1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Micro Mafia #1 - OT2R Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well, I am the same person.

2. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I like how Rubicon tried to backtrack after asking me a question I had already pointed out in my posts on him.

It just goes to show that Rubicon is a scumbag who doesn't need to read my posts because he's not actually interested in determining my alignment. He already knows because he's scum.

More votes here pl0x.

3. Rubicon

Could you point it out again for me?

4. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

This is referring not just specifically to the contradictions you were toting in the post I quoted, but also to the supposed slip catch you were harping on.

Is this really that hard for you to follow?

5. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

TL;DR: Vote: Rubicon

Longer version:

Luckylee, do something else than stare at the thread. It's creepy and tells you exactly nothing, because I could always hide myself and/or watch as a guest. I said when signing up that I wasn't around and had no time yesterday; now's the day after and I'm posting.

Also, there's a lot of stuff in the thread, so if you (read: Luckylee) can't find anything in there, you're doing it wrong. Things relevant right now:

- BillDoor's mistake is just as likely to be Town as to be Mafia
    - Rubicon started tunneling on fontisian the moment she pointed out the mistake, while bandwagoning on BillDoor with his vote
    - The issue with the non-existing role is a thing, but wtf why would you post without a role anyway? That makes no sense at all.
    - Luckylee is useless
    - Kai is careful and quiet
    - fontisian is as much Town as you can possibly be at this point (and no, Rubicon, she was already before that post)
    - If we are already considering supposed "slips" as tells, I find Lexicat's "These guys are both town" much more interesting.

What I take from that:

I want to hear things from BillDoor not related to his supposed slip. The governor-plan is ehhh. Makes no sense to talk now about what we do in D2 or D3, the way I see it. At any rate though, if by then, the claim will make the governor the only more or less Townfirmed person, he'll just eat a NK and that's that. For that, it could be useful, I guess -- but bringing this plan up now makes me question his motives.

I want to know what Kai is planning.

Luckylee needs to start playing or get lynched.

And Rubicon makes no sense so far (and that's worse than Luckylee's non-posts). If he did have his role, I'd go as far as to call a BillDoor/Rubicon team based on his early behaviour, but then lying about the role really is bad form; if he didn't have his role, his early actions are entirely unmotivated and can't be used to decide shit.

I'm a proponent of avoiding things like fake-Mod claims, so I'm going with the latter, and all I have is everything after post #41.

@Rubicon: Why the vote change from BillDoor to fonti directly after you got your role (this looks bad), and are you seriously telling me (#61) you thought BillDoor was suspicious the entire time, and because of that you pressured ... fonti? What? That looks even worse.

And no, switching votes again because "right after Bill had made several scummy" posts is not a valid explanation if you refer as reasons for exactly that vote in #61 to posts from before you switched to fontisian.

Why do I even need to point this out?

6. Rubicon

This is why we have the Garcia rule, Kai.

Lexicat: Why did you ignore my (thoughtful and well-reasoned) response to your case against me, avoid my question to you and only repeat what Kai said verbatim when asked, and start pushing me for something different? It's especially weird because the thing you're saying I didn't read is the thing I talked about at length in my previous post.

7. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

This post offers nothing new in the way of responses to my points, it literally just tries to restate your cases again in the hopes I'll let you off the hook.

I won't. This post is bad.
    --------------------------
    Rubicon is at L-1. No one hammer him before he claims.

Rubicon, the floor is yours for a claim.

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

“Blessed are the dead that the rain falls on.”
    -- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Vote Count
    (4 to lynch)

Rubicon (3) - Lexicat, KaiDASH, Sesc
    Bill Door (2) - fontisian, Rubicon
    KaiDASH (1) - Bill Door

Abstain (1): Ruckyree

9. Sesc

Er, exactly what is a claim supposed to do, Lexicat? If he really is Mafia, he'll claim Vanilla. If he is Town + Vanilla, he'll do the same. So how will that be useful?

And I actually liked his most recent posts better than the ones before, but maybe that's just me. We still have more than a day, that's enough time for Rubicon to make more good posts and explain his bad ones.

10. Rubicon

I really appreciate you all taking the time to critique my town play, and will take all your thoughts under advisement in the future, but once again... I didn't have a role yet! That's basically a foolproof get-out-of-looking-scummy-free card, which I intend to milk as much as I can, haha.

Sesc, I switched off Bill Door because I was thinking he wouldn't push the Governor plan as scum, and fontisian was doing some stuff that looked scummy to me. I switched back because he did his weird push on Lucky, and fontisian walloped me over the head with her towny-ness. His reactions and subsequent posts are scummy as hell (as is his lack of involvement in the current discussion, that he stopped pushing people after I pointed out how forced it seemed, etc).

---------- Post automerged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Is this what people feel like when I try to mislynch them? Karma is a bitch. :p

Nah, I'm not too big on the whole "push someone to L-1, tell them to claim, then lynch someone else" strategy that scum like to use to hunt PRs. You're welcome to mislynch me and get my flip then, of course, but that will reflect rather poorly on you later.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Every game Sesc enters the thread with supposed outrage over something. It's cool. Also I've stated my opinions, I just don't feel like rehashing what others have said, it's bad and I would feel bad doing it. I thought Rubi's post were useless earlier, and I have my doubts about BD's supposed "slip".

This post reeks of scumminess. Basically a giant you'll regret lynching me/you're scum! post with different words :/ Also, saying I'm useless when I'm at least trying to drive discussion is... wrong I guess would be the right word. I guess my point is, I don't feel like repeating what others have said, when I have a different opinion or something to add, I will.

12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Scumbag won't claim, that's fine. Hammer away.

The reason we ask him to claim, Sesc, is because we don't want to lynch our cop/governor ever. If they claim and the mafia are forced to kill them, fine, by all means, but we don't lynch those people. Day 1 lynches are important.

But by choosing not to claim, Rubicon has effectively claimed that he's not a powerrole. So lynch away.

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Rubicon, why do I get the impression that just because you play on MS, you feel like you can get away with more stuff here than you can over there?

13. Rubicon

Yawn. There is zero chance I would claim my role on page 5 of a game thread just because you're doing that aggressive tunneling thing some people like to do d1. You're still trying to get me to say something about my role, of course, under the guise of "not wanting to lynch the cop".

Anyway, I get that you're 100% convinced I'm scum, or whatever. But imagine for a moment that I'm not. Who would you want to lynch today?

---------- Post automerged at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I have no idea. If anything, it's the other way around, since games here usually involve the same players again and again and everyone knows my meta.

14. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

The fact you're trying to accuse me of role fishing is hysterical. What's even funnier is that you're trying to suggest that my suspicion of you is just because I want to do that "aggressive tunneling thing some people like to do", and not because you're a scumbag.

LuckyLee is town, BillDoor is town. Sesc is... meh. I don't like her posting but she's not attrocious. KaiDash looks townie enough, but I've got my eye on. Fontisian still looks really fucking fishy, and I don't like her interactions with you.

And... that's everyone! All 7. If anyone, I'd probably lynch Fonti, but why bother? I have a perfectly good scumbag to lynch right here.

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Oh I also forgot,

Lynch Vote Rubicon

16. Sesc

@Luckylee: I'm still searching for that post on Rubicon, and the things where you brushed off the mistake BillDoor made were your only actual posts, yeah. How is saying "Nothing interesting ever happens Day 1, ever. I'm beyond bored." driving any discussion except the one about you?

@Rubicon: What you're saying now is not what you said then, and how does you feeling suddenly Towny about fontisian matter when voting for BillDoor anyway, but w/e. I'm kinda losing the urge to argue about it, because we're only repeating us.

@Lexicat: Uh ... wat? fontisian is the most Towny player in the game. And Luckylee is the second most scummy player right after Rubicon. Your assessment is that much off base that I don't even know what to think.

17. Sesc

... wat?

LUCKYLEE

WTF

18. Rubicon

@ Lexi:
    I too find it darkly amusing in a cosmic justice sort of way. But more to the point, your strategy so far has been:

- Lay out detailed, but inaccurate case against Rubicon
    - Completely ignore Rubicon's thoughtful, well-reasoned response explaining why your case is wrong
    - Declare Rubicon even more likely to be scum!
    - Quote Rubicon's original response because he forced you to, but don't respond to any of it, just say it proves how right you were that Rubicon is scum!
    - Gleefully notice the third vote on Rubicon and demand a claim from him! What could go wrong?
    - When Rubicon demonstrates that he is neither batshit insane nor clinically retarded and declines to claim, well, that just goes to show!

So yeah. Yawn.

Well, at least I'm not the only terrible read you have.

Tentatively calling two scum out of {Bill, Kai, Lexi}. fontisian and Lucky are town. We should lynch Bill today.

---------- Post automerged at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Well, that happened.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I threw my vote on Lexi, that changed the discussion. Also wtf what?

20. Rubicon

Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure you knew what you were doing.

Remove Lucky from the town pile and tentatively put Sesc in there instead.