1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

My problem with newcomb has been more his overall posting/approach to the game and not his specific reads. I think that, given his experience, I'm never going to catch Newcomb with wrong/illogical progressions because I don't think I can rely on him having one in a game. If I'm going to catch him at all its going to be behavioral and observing how he reacts in specific circumstances at specific times in the game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, didn't read the spoiler. Didn't really understand it when I checked it now either.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am
    So I vote for a scumread you also share, you think I’m town, and you’re telling me that I’m pinging you?

Not to mention you had absolutely nothing to say about the fact I had my vote on you literally all Day.

Make sense.

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Let's kill Cobalt together!

Vote: Cobalt

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Pretty sure I always town read you.

And you rvsed me, then moved off, then voted me after I omgused. There was nothing to discuss with you there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    No @Tammy there's room on the Newcomb wagon please ._.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yeah that was questionable. I dunno if it's actually a scum thing though.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

???

I don’t follow.

What is this then.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Cool.

8. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Okay I don't get anything from that though.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

"I was always town reading you but the way you keep popping in is making me rethink that position."

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Are you annoyed because I talk about you I like talk about Nacho or something else?

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

You wanna... Talk?

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I don't understand the question.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh please.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh.

Sorry.

I dunno how to help then.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Considering I just got off a w/w scum win with Fable it's very much a genuine read.

If I were scum I would have no reason to tmi Fable as town because I would much rather have him lynched than kill him. Thx.

I didn't hedge here. The difference between Jan and Fable in those situations is that I feel reasonably okay with my ability to read Fable based on recent meta and I can never read Jan FOR SHIT, so I have no way of making that call as "okay Jan reacted similarly so he is also town." I have been historically bad at reading Jan and had no reason having not read the game yet to make that read at the time.

I literally was just peeking in and I stumbled across it and I decided to point it out. Is there a problem with that? I at least wanted to be posting considering I didn't have time to read because of everything that was going on and how late I was in the hospital last night so I was making a fly-by post rather than a huge catchup wall, which it seems like I HAVE to be making on DLP nowadays or I don't earn my obligatory town read.

I don't always get overwhelmed by irl stuff when I roll scum, and I'm not more likely to do so if I roll scum. This meta is based off of a couple unfortunate games where things just happened that way, but by no means is it indicative of my usual play and quite frankly, Fonti, this is a fucking lazy read. You don't get to go "oh well you're overwhelmed by irl and that's happened to you a few times as scum so you could just be scum here" because a. given that I've been diligent in giving advance notice as to why I've been gone from the thread and haven't had the time to fully catch up yet I don't see why it's necessary to even involve your read in my irl, and b. out of game stuff is NAI for me AT BEST, and, barring something really serious or time consuming that would cause me to drop out of the game at which point you'd see a substitution, it's not really any of your business.

Honestly it just feels like at this point that the crowd here really doesn't know how to read me honestly? Because if I'm not high-volume, diligent detailed catch-up post top townread you just think I'm scum and not only is that lazy, it's also extremely unfair to me when I simply had a busy first half of day one when we have literally like TWO MORE DAYS for me to fully catch up and get some content out.

So now I get to try and catch up, with half the thread scumreading me because I haven't been active YET, so that when I do become active and catch up I get to listen to you all tell me that I'm faking it so quite honestly I'm already fucking over it and I don't honestly care to explain my personal life to you all any more than I already have so if your concern is that I haven't caught up yet and have only been posting with current things that is exactly what has happened because of LIFE, so I will fucking get there and you should fucking give me time to do that before writing me off and having me fight an uphill battle for the rest of the damn game.

Thanks.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Scumreading pop ins is silly.

It’s not like I only show up when people talk about me negatively.

I’m still laughing at Gemma calling my earlier “pop in” wolfy when literally I woke up, checked the game without even rolling out of bed, made a post, and she was like “wolfy pop in!!”

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Oh.

You're in the third category of "person who I don't know how to read and won't talk about it."

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I dunno. What do you want me to talk about?

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Well then your Cobalt vote is a real fucking interesting event considering all I've had so far is pop ins.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

If it’s any consolation, Cobalt, I’m voting you because only bad/scum players vote fluff D1.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm glad you're laughing at least. It's exhausting when people only ever get pissy at me for having reads.