1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Deftex, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

"finished" up havarl or w/e it's called. Really pretty place, but got kind of tedious. Doubt I'm actually finished there, because I've gone back to Eos, and apparantly there's a whole ton of stuff to do there once you go back. Way more than there was the first time around. I did get it to 100% habitable, but still seems like there's a ton more to do.

Also ran into the same annoying bug twice, in different spots. A bug where you can't get out of combat. Somehow, enemies get stuck somewhere you can't get to, sometimes you can see where, sometimes you can't. This was especially annoying when I was cleaning out a base with some Invictor dude. Have to clear out 100+ Kett, which is really freaking annoying when you can't save in between waves. Even after I killed the boss and completed the objective, it wouldn't clear me from combat. Couldn't fast travel either, so I had to drive all the way back to the main camp manually to board the Tempest to get out of combat and save, and that's not a quick trip. Then, maybe 30 minutes later it happened again, where I got stuck in combat. I could see the guys through the wall using my scope, but I could not find a way to get to them at all, so I had to do the same thing again. Really annoying.

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

If that happens again, you should be aware you can teleport to the Tempest from the Nomad. Just have to hold down T on PC while in it. Not sure what it is on console, but it should be the same key as exiting the galaxy map. Should save you a bit of time at least.

3. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    Peebee is honestly one of the most useful, besides Drack. Holy fuck does Drack get shit done.

Peebee is all about CC, which is pretty useful since I have... Invasion? maxed out on her as well as pull, so she debuffs as well as throws enemies up in the air where it's easy for a combo detonation.

One big peeve of mine though is how most of your squadmates seem geared towards close combat/melee.
    -Drak has his shotgun, bloodrage, etc. His skill trees are angled towards close range tank.
    -Vetra is close-mid range, and generally is good against unshielded enemies. There's not much long-range viability.
    -A lot of Cora's builds seem to (me at least) to be based around charge and shielding her allies. Her main weapon is also a shotgun.
    -Jaal? He has that whole ninja go invisible and stab people in the back thing going on. Sure he might use a rifle primarily, but once you start leveling him up and his CDs go down on.. Avenger Strike I think it's called, he spends a lot of time up close.
    -Liam's signature skill is his Havoc Strike thing where he gets in the enemy's face and slams the ground at their feet with his Omni-Blades.
    -Peebee... not much melee.

It looks like I might be reaching a bit, but at this point I have basically every skill for each squadmate maxed out (with some exceptions) and most of the fighting is done close-quarters. I just would have liked to see an ally whos contribution to the team was long-range assistance. At the very least, selecting what weapon an ally uses would have been nice, that way I could give someone a sniper rifle.

4. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

It's possible that I find Peebee useless because I generally played an adept with a lot of CC; typically I had pull, Singularity and a third rotating ability depending on enemies. I even used a sniper and Assault Rifle most of the game so I was generally far back. Probably, I never noticed the lack of ranged characters since I was the ranged character.

5. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Anyone else getting loads of multiplayer crashes? I've only just started the game, tried multiplayer a couple times crashes everytime for me.

6. Anarchy

I haven't had any crashes, but I have had quite a lot of latency problems. Maybe half of my games work fine. That being said, I still haven't managed to actually complete any of the multiplayer strike missions. I made it to wave 6 in one of them, but the shit is pretty hard when you're just starting out and have a rifle that does 30 damage.

7. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah I was getting quite a few crashes, just put myself in DMZ while I'm playing Mass Effect no more crashes, weird. Still latency problems, but thats what you get when you get shit p2p. I mean I know Mass Effect isn't in it for the multiplayer, but god I hate p2p.

8. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Just got Voeld viable for an outpost,
    the ensuing boss fight vs the Remnant version of the Thresher Maw was pretty cool. Cheesed the fuck out of it but no complaints
    , moving onto Halvaar(?) and the second part of helping the Angara.

Favorite squad mates are Jaal and Drack, but Cora and Drack had some nice conversations while you were driving around.

9. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I have voeld at 100% viability, only the medical supply crates quest and the big kett base yet, where does the architect come in?
    Also, how do I get the last medical supply crates, it seems to be on the mountainside and I can't find it

I love Drack. I think he's my favorite Krogan.

10. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Talk to the woman who runs the outpost and she asks you to check up on a team, follow the questline and you get the Architect.

Medicine quest I haven't done either, was thinking I might try and run up it now the temperatures gone down.

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Whats the best weapon you guys have made so far?

12. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Only just got started with Weapons, been trying to find the arcs ASAP so haven't really been focused on weapons.

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I really like my Dhan shotgun. Its at Dhan VI right now and 2 shots grunts on insanity. It's modded for plasma seeking and a bunch of biotic power. And the asari sword of course.

14. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

The dhan is a hell of a lot of fun, but the piranha is still by far the best shotgun in the game.

Pistols are unfortunately a bit anaemic, which is a shame.

I also respecced to a charge/flamethrower/energy drain build and it's a blast. More fun than playing with biotics alone, and the sentinel profile has kicking rad tech armor so that's a plus.

Might drop energy drain for overload though. The damage it does to shields is honestly a bit pathetic.

Having a blast and loving the game though.

15. Anarchy

I made a Sandstorm assault rifle. It makes a du du du firing sound.

16. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    The Dhan is really nice, I have one modded to hell and it one shots grunts and works great with my Singularity, Charge, Nova build. Also N7 armor for those biotic buffs.

17. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sidewinder with penetrating augmentations and mods with some clip size inrease added on. It kills things like no tomorrow. I jsut wish you could do double pistol...

18. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm rather enjoying my Ruzad VII augmented with an old-fashioned heatsink and extra mod slots. The thing hits like a truck, especially with annihilation up, and isn't nearly as finicky to use as the Dhan.

@Churchey I'm finding that the Kett Carfalon is generally a better melee weapon than the Asari Sword. The blink/iframes are nice for sure, but the consistent, large heal and faster attacks seem much more effective on the whole. Feels better when I'm playing it at least.

19. Anarchy

Made it to Kadara Port today, and perhaps what was just a minor grievance is now becoming the hardest one to ignore, and that's the sense of time. This place is where all the exiles from the Nexus went and set up shop, yet the Ardara are there as well, but I only just made first contact with them not that long ago. And somehow there's already a middleman spyguy who is smuggling for the Ardara... the timeline here just doesn't make any sense at all, and hasn't really at all since the beginning. I mean, you'd think that it would take a massive amount of time to do anything because it's not like there's mass effect relays for you to bounce around all over the place, but it seems like the game randomly speeds up months of progression into about 2 minutes of gameplay, but there isn't anywhere to actually keep track of how much time has passed so it's really jarring.

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I also just arrived at Kadara. Was feeling kind of like I had a lot of dead ends and quests on hold, but then everything just opened up like crazy. Tons to do next time I have time to play.

Also, built a revenant V with sticky grenades and a vintage heat sink which I can't wait to try out. I really recommend getting the cryopod for research. Seems like it always gives me milky way data and that's the data I'm short on.

I wish the N7 gear from the nexus vendors wasn't so good. It's like obviously the best for me with +max shields and +biotic damage, but I really don't want to look like Shepard. So I'm using all the pieces but a pathfinder chest to avoid that.
    Agayek: As I've leveled up, the less and less I need the i-frames. It really helped when charge and lance were low level, but now I think I can just not bother, because it's certainly easy to miss with. Sometimes you just go flying off to the right and have to swivel around to get back on target. I bought out an angaran shiv, interested to see how that works out. If I like the animation, I'll dump the points into it.

As I am, I've maxed out all 3 biotic passives, lance, charge, and annihilation, so I'm dumping the rest of my points into combat. It's kind of fun to carry a shotgun, a revenant, and 2 pistols and be at just 8% over capacity. When I get to 40 and can craft the level VIs, I can run around with all that with no weight restrictions.