1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a specific Timetravel plot

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Spacks, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

I'm looking for a story (or multiple stories) where Harry goes back in time to 1st year with the knowledge and experience from Book 6.

Or where he's sent a message from his future self and decides to grow some balls and take control of his life ( like moving out of the Dursley's for one).

<rant>

On the topic of Dursley's, what the hell was Rowling thinking when she continued to send him back there. I mean the kid has grown up being abused, he wouldn't want to stick around there if there's another choice.

Someone needs to totally redo the entire series, cos obviously Rowling doesn't know what the fuck she's doing.

And if the final installment is as much as a disappointment as the 5th and 6th, I propose that we write our own version of 5th-6th-7th as a joint project.

</rant>

Phew.

2. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

I dont know of any ones where he goes back from 6th year but i do know of one where his future self goes back and teaches his younger self but it has large volumes of slash and i abandoned it when Snape gave Har..

You get the point so far it had Harry/fred/george/snape and Future harry/remus/sirius.. Ill look for the link

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Nooo! I dont think Spacks wants slash.

4. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

I doubt he does but here it is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2558374/1/

Shattered Reflections By Roxie Snape and Lady Treason

I dont think Lady T writes anything that doesent have some Adam n Steve action:([/url]

5. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Theres a Harry/Ginslut thats got the idea of redoing things only it's a start at first year fic where he recieves a message from himself in the future. Umm oh yeh its called "fate's debt". Another is "Cave ultior" or some shit heres the link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2718629/1/ not to crash hot but he picks up his steel balls and kicks some ass.

6. Spacks

Yeah I read Fate's Debt. And no, I wouldn't like to read slash.

I almost beat myself over the head with my rolling pin after reading Fate's Debt.

7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It seems all the halfway decent attempts at this are primarily to stick the Ginslut more into the series. Goes back, so he can get to know romance and twue wuv and all that usual sick/perverse stuff.

MaxFic's Time Mage story isn't too far off from this theme either. Again, cool idea, some good action, and as per usual ruined by romance. And a ridiculously rushed ending.

S'TarKan's doing a Nightmares of Future's Past sort of thing I think. I hear great things about that fic, but I can't stand child!Harry usually, especially lovey-dovey H/G romance so I haven't really gotten into that one. And Wyadra's got a series with Harry/Hermy/Ginny/DaphneGreengrass complete with twin sister bond "oh so that's how you insert a tampon" moments. A bit creepy for a twelve year old. But a more palatable pairing than usual. Still too much child!Harry and emotions/love crud. Wyadra's is more alternate universe with the folks and whole potter family stuff though now that I think about it.

I want to see something like an azkaban!Harry or semi-Dark!Harry get sent back and never make friends with the usual bitches. That could be interesting. Maybe even set-up all the ones that had set him up and get them sent to Azkaban. Guilty for crimes they never even did or got around to doing. Righteousness crossed with cruelty. Some potential methinks.

8. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

nonjon is brilliant

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

S'Tarkan's fic is really good, even with the H/G element in it. Better than Fate's Debt, that story was just a huge WTF moment for me. ::sigh:: I'm just a sucker for time travel and alternate dimension fics.

10. Spacks

I concur.

11. nonjon

That's what it seems like everyone keeps saying, and I suspect they're right. It's just there's a difference between a really good fic, and one that I will enjoy. Same with many of the sorts of movies that get critical acclaim and win awards. You can be well aware a movie is excellent, have great acting and high production value, but it may not be half as entertaining and fun to watch as something like Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

And yeah, I used to love time-travel and Alternate Dimension stories (a genre I separate from Alternate Universe - AU just changes canon, AD follows canon and then hops into a new mirror world). But so few seemed to get finished. And I can only read Harry going back to teach his parents so many times in the exact same way. Whether Chinny follows him, or he's actually part vampire or a werewolf like poor luvable 'Remmie' too, or the Marauders are all mean and poor misunderstood Snivelly, blehhh. It doesn't help that most of these abandoned unfinished clones of each other started as mainly slash before the flood of dreadfully conceived H/G ones. Eternal Cosmos' is a real good AD, and Shezza's Future Remapped had some good stuff going for it, but most it seems disappoint me too much.

12. nonjon

Yeah, that's my fault. I ran out of weed. I'll pick up a new baggie soon here and fix this.

13. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

Can i get a link to eternal cosmos?

14. nonjon

I was referring to this popular Harry thrust into an alternate dimension story:
    The World Without Me by Eternal Cosmos
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2156663/1/
    Harry won the war against Voldemort but at a terrible price.Fawkes gives him another chance in a new world where he died as an infant...and where Voldemort still lurks in the shadows... AU

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

That one is good, I recomend it.

16. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Not a bad story at all, I second IP.

17. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I've been following that one for a while...its a good read.

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Read all the chapters awhile ago and havent watched it since. Has it been updated recently?