1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Andrela, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

It depends when they would do it. If now then older Peter would probably be their choice because they have younger in the movies, otherwise I would expect them to want highschool setting again, but with more adventures and usual Peter's problems than you can have in few films.

2. James

James Unspeakable

Ugh. I haven't liked Maguire as spider-man very much, but the Dunst/Maguire anti-chemistry was the worst part.

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought they had good chemistry...just an absolutely sucky plot to work with. The constant "will they...won't they" dynamic was beyond aggravating.

4. James

James Unspeakable

You know what, I don't know anymore, upon rewatch. The whole dreamy girl / emo boi stuff is infuriating, but I can't tell if it's just shit writing, physical features of the actors and my personal dislike for such people, or they genuinely have no chemistry.

Back to topic: stoked for the new movie, I like Tom Holland as the spiderman, and the movies with this version of spiderman, don't care about the others. And Molina as Octopus, yissss.

5. Arthellion

High Score:
    Ngl. The Raimi dialogue was pretty cringe for the most part. I love those films, but like...all of the romance was pure cringe. But I base that more on dialogue than the actors.

Stone and Garfield had great chemistry...but their relationship came across as really stalkery/unhealthy.

Zendaya and Holland are really good...but she's not MJ. Just an OC with the name.

6. Celestin

In a way Marvel and Sony made a mistake with her. They created a brand new character that is quite good and they called her Michelle Jones with was a nice nod to Mary Jane Watson. Spider-Man wouldn't be the first hero to have multiple characters with the same initials, Superman is famous for his relationships with people with L.L. Then calling her MJ at the end basically ensured that for most she's now just a variant of Mary Jane instead of being her own character.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not exactly dumb thoughts given that word of mouth in financial circles is that Disney is currently in talks with Sony about buying back the Spiderman film and tv rights for Marvel for several billion. They also apparently are offering shared merch rights, which I'm sure will be very tempting for Sony.

8. Paladin

Paladin Defender of the Faith

High Score:
    My take, as unasked for as it is, is that
    Molina's Ock is actually showing up as an ally to the Spider-Man (Men? Fuck I hope so)

I watched Far From Home last night, and it was good, I guess, but idk I'm not sure I'm a fan of Holland's Spidey, but he's competent at it and that's good enough I reckon.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Considering the tendency of Spiderman movies to kill off their villains, I'm curious how the crossover is going to be explained, assuming any attempt at justification and explanation is made at all. Especially for villains from the same series that both died at separate points in time.

10. Arthellion

High Score:
    Likely variants.

Or multi-verse pulls them in at different times.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Assuming that we'll see the corresponding Spidermen as well, what does that mean? One Spiderman per villain, or one Spiderman per universe? Because both have problems.

Idk how it'll work out, but hopefully it'll work out.

12. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

This is Spider-Man, considering how elaborate the MCU has been getting, I wouldn't be suprised if they think they got to the point where they could introduce the Web of Life and Destiny.

For those that dont know, it's a magical web woven by someone called the great weaver. It is what connects past, present, future and the multiverse. Spider-Totems(people with Spider powers) across the multiverse have a mystical connection to it, which lets most of them perceive the future in some way(Spider-Sense). It was also somehow responsible for the Spider-Totems having their connected to other animal totems(people with Spider-Powers are fated to have animal themed villains). The Web of Life and Destiny can also be used for travel accross the multiverse, either by the Great Weaver, but also through technology.

In the comics it was used for the crossover event Spider-verse, where a ton of known versions of Spider-Man were included, from various comics cartoons, but even Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield's Spidermen were mentioned to be there. Hell, we even saw the Japanese life action spider-man in it, including his Giant Robot.

While I dont think this is going to be it's own Spider-Verse event, I could see the web being used as explanation in addition to Doctor Stange's magic which draws power from other dimensions.

13. Arthellion

High Score:
    Shang-Chi was top notch.

Definitely in my top 5.

Prolly the best origin film imo.

14. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not sure I'd go quite that far, but I'm happy to second the praise for Shang-Chi - certainly the best of the post-Endgame output, and certainly one of the best origin movies. And easily the most intriguing credit scenes for a while, for whatever that's worth.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I watched Black Widow. Was... fine. Not bad, but rather boring at times.

It didn’t have much of that Marvel spark.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hawkeye trailer

Looks pretty fun, tbh.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looks like a whole lot more Sassy!GrumpyDad!Clint, which is really the only good Clint.

18. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is that the fucking tracksuit mafia.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Loving the Christmas vibe. I just wish they had a spooky one to go with Halloween as well.

20. Celestin

Your wish is Disney's command. Or at least maybe since it could be just a horror for Halloween, but they definitely should give it Halloween's theme too.