1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lucifer

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Peter North, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I loved the finale. I just have one question.

Who is Lucifer's mom supposed to be?

PS.

Anyone have any idea when season 2 will probably air? Is there a common length of time between seasons?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Cant remember when this season started, but its normally the same time every year, unless they do a 22 episode season next year.

I wouldve said Lilth tbh.

Great episode.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Eh, as far as the mum thing goes,

I think Lilith is supposed to be the mother of demons, so it wouldn't make sense for Lucifer to call her mum, or even be afraid of her. It could be some form of the Great Darkness, since that's supposed to be the antithesis to the Presence, which would fit the dad/mum references Lucifer uses.

4. TheDark

TheDark Squib

High Score:
    The last episode was epic and the cliff hanger was said so that the people will want to watch season 2. Great show, can't wait for season 2.

5. djefox

djefox Squib

Season 2 is for January 2017

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    "Look, guys! Lucifer is actually afraid! And he has a mother! See how creative and twist-y we can be? Now y'all line up for Season 2, where we'll probably invalidate much of what you saw.'

Yeah no.

Disappointing ending aside, I did love the episode. Mostly because the Lucifer-Amenadiel interactions were awesome, and Linda is always awesome too.

Malcolm was ... meh, as an antagonist. How far he got and how much he did felt very, very forced, but I could stomach it due to all the good parts, which were many more. I mean really, a crook killing both Amenadiel and Lucifer? Really? I call all the bullshit around.
    Don't get me started on the knife bullshittery. I'm trying to forget everything about it.

As for the mother, 'eh' is all I had to say. We've known for a while that the show's Lucifer differs massively from the comics both in temperament/behavior and power (comic Lucifer only has 1 equal and 1 superior, Michael and God, respectively), so him turning out to have a mother only makes me shrug.

That is, if this isn't just a play on words or a metaphor and it was used purely for hype and speculation, which wouldn't surprise me.

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I really enjoy this series.

It's not great and it has many faults, but after first few 'meh' episodes, the cast finally clicked together and carries the show.

From them all, I especially like what they did with Dan. It was easy to make him into a typical ex who turns out to be a bad guy. Instead we got a man who made big mistakes, but in the end did the right thing and decided to face the consequences. They better not change his character in the next season.

As for the final twist, maybe they plan to copy current Supernatural with a twist?

8. JErosion

JErosion DA Member

Well there are two possibles.

There is Lilith, however the theology doesn't match up, Lilith being made along side Adam. And I think in the comics they say Lilith was Maze's mother.

Our next candidate is older, a long time ago just when the Hebrews turned monotheistic, one of their old goddesses stuck around as the Consort of Yahweh. She is Asherah, goddess of motherhood, fertility and the Lady of the Sea. She is supposedly mentioned in the Hebrew bible but was cut from the Christian version of things

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  9. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

The show got really good towards the end and I really enjoyed the finale. Hell was very interestingly done and the concept of someone escaping that scares lucifer is an intriguing concept for s2! I'm in!

10. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, finally watched the Season Premier. Was pretty good. The lighting has not been kind to whatshisface though, Chloe's ex-husband. Also not sure what the hell is up with Amenadiel...wait, unless it's a side effect from him almost dying last season?

Anyway, not the best start, but it wasn't bad. Bit of a drop from Season 1's Climax Ending, still solid. Hoping things pick up with how this one ended though.

11. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Amenadiel's problem could stem from multiple issues, his growing feeling towards maze, his failure to guard hell, he being healed, being punished because what he did, and much more. I agree with Probellum assessment of the season opener. I hope they get more exciting cases.

12. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Just watched the premiere and I liked it. I mean it was solid episode and dat ending was awesome.

13. Lord_Revan

Lord_Revan Squib

High Score:
    While Tricia Helfer is always welcomed, another season of "will she won't she" about Chloe discovering Lucifer's Luciferness will get old quite soon. I mean even last season was a groan fest on my part. Still as long as they make sure Tom Ellis sings along with piano I will continue to watch I guess. Guy has a crazy good voice.

14. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

They pushed back the air-date for Trunp/Clinton, goddammit.

One of these days they really just need Lucifer to just go 'Surprise! *Devilface* at Chloe and get it over with, so we can have like half a season of her 'coming to terms with it.'

I mean I know they are probably saving it for the final but still. The guy left like 6 pints of blood on the floor of that warehouse last season and was fine, you either have it decide he's crazy enough to strap bloodbags on himself for dramatic effect and therefore is a serious liability, (I mean he already is a serious liability that nobody in their right mind would let near a crime scene but for TV ok) or you gotta start asking/looking for some actual proof.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    A whole lot of setup, very little actual progression, but still surprisingly engaging.

Is what I would have said before the last few seconds of the last scene. Now ... now I suppose we'll just wait and see.

16. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So. Episode 2. 10 minutes in and I already like the mother, but the actress for her and tom ellis have really good chemistry going on, and it's weird as balls. Seriously, more than anything that got developed in Season 1 between Lucifer and Chloe, imo. It's not intentional, I don't think, but I'm not sure how to feel about it.

Am I the only one who noticing this?

17. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

They're just good at keeping it in the family.

18. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

This series continues to be highly enjoyable while nothing like its original material. Lucifer's mother is definitely a good addition to cast and her motivations are as suspicious as they should be.

This is probably not going to happen any time soon, but what kind of actor would be best suited to play God when he finally appears? I would choose someone like George Clooney.

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I have never seen a taller pile of bullshit that everything the mother sold to Lucifer this episode. I'll be very surprised if even a shred of what she said was true. At the very least, the showrunners clearly want her to appear suspicious; because she does. Very much so.

I can buy Lucifer not picking up on any of it, though he very clearly should. Beyond the 'for the plot', Lucifer has enormous abandonment issues, so it's very easy for his mother to manipulate his perception.

Enjoyable episode all around. Eager to see where this goes.

Poor Amenadiel. Guy can't get a break.

I read your post before watching the episode so I was looking for it, but I only saw a little bit of it in the final scene. Even then, not so much.

20. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Just caught up on the first couple of episodes of Lucifer, and enjoying it again so far although the way he and Chloe bulldoze through crimes without repercussions still requires a significant suspension of disbelief.

It's interesting, in the comics I had nothing but contempt for amendial but they're making him very sympathetic here in his ability to reflect and anguish which he never did there. If chloe is some sort of elaine figure than I'm guessing Lucifer's mum will end up something lillithy, but at this point they're so very dissimilar that I doubt that matters much or provides any insight as to what will happen with this series.

Her expressions at the end. Very good.