1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dark Belra, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pointless? Have you ever been hit by one of those in the middle of a firefight? Hardly pointless.

2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Shepard survives in every ending... umm right?

Also the most useless power was the one where you could jack an enemy driod. Don't you have to get close to use it? I don't know, I just let my allies spam their useless spells. Late game they were scarcely useful (even the ones where enemies were tossed or levitated into the air) and I can't recall or not if they all worked on bosses or not. The only useful one was the shield enhancer.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  3. Koalas

High Score:
    No.
    Your choices affect everything and can apparently result in permanent death.

4. damen zabini

damen zabini First Year

Just curious but remember Bioware promising 3 addons per Mass effect, What gives?

5. kjp

kjp DA Member

I could be wrong so don't quote me but they had the conversation interrupt, the new biotic power, and that weird grenade launcher thing. I was kind of hoping for a little more but oh well, still looks better then anything short of KOTOR3.

What I really can't wait for is to see what fox does, I can see the headlines now "XBOX or Pedo Box". "Did I play it? Of course I didn't play it, but I heard it has little boy sex, who told me? my next door neighbor's cousin".

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  6. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

What are you talking about?

7. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Probably the controversy over the sexual content. Fox News went batshit crazy
    Funny thing? Jack Thompson thought the controversy was overblown

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

It is overblown. I don't even remember the scene, it was so unremarkable (well Ashley's might have been okay, but I picked Liara).

How does it make it pedobox? The characters involved are easily over the age of twenty (well Ashley might be 19? I forget - Liara's over a century old... don't think that's pedo quality). Unless in the sequel, Liara/Asheley have de-aged...

Also, I doubt we'll get another sex scene this time. Maybe in the third installment.

edit: Then why is anybody listening to their bullshit? It's like complaining about a book you've never read. Just shows how their thickheaded ignorance is driving their outrage.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  9. kjp

kjp DA Member

They were exactly the same.

It's Fox since when has the truth mattered?

10. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

These were the issues that incredible shithead Fox columnist Kevin McCollough took umbrage with:
    List also from Kotaku.

Actually, I don't believe I ever was, aside from the scripted event during the fight with Matriarch Benezia. I don't believe the AI ever does try to use Stasis on you (on the 360 version at least, maybe on the pc?) but even so I still maintain it would be fairly pointless as you'd be invulnerable to damage.

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

12. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

You've obviously never played through as a Bastion sub-class. This allows adepts and sentinels to use stasis and attack the frozen enemy. It's a pretty sweet move.

13. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

If it takes them over 6 months to develop a patch for ME2 (like the so called one being made for ME1), I doubt I will be buying it.

*edit*
    Topic that I am talking about. Notice the 1st post? 1/31/2009. I assume that that it had to have been being worked on before the "announcement" was made...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  14. Koalas

High Score:
  15. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hell yes the Krogan are back and just as awesome.

16. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

Source:
    http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,96455,6952988,Wywiad__Heather_Rabatich_o_Mass_Effect_2.html\

WHAT THE FUCK, EA.

10/10

17. Koalas

High Score:
    If they can make the game more accessible for, urgh, Halo fanbois then more power to them I suppose. If they sacrifice game play to make it more marketable for people that won't buy it however...

18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

more accessible = easier, less reading, more cutscenes.

Stop ruining my fucking games so fratboys can circlejerk over them.

19. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

I have indeed never played as a Bastion prestige class, however my point was that its never really used against you in the game. Neither do I believe I've ever encountered a Bastion enemy. So it's still a pretty pointless power all around, both for the player (as almost all of the other biotics have wide areas of effect and can kill in their own right) and for the enemies (as you would just be invulnerable).

Also I'm not to fussed about them trying to change the combat. Having recently replayed the game with a maxed out character on the hardest difficulty setting I can honestly say that the shooting in particular doesn't really hold up after two years. I don't see the harm on trying to model the shooting after some of the most succesful shooters in history, from what I understand the game will still be an action RPG with plently of non shooting options if you choose to not play as a Soldier class.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  20. Koalas

High Score: