1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Because Gemma misreading me and not stopping pushing on me when I kind of want to move freely and have fun with friends while solve the game is disruptive and useless.

i joined the game despite the knowledge of her being here.

I didn't play last game and was about to quit dlp (or did for a short while) because of her on no one else. She knows that.

I am playing this game because of everybody else because I like most dlp people and I want to try to make it work despite her.

She could actually try to solve anyone but me and give me some breathing room. She doesn't.
    She tries to go head to head and I am in no mood for that shit.
    And her half assed bullcrap read on me was the first thing she did and always went back to and after 2 days of it I am just annoyed by her general presence.

There is a reason why I am not voting her and not actually pushing her. I stated my read on her and moved on.

I think you have managed to suck at every single thing you have done so far dC. Good thing is you are town (I think), but you are so hard off your game that watching you play right now is mostly making me cringe.

And I am now leaving the thread and go have fun. Might return tonight when I am drunk or tomorrow when I wake up.

And Gemma. If you are town.
    You suck at reading me. Move on. Look at other people and maybe. Just maybe Solve the game.

[​IMG]

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Ahhh.

Well that doesn't make any sense. Jan you forgot about option C: it was a joke when I said that you were scum, yet there were things about you that I disliked, those things didn't mean that I scumread you, I just now thought more about my read on you and went through your ISO and ended up scumreading you, I'm clearly not tunneled because I just started scumreading you and I've been focusing on a lot of other things and a tunnel is when you focus on one read exclusively and stop paying attention to other things and interpret everything that player is doing as scummy. Like, I talked about my read on a dozen or so posts back and that was a really nullish conflicted read.

I think you're just letting your emotions get into play a bit. Maybe take a breather and come back when you're more rational?

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    You know this is "Just calm down"'s worse older brother, right?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean my opening post was passable, but yeah my heart's really just not in it right now. I wasn't really ready for this game I don't think, I didn't expect I'd need such a breather after champs.

Also I mean, like.

I'm not convinced I was ever ON my game at this point. I've been thinking and I don't know that my lifetime reads are actually better than chance on average. The only scum I can remember catching, like, ever are Red and Monkey in the champs practice game and those two were bussed on purpose.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I mean.

We're players in this game. If you didn't want to play with me then you shouldn't have joined. I'm not going to not talk about my read on you just because you don't want me to. Like, I'm sorry that you hate me and everything but this is a game.

Also, since I realized what level to read you on in our first game together where you were scum, I haven't misread you and actually I've read you really accurately really quickly. You didn't do the things you usually do that I read you off this game though so poo. Part of the reason I voted you early was to try to spur you to do those things but it didn't work.

I don't disagree that my read on you right now is half-assed, though. Pretty much everything I've been doing is half-assed. It's hard to be anything else with what my schedule is like right now.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Also coming from someone who is feeling this personally rn, insisting it at people is also not good. Like, what with it being the central skill of the game and all. You're essentially writing the player in question off as -EV town on a fundamental level.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh shit, is it? It works for me, damn it. Blah.
    --- Post automerged ---
    dC, this has been productive and good from my end. Thanks for hanging out.

How are you feeling?
    --- Post automerged ---
    (Brb ducking out to do laundry.)

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    In my experience it can be, b/c it can come off as "you're being irrational stop being irrational why you so irrational"

and "irrational" has kind of turned into a snarl word for "not thinking like me"

Might be more context-sensitive and less widespread than I imagined but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

I am feeling better, although still not particularly confident. I did remember that I said during champs I probably function best as "auxiliary" town, so I think I can probably focus on picking up a townread here and there and then, erm, auxiliating. I just feel kinda compelled to "Do Things" because it's how I've always played, so there's a bit of adjustment.

(I'm gonna go have dinner, also brb)

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Ah. Well as someone who has a long history of letting her emotions and anxieties take over her life and becoming super irrational and making really bad choices in those kind of headspaces, it is really helpful to me to have someone tell me they think I'm being irrational and should stop.

Although I guess I probably wouldn't appreciate it from someone I hated, yeah. Ah well.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Take a break, please.

Vote: Jarizok

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean a lot of it is based on trust and the EXACT headspace you're in. Personally I'd find it disconcerting if anyone but my partner said it to me. But like I said before that's very much my perspective and Jan might not even feel that way about it!

What's all this, then? Not enough content? Bad content? Something else?

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vote: fonti

12. fontisian

Both.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Eh, can't say I disagree I guess.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

dC, let's kill fonti together. Just like old times.

15. fontisian

@Jarizok
    Jari, you've had one content post this game. It was limited and what was there felt tonally off base. If you want to spend all your time on champs, that's fine, but then you need to commit to it and replace out here.

@Cobalt
    If you don't show up in the next 12 hours, I'm going to lynch you.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Can you articulate exactly what's making you uneasy about her?

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yes.

But I don't want to. *whines*

18. fontisian

Current ish post count:
    dC: 121
    Gemma: 99
    fonti: 74
    Jan: 67
    Fable: 63
    Vaimes: 59
    Tammy: 56
    Miner: 34
    Newcomb: 27
    Zenzao: 10
    Fluff: 8
    Cobalt: 5
    Jarizok: 4

dC topposting reinforces the townread. This actually looks like a nice sort by postcount game, as I think the top 5, and possible the top 7, are mostly town. Less sure on Jan, but I liked his content post before the fight thing. Von is underposting from what I'd expect, even accounting for the v/la, which I think is notable. There's also a lack of relevant gamesolving. Would recommend running him up at some point.

Hopefully that 10 post count will be a wake-up call to @Zenzao.

And Jari and Cobalt are half fluffing. I've p much given up on getting fluff to post. I don't think he should be townread for the lack of engagement, as I can see him decided to go that route after his previous scum game. I do think he feels less opportunistic than in that game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The modline is the same as the fluffline: 8 posts.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Look. This arrangement is an apprenticeship, not a minion thing. In exchange for sheeping you I'm hoping to get some insight into reading for myself so I can eventually make use of it in the future. That's not going to work unless I know why you're reading people certain ways :V

I mean there's no particular hurry, but you'll have to do it eventually if you actually want a wagon anyway and I'm not really seeing anything off baseline in the ISO myself.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

The most recent thing is that I dislike that she didn't comment on the thing with Jan and just said "please take a break" when Jan was the only one who was emotionally charged and he had already slammed the door and left.