1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Micro Mafia #1 - OT2R Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

That makes me feel a lot better about you, font. I didn't notice that you asked Kai a question. From my perspective, things had progressed like this: You attacked Bill for the slip, I pressured you over some stuff, you stopped pressuring Bill and switched to defense.

At any rate, you're obv-town now.

Unvote: fontisian
    Vote: Bill Door

because: #24, #26, delayed & forced responses to pressure, for dropping the Governor thing until asked, and because this sequence of statements:

...is contradictory: It's okay for Bill not to have thoughts on anything because the game is "meh" and nothing has happened, but it's not okay for Lucky to say the same. Meanwhile, the pressure on Luckylee feels extremely forced, like he's deliberately trying to appear to be doing something. Which ironically bothers me more than him not doing anything.

I also disliked the "day 1 is pretty important in every game" comment on a gut level, but that's more vague.

I also dislike Luckylee because he's acting different than he has in any previous game I've seen him in.

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Why do you think this?

Your other question has probably been answered at this point.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    False, I am almost always bored/useless day 1. Last game was the exception, since Proph set me off. Also nobody is obv town Day 1, Rubi.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Because scum are more likely to be thinking about the roles that they have, and then accidentally putting them into text.

It's harder for a townie to mistake governor for godfather in that way imo.

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    On another note, Sesc and Lexi looked at the thread and didn't post so thats interesting.

5. Rubicon

It's a gut thing, we'll see.

Sure they are, Probellum was obv-town last game for instance.

What's your read on fontisian? This implies you think she's scummy.

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    No it doesn't, I don't think Fonti is scummy atm, however that doesn't mean she's obv town. Also PB came under suspicions later and was replaced out, he isn't a fair example.

7. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Vote: Rubicon

I'm sorry, but that has to be the most disingenuous series of votes and unvotes on the same two people for the worst reasons I have ever seen in my mafia career.

---------- Post automerged at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Was busy earlier, but I checked in to see if the game was still in RVS or not. It clearly wasn't, so I had to catch up later (read: now). It's exam time and I don't have all the time in the world, sorry~.

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Ouch~

Unvote

9. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

First off, I swear to god if I have to explain why early massclaiming is an awful idea to one more town I'm going to just stop caring and pray to roll scum against you people in every game. Stop it.

Secondly, why a goon specifically for that slip?

Good arbitrary question? I guess? This exchange reeks.

Never mind you answered it for me, oh look how convenient that was~. Now I get to bask in how glorious your answer... wasn't. It's atrocious. This logic is... tinfoil hat level.

Plus, that EXCHANGE. If you thought Font's arbitrary open ended questioning was bad, get a LOAD OF THIS!.

Another point for awkward exchanges. These guys are both town. I doubt they're both scum, but this sure as hell isn't a town v. town exchange.

Also, didn't he make himself clear in his belief he thought Bill was the godfather earlier? Why are you asking questions just for the sake of asking questions? I swear to god if the words "applying pressure" come out of your mouth I will end you.

-----------------------------------------

In addition, Rubicon voting Bill Door makes less sense when you consider Bill Door also advocated for a form of governor claim. Hell, BillDoor did the RIGHT thing and asked for it on days 2/3.

Disingenuous and shady all the way through, I don't like it.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

“Brevity is the soul of wit.”
    -- William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Vote Count
    (4 to lynch)

Bill Door (2) - fontisian, Rubicon
    KaiDASH (1) - Bill Door
    Rubicon (1) - Lexicat

Abstain (3): KaiDASH, Ruckyree, Sesc

11. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Not that I believe this for a second, but if this is true, it only makes your early game look worse when compared to your recent stuff.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I think Proph would call Rubi out if he tried bull shitting like that.

13. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

This post is the nail in the coffin, btw.

Let's start with his suspicion of Font. He suspects Font for "not doing anything" after pressuring Bill on a slip, and switching to a defensive mode. In a game which, at the time had 3 pages, you're telling me he couldn't find that question to Kai? Especially if he ACTUALLY suspected him and it was genuine/not faked? Like, hell, even if he DIDN'T miss it, the fact that ONE QUESTION changed his opinion of Font from voting him to "obv-town" should be enough to crucify him.

But you want more? Oh there's more. Let's start with the fact that contradictions like the one he pointed out on BillDoor are at best neutral, at worst townie. Scum are much more... careful about such obvious blunders that will naturally draw attention to them.

And then he takes a shot at BillDoor for his throwaway comment about how Day 1 is always important and should be taken seriously? When... he made a similar comment? I can't see what your problem with this can be outside of "he's just parroting me", but if that's your issue, you have to tell me why that makes him scum. You can't hide behind gut on a statement like that when YOU ALREADY MADE ONE JUST LIKE IT.

Finally, trying to put mild suspicion onto Luckylee feels more like chaining lynches than it does actual scumhunting. Plus, Lee's the most townie person in this thread right now.

So yeah, more votes here please.

---------- Post automerged at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Even if that is the case, it doesn't change the fact that his current stance on players reflects extremely poorly on his early game play as an alignment thing, if it's the truth.

But I wouldn't put it past him to try this as a gambit, and I wouldn't put it past Proph to let him try?

---------- Post automerged at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Anyway, that's p. much all from me for tonight. I'll catch up again tomorrow.

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Well that worked out really well. Any defense Rubi?

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hey Lexi, explain the bolded sentence. (Also, I'm a she.)

16. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Guys was being used in the general term, but fair enough. Sorry.

And it's supposed to say aren't, but I was writing that super late last night. Sowwy.

17. Rubicon

Lexi, not that I'm averse to lying in a mafia game, but lying about receiving my role PM puts the moderator in the uncomfortable position of having to decide whether to intervene in the game and correct me. Even if he did agree to it, which I don't believe Prophylaxis would do, it would be awkward even asking, and I doubt he'd appreciate the request.

The shift back to Bill is because fontisian made a super town post right after Bill had made several scummy ones. Making a long detailed case on me, then immediately throwing it out as invalid and throwing up her hands and saying "What am I supposed to do now Rubicon??" Without voting me at all? That reads like genuine irritation, especially in the context of her previous posts.

This basically amounts to "Bill Door is too scummy to be scum". Which is almost always wrong, anyway - scum often make obvious blunders, nobody can be perfect all the time - but definitely wrong in Bill's case: He's not bad as scum, but I can definitely see him struggling to look active as scum. As town, he's perfectly willing to be inactive until he has something important to say.

Picking Luckylee as his target, for doing the same thing he himself had been doing? That's pretty terrible.

You probably think his "Godfather" slip is more likely to be town, as well? For all your defense of Bill, you avoided mentioning that entirely.

18. KaiDASH

Can't it have been covered by:

I think 'mentioning scum role instead of similar-ish town role' falls under 'obvious blunder'.

I feel like you're just digging for anything to get votes off of you (and seemingly, on to bill door).

lynch rubicon

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Hm, to expand: I'm not adverse to lynching BD today, but I think if rubicon flips scum then BD is town, while BD's flip tells us little about rubicon.

19. Rubicon

I'm not sure how you got "Rubicon desperately trying to get Lexi's one vote off him" from that quote.

Also not sure why you're answering questions for Lexi. The answer you quoted may be her response, especially now that you've helpfully provided it to her, but she was not talking about the Godfather slip when she said it, and I'd like to see her answer it.

20. KaiDASH

Sorry about question ninja.

Your posts have felt similar to your posts against me in last game.