_Malice_Aforethought

This was actually the first Harry Potter fic I ever read, though I didn't like it nearly as much on my last read maybe six months ago. I distinctly remember being pissed off at the lack of Katie Bell, but the real problem is that it's just so low tension, and although I don't recall Daphne or Tracy showing up, Harry's friends with Crabbe and Goyle for reasons that baffle me. Just not my cup of tea.

6. Japboix1

Japboix1 Second Year

YES! Thank you. Yeah, there was a lot that the story could have improved on from what I remember, but it is also one of the better stories I've read in terms of grammar and had a decent plotline. The healer course also interested me as well, since I've never seen someone else do that.

And Gambit, I actually would have done that, except I wasn't sure if it was on this site or on FF. Plus since I didn't know anything about the summary or anything, I wouldn't have been able to find it without checking every single story with Harry/Hermione in it, which can be a pain XD

7. Portus

Portus Heir

Then I can't imagine how disappointed you must've been with canon. I think Katie's mentioned in book 1 and book 6, and that's about it.

8. TRH

TRH Groundskeeper

Well, what I meant is that I didn't like the author's forgetting she existed and having Ginny be the most experienced chaser even though she hadn't done any chasing before. Anyway, that wasn't a major problem of mine, just something that I still remember. I could probably come up with more serious issues if I reread the thing.

9. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

You coulda just played it off as a meme...

[​IMG]