1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Deftex, Jan 29, 2017.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I have encountered a grand total of one bug - falling beneath the map - so far. And I was able to jump jet right on out.

2. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I've encountered a couple, mostly a repeat of my critical shields failing. When you take the biotic passive talent to restore your shields at 25% hp then get grabbed and chewed by a fiend, it almost always glitches your game and I have to close program and reopen.

It's happened around 15 times in 80 hours.

But I know the console versions are much buggier than the PC.

3. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    Honestly the animations really aren't that bad. They're easy to ignore (save a few pretty cooky ones but those make me laugh rather than take away from the game). Do I wish they were perfect? Yeap. But my bar is set pretty low after 2016.

The only major glitch I ran into (on pc) was during the Architect fight on Eos. After I activated the hammer thing I'd lose the ability to move/do anything and the spawning cutscene for the Architect wouldn't play.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I've been playing the Xbox One version for about a week, and the only bug I've experienced was placing the second hammer on Eos, the NPC didn't spawn in that settler camp. Saving and reloading fixed it.

The only other consistent "bug" is that sniping people from too far away doesn't cause any kind of reaction, either from them or from enemies near them. Which, while fun at first, is suuuuuper cheap and hopefully something that can get fixed later.

My main complaint about the game is the inventory / crafting system. It's... kind of cool, in theory, the amount of customization you can do, but the lack of transparency combined with the one-shot nature of augmentations makes me kind of leery of experimenting, which it feels like is what the game wants you to do. But like, I saved up to craft a good sniper rifle pretty early and thought I'd make it really cool by firing explosive plasma bolts instead of bullets, but they ended up doing less damage and firing in an arc, which made it kind of... ineffective as a sniper rifle.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I haven't had any bugs since Eos. Had enemies inside walls a few times, and once it was like they were in a room that didn't have a door to get into it. First bug was on the very first map (habitat 7 I think it was). I activated cloaking and got bugged in the ground to where I couldn't move at all, and had to wait for an enemy to kill me.

6. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

If you wanna experiment with weapons, you can go to Havarl which has an outpost near enemies. You can save, then craft and test on enemies.

It's not perfect of course, but it does help the whole issue with not knowing what you are crafting.

7. MonkeyEpoxy

This game reeeeally needed that little area like ME3 had in the Spectre offices. Put a shooting range on the Tempest.

---------- Post automerged 04-03-2017 at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-02-2017 at 09:26 PM ----------

Has anyone come across some weapon/mod that is just objectively awesome? The mod where you get 25% shields restored when a clip empties just goes with shotguns beautifully. The armor mod that zaps enemies that get close is entertaining too.

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I was pretty fond of the vintage heatsink mod. Slap it on a Ruzad shotgun in a vanguard/melee build, and I basically never had to reload or wait for it to cool down ever.

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I have to say, this game is just... pretty. It's a cool mental trick, too, making you work to make the planets you're on less shitty visually.

When I came out of the vault on Voeld, and the perma-grey overcast/snowy sky had changed into a clear, crisp night with the aurora, and those rings, and the moon, I just stopped and looked around for a while. Literally drove the Nomad to a high cliff to get a better view. Felt cool.

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Shield Oscillator on Ishaya is pretty awesome.

One shot Sniper Rifle that recharges your shield by 25% every shot is no joke.

BioClip on a Highpowered shotgun like Disciple just rekts.

11. Anarchy

I still haven't finished the campaign, but I've been playing a decent amount of MP in my spare time (which isn't much). Level 16 on my main. Finally managed to get a decent gun in a Vanquisher 1. Does like really great damage, especially with my passive abilities. It 1 shots chosen in bronze difficult with just body shots, and headshots will 1 shot sharpshooters. Still haven't really gotten anything else. I've only got 1 mod for pretty much every weapon class, but no other good weapons other than an ultra rare pistol which I don't use. Still haven't found anything for the equipment slot and tbh I don't even know what goes there. Not really sure what boosters are either, but they seem like a passive effect that is always there and isn't a consumable?

12. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Equipment are consumables, like the cobra RPG and shield boosters from the single player. You can buy em from the store with mission points (forget what it's actually called, it's the currency you get from the APEX mission table in SP/the app).

Boosters are passive effects, like +% XP, +% shields, incendiary ammo, etc, that are active for one match, and then are consumed. So you need to keep applying them after every match if you want them active, until you run out. You find em in loot boxes semi-frequently.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  13. MonkeyEpoxy

The equipment slot is for things like the juggernaut shield or adaptive war amp.

14. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

So there's a couple different things we're talking about here: There's consumables, which are the aforementioned cobra RPGs, revives, ammo restores, and health/shield restores.

You get these in loot boxes, or in dirt cheap supply crates. I have dozens of the things just from opening basic, advanced, and veteran packs. You'll never need to buy them with mission funds, which are better spent on equipment. You can use a certain amount of these per match, it starts at 3 and can go up to 5-6. But you basically never need to worry about running out of them and can use as need be if you're relatively judicious in their use.

There's equipment like the extended thermal clips, adaptive war amp, or juggernaut shield. These are not consumed on use, and give huge buffs. +75% spare ammo, +15% biotic damage, +10% shields and +75% melee damage respectively. You buy these with mission funds, and they are fairly expensive, ranging between 70 and 125 mission funds each.

Then there are boosters. The most powerful of these are ammo effects, because these can prime enemies for detonation just via shooting them. But these are consumed on use and can range from +shields, +weapon/biotic/tech damage, +experience gain, et cetera. You get these by opening packs, and no other place.

It's all very self explanatory in game, however complicated it seems right now. You've your boosters which give stat buffs and are consumed per match, your in-game consumables (cobra RPG, revives, etc), and equipment (not consumable, purchased in the store with mission funds).

You get mission funds by playing apex missions either in the app, singleplayer, or multiplayer. You can't get mission funds with microtransactions, you can only buy veteran and premium packs.

15. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

16. MonkeyEpoxy

Patch notes:

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-05-notes/

Woo. Also, I wasn't personally bothered by the lack of a skip function while traveling in the Tempest because it's just fucking gorgeous, but a lot of people were and I'm glad they're fixing it. Also, hopefully it becomes viable to loadout with an AR or Pistol now. And I'm glad they're fixing the charge bug where you get stuck - that one hit me a few times yesterday (that's what I get about bragging about not experiencing major bugs)

Future Issues that they're working on:

I'm one of the ones skeptical about how much they can really do about animations at this point, but I'm glad they're tackling it.

17. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    Looks like playthrough #2 is gonna be pretty good.

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Who knows.

I might even play special needs ryder—er I mean, Female Ryder.

19. Anarchy

bro, how else will you experience the joy that is fem!Ryder/Peebee zero-g scissoring?

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

The Iron Rose:

Which packs are the best bang for my MP points?