1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    The fuck are you talking about that wasn't a case? It's, like, four negative responses followed by a vote. Wait no, it's five.

My current thoughts are that most people sound town, tbh. I'm having trouble getting an 'in' for this game and I really don't want to do so prematurely.

I don't really think that Jari post you pointed out was particularly scummy, I don't like Miner so far because he feels almost like he's trying to look TWTBAW, I don't like Fable for tone reasons I can't quite figure out, I'd really like to see how Newcomb reacts to your case (and it was a case, piss off :V), you and Tammy are probably town for tone although I've been skimming Tammy's posts more than I'd like to admit, and I can't remember anyone else off the top of my head. Cobalt and Vaimes have OoG I think? Who else is in the game?

What the hell did you even want to talk about, anyway? You kinda just ignored everything I brought up and then asked for someone else and it's more than a little rude >_>

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Also NGL I've wolfed like two games in a row and I don't remember how to village.

Send help.

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Oh, right, playerlist

Zenzao's posts are standard town!Zen fare but the number of them is lower than I would have expected.

Miner thinks I can't metatownread font and absent that this is standard snarky NAI opening

I kinda forgot Jan existed which is probably bad

I also kinda forgot fluff existed which is probably normal

...don't you need to know how to village in order to wolf as well?

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    lmao nope.

You just meme and be inoffensive and maybe point people in a direction that isn't you to placate them so you don't get lynched.

Wolfing is easy. Having to village and have to actually have accurate reads is hard af.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean accurate reads on D1 is a meme tbh

Just throw out whatever the fuck and see what comes out

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It wasn't a case.

A case is a thing where someone posts a bunch of their thoughts about a player with a specific read in mind. I was just responding to things that Newcomb posted as I read them. Then he did something that I thought was fake, so I voted him. Just because they are all automerged together doesn't mean that it is a case.

How am I town for tone exactly?

I want you to talk about your reads because I just went through your ISO and you haven't really done that at all this game. I'm sorry if I was rude. I'm very tired and I'm slow to respond right now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What is his town vibe? I don't really know what you're reading into / not reading into or anything so it's hard to give a second opinion. Maybe you could quote some of his posts that you're reading in a certain way or talk about him a bit and I can give you an opinion on that stuff?

I'm nullreading him and I don't really have any well-developed ideas to just drop for you.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    You're town for tone for the reasons I've been stating earlier: your play has been hyper and I feel like you'd legitimately have trouble faking that as scum because rolling scum depresses you.

Also I feel like that's semantics and the overall result is that your automerged post is a case on Newcomb in practice.

I'm read-light because I...

...need to take the advice I just gave Fable. God DAMMIT.

I want to scumread Miner for the TWTBAW thing but with you posting a bunch of Newcomb stuff I now have to consider that he does just have actual reasons he hasn't gotten around to stating yet, so so much for that.

Lemme go get to the Fable thing.

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Also like, you've kind of spooked me with how hard you buddied me just there.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    miner
    Zen
    dC

Gemma
    Cobalt

Jari
    fonti
    vaimes

tammy
    fluffy

jan
    newcomb

I put the roster through a RNG thingy and kept the reuslts because it put zen and miner at the top so these are my reads now. RIP Jan and Newcomb

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's really really strange to see you townread me for tone because you've spent the whole time since Princess saying that you'll never be able to read my tone again because I can fake it too well.

It's not a fucking case. I was talking to Newcomb. Just talking. Until the last bit where he gave the unaligned read and I voted him.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    So rereading the ISO I am noticing overall there's a large amount of fluff. He says "I don't have reads until later in D1" but like

You'd think he could still find SOMEthing to talk about.

For specific posts:

This feels like a fake thought because who the fuck reads a post that's actually good content, that they admittedly like, the ONLY post that player has made, and posits that they're trying too hard?

Plus this is after the above post and therefore manifestly not true.

Then there's this and like, I don't even know what to make of it at this point. It's like he drops a post saying "you can't read me, I'm not playing yet" in the middle of posting a read about zen. Which, what?

Then he posts this and it's like he's throwing zen the softballiest softball ever to softball (like seriously "are you town or are you SUPER town?") and the thought itself is fine but it just seems weird to be questioning Zen in this way because having this thought should probably preclude the urge to reaction test the target on it.

For all that though it is Actual Progression, it's just the way he goes about it is weird and sort of off.

Everything else is just...

I remember him being town in that witch hunt where I CFD'd tom, and I remember him getting really pissy and self-righteous and I guess I'm not getting the same vibe here.

It's REALLY obvious that you're enjoying this game, and it's similarly obvious that you wouldn't be if you were scum.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Actually come to think of it idk if dC even knows what my village tone is? Like the only times he saw me village was WH9 where I was self-voting for like 90% of the game and psychichunt where I was mechanically cleared by d2.
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh wait the practice game lel.

So yeah he's seen me village like once.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    And if you were using the same tone here as you did in Princess and your other towngames, I wouldn't be townreading you for it.

The thing is, I thought you had ONE tone and it was the same for both alignments. Your tone this game is something I haven't seen before, wasn't expecting, wasn't factoring into "I can't read your tone", and on a surface level makes me read you town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I was basing this off a combination of WH9 and practice, yeah. Although mostly WH9 as I wasn't there for your practice early game.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

dC, Fable voted me because I had a read on him and he has since said that he has a bunch of reasons to townread me yet is still voting me because "catharsis". Does that not seem pissy and self-righteous to you?

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Do you...seriously not realize that the things you were saying were all scum-leaning?

Like I get that you didn't mean to post a case but to me a case is "a bunch of points about why someone is scummy", regardless of the intent of the poster. I'm not necessarily saying you set out to post a case, but reading it had exactly the same effect on me as reading a case on Newcomb would so I dunno what to tell you. It walks like a duck and talks like a duck :v

What? He voted you naked and then said "Catharsis" as what I assumed was a joke. Where does he say he has a bunch of reasons to townread you?

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    It's actually still on you cuz idk where I'd move it. :<

17. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    There's this guy in the game called Fable who's pretty sus right now, give that a go.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Also idk if noticing one player out of twelve is actually villagery counts as starting to play.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I know.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    If there was an actual wagon on me I'd probably self-vote so maybe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    --- Post automerged ---
    Do I....do I trust in RNGesus?

Vote:Newcomb