1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Malignant Objects by Charlie -dashdot- Blue - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by razz, Mar 19, 2006.

1. razz

razz Seventh Year

I really liked the interatcion with his parents - I thought it was hilarious. The author seems to like darker Harry fics too (though, admitdly, slash), so hopefully it wont go to 'Brady Bunch' too soon. Also, the author mentioned health problems, so the fic might be getting faster updates from now on ... I hope.

2. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I like this story, I especially likes how Tobias is. I hope that the Order does manage to kidnap him but that he kills a few Order members :D

Also anyone know why he could use magic to get his parents to want him? It was rather amusing but would have been better if he had taken it even further.

3. razz

razz Seventh Year

Was updated again.

Harry's kinda ... feral. I think I like it.

4. Rhea

Rhea First Year

I hate Snape. True, I hate him in almost every story but that's not the point. I have nothing against slash but I despise HP/SS (HP/DM as well) and this looks like it's going to be HP/SS. Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. It would be a pity if it turns out to be that pairing.
    And I don't like the ending of this chapter. He was caught twice! And both times by Snape!

5. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Actually, the first time there was somebody behind Harry while Harry was poised to attack Snape who knocked Harry out. Anyways, I love this story. While this author may be a jerk, he is an excellent author, and his vocab, tone, characterization and overall atmosphere are spot-on in my opinion. However, I share you fear that this may turn out to be HP/SS, but I'll keep reading until it gets to that point.

As said before, this Voldemort is fantastic, even better than jbern's, IMHO, which is amazing, because jbern's Voldy is awesome. The whole air of...I can't find the right words, but it's like Harry and Voldy are...polished, and talk like royalty. That part is amazing in my mind.

I would give this story a 9/10.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Just finished it and it was indeed excellent.

It looks like a sappy "Mom! Dad!, you are my parents!" kind of moment is coming, and I'll castrate Charlie if he does it.

7. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

The author IS female. Read the A/N on the latest chapter.

The slash atmosphere is starting to be especially overpowering currently. (Obviously going to be HP/SS) And I also don't like how the author switches POVs most of the time. But otherwise it's still a pretty good fic atm.

8. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

This story is just getting better and better, but it would be far better if Snape wouldent be thinking of how hot Tobias is all the time.

9. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I agree...its a good fic, but i'm slowly getting turned off of it.

Don't get me wrong...i love the way she writes in the film-noire fashion, and how she introduced the debauchery of this underground world so well.

What i hate is the angst that comes across, and the MASSIVE fucking crescendo that building. You KNOW this is going to end with Harry and Snape going at it like rabbits, and with her writing skill, she will make it INCREDIBLY graphic without it coming across as such.

When you build up a character so kick-ass, don't make him screw up like that. He didn't bring his guns? WTF? Balls...he's a fucking target, and an assassin, i doubt he would forget his guns just because of a good shag. And this velvety Snape is beginning to piss me off with his endless awesomeness. Snape is ugly, not some unbelievable ball of sexy man flesh with obsidian eyes...I really don't want to see this devolve into a formerly well written story that turned into a slashy fantasy.

I hate writing this...she writes so well, but this story will no longer appeal to me in the next few chapters. I don't want to see Harry get domesticated because he finds Snape's eyes or whatever interesting...i want to see more of this caged-animal ruthlessness. Fuck...in that hat scene, he killed those men because he thought a fucking lighter was a gun being pulled out. That was awesome...now, this will turn out as some "Harry Help!"

"Silence, bish, i'm not your son! Sevvie (puke) let me stare at your captivating eyes for a while, eh?"

Snape, incapable of walking like a normal human being, saunters over and the two of them eyefuck the shit out of each other while the debauchery continues in the background.

Dammit. I loved this story uintil Snape featured as this kickass intimidate/seduce/outright-mindfuck machine of manly goodness.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Agree with Yarrgh, this story was barely keeping my interest before and it definitely lost me now. It's just too angsty and emo for my liking. Harry being an idiotic fag doesn't help too.

11. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Harry is a fucking hitman.

Snape is skinny Potions Master who lives his live in the dungeons.

How did he get Harry twice?

12. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I have too agree, even if Snape could have taken harry the first time by suprice so should it not have been possible a second time with tobias being a skilled fighter...

13. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Even the first time...Haryr was so captivated by Snape's BLACK eyes that he didn't see the guy come at him from behind.

Now...WTF? I have met people with dark brown eyes...and i know for fucking certain that their eyes are NOT emotive at all. When you see a person with really dark eyes, their eyes look mostly blank...there isn't any SCOPE of being captivated by them. I have light hazel eyes, and only when i am VERY VERY pissed off can you tell (only by my eyes) that i'm angry. I don't like it, but with Harry's eyes, i like to imagine that he cna actually shoot 'cold' looks at people, etc with just his eyes and a blank expression.

This is just gay foreshadowing.

14. razz

razz Seventh Year

Just in case anyone's interested, I got a reply from a review today, thought I should share …

So, it wont be Harry/Snape after all.

;)

15. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Hooray! *dances for joy*

That takes out one of the very few things in this story that I didn't like. Otherwise, this is an absolutely fantastic fic.

16. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I agree, it is a great story and the removal of Harry/Snape makes it all that much better. Hope it is updated soon.

17. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Your wish has been fulfilled.

18. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I just read it and maybe I misunderstood something but what was the big deal with the ring? It should not be so easy for Dumbledore to find something to control Tobias with...

19. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

It's just the authors excuse to get him to go to Hogwarts.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Because God forbid there ever be a story where he *GASP* doesn't go to fucking school. Seriously, this is a fun story, but this chapter kinda pissed me off. I hate seeing Harry being manipulated and controlled.