1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Make A Wish by Rorschach's Blot - T

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Gawl, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Rhea

Rhea First Year

The latest chapters weren't all that bad. Sure, they weren't as good as previous chapters, but really they're not THAT bad. And anyway, Harry is back. The story will be over soon. -sighs- I'll miss it.

2. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

It does sound like he will be wrapping it up soon. Good thing too because its sorta degraded since it started. Still some funny parts but not as original as when it first came out.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I still crack up laughing when I think of the Death Eaters and their portkeys.

This is the absolute best part of the whole thing:
    I can't help but laugh at that! Its fucking hilarious!

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    He had a really good funny and Somewhat powerful semi-Independent Harry that's seen things and done things his friends will never do and whats the Author do.....he fucks it up by making Harry all sad he made them worry and how he left for nothing boo fucking hoo :x

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd have been pissed off - Death Eaters ruining my 'last' holiday. Would be a major bummer.

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

And he has FUCKED up the ending.

Shame. Great fic, tarnished. The ending's not awful, BUT it is bad. This story should have ended 11 chapters ago.

Lots of people could have been cut-out or fused together. Combine the doctor and Henchgirl, make the architect some random goblin no need to name him, and remove the others. Harry's only traveling companions should have been: The Professor and Henchgirl. Even the Leather Work couple could have been left out, or have the PRofessor design a new thing. They could even leave them out entirely. And forget the fancy broom. Why couldn't the professor invent that? and they never should have gone commercial and founded Black Ink. It took Mr. Black's character out of the shadows and made him real rather than the mythical figure he was before. They tried to recapture some of that mystique (Characters trembling, the scene outside the Biker bar, etc) but its not the same as when the character was on par with Death. Death doesn't go to conventions. There's no way to restore the character's aura of cool once its lost. And the translator thing should have come from Harry's vault. It leaves out the whole Shopkeeper backstory, which is really a distraction. Harry had one relative who was a master linguist. That's it. No great hidden stuff in the vault. Its a simpler and cleaner solution.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yes, the tail end is turning out as great as it could have been but I've seen worse... a lot worse.

I wonder if they'll find out if he is Mr. Black... that'll be somewhat funny to see.

The latest chapters, while not as funny as the earlier ones, do have their moments, however small they may be. Harry punching out a kangaroo for instance, you Aussie's would know how difficult that would be.

8. zEROfrustration

zEROfrustration Second Year

Really enjoying this story and also the Omake's, Specially the one about the bunny having an accident

Bows with respect while holding a sore stomach from laughing too much,
    zEROfrustration

9. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

The story is done. It was actually a very good ending, with Harry not rejoining all his friends.

10. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Yeah it was alright, bit anti-climatic but ok

11. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I'm glad he finally quit this. The last ten chapters were terrible.

12. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Meh, didn't think they were terrible, not as good as the first few, but still alright. I enjoyed the story though, good comedy relief

13. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Henchgirl rules!!!

Great ending to a great story...

14. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

It was a great story, but the ending left a sort of empty feeling. I donno it seemed like he rushed it. Kind of ruined the story for me.

15. Element

Element Seventh Year

Anyone read the author notes of the last chapter? Don't fucking make a sequel, Blot, seriously. Scratch that, don't freaking make two sequels. Sigh. Well, at least one of them will be solely for O-Makes. I just really want this to end. Its a great fic and all, but its dragging out too long IMO. Perhaps he wants to do a nonjon-esque trilogy ><.

16. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

He should've quit while he was ahead. Once Harry came back to Britain the story went to shit and became an average fic, with no humor, and nothing but bullshit filler.

17. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Maw

It's finished, the conclusion was a bit rushed, but I admit that the story quite enjoyable overall.
    I highly reccomend the Untitled JLA X-over, which can be found at the group.

18. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah, this story started out reaaly good in the beginning, but the last ten or so chapters sorta brought the quality down. They just weren't as well written as the rest of the story; it was starting to sound like the author was pulling them from well... ya get the picture. And he wants to write sequals? I think he should take a break and then come back with some new material.

19. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Meh. I liked the ending, it just pulled away from the humor aspect that drew most of its crowd. Telling the snake that he couldn't die was one of the best parts of the story to me. He was about to kill the snake anyway, so there was no reason to say it other than for himself. It leads me to think that Harry is starting to believe all the things people are saying about him and is actually turning into "Mr. Black."

20. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

Really liked the fic even if the ending was a "bit" off...
    Its like Blot was trying to make the humor fic in a general type of fic.... but thats probably fault of the ff.net reviewers.