1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a certain type of fiction

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by sgtoutlaw, Dec 31, 2005.

1. sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Second Year

Been looking for a bit can anyone please lead me to some good Harry Potter/Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover fics where Willow raises Harry from like before he turns at eight hopefully.

If you can find any story where Harry snaps with Willow when she does, that would be awsome! Also very unlikely :-(.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I liked watching the series but never tried to read the fanfiction... is it any good? There is a cross-over I've seen that is pretty long but I dont want to touch it if Buffy Fanfiction stories suck asshole.

3. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

4. Euphemism

Euphemism First Year

I would definitely recommend some Buffy Fanfiction. Most likely Xander-centric fanfiction would be closer to this forum's tastes than anything else (stay away from Spike and Angel and Spuffy in general). In fact, I can see a lot of similarities between this forum and a lot of similar works - Buffy/Willow-bashing compared to Hermione/Ginny-bashing, a deep loathing for Spike "I'm good because I had a chip and now I have a soul!", and the occasional tendency to give Xander more powers than he rightfully deserves.

Tenhawk in particular writes a lot of really good stuff (though Journeyverse may not quite be to your taste, I think you'd definitely appreciate the Punisher crossover), as does Greywizard and a few others.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Rofl. I like Spike though I did hate how he turned pussy.

6. Euphemism

Euphemism First Year

They like Evil!Spike. They don't like the Spike that went out and got a soul for her because he loved her (unless he was really Evil!Spike and played her like a fool, and was really working for the First Evil all along). That and the fact that he rapes her in season six makes the whole Spuffy thing unbelievable and horribly insulting to women everywhere.

Anyhow, if you want something interesting to read, I'd suggest looking at The XanderZone, specifically the authors Tenhawk, Greywizard1235, Danyel Wood for 'Matryoshka' (though it's practically abandoned), enterprise1701_d for an excellent BtVS/Noir/other crossover, M McGregor, and Paradigm Shifter. If you like X/Cordelia, Norgco writes a lot of that.

Oh, and the website is probably a couple months behind on the yahoo group of the same name - so you'll be missing out on the most recent stuff. Also, tenhawk runs a group of his own - th_presents, which usually has most of the best stuff, plus his own works. There's no (or very little) file uploading, so most of the stuff you'll have to search through the messages for. I recommend "Fic: -Re:" as your search term.