1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Micro Mafia #2 - High Noon Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

How do you know they would both flip town? Also do you really think I wouldn't fucking jump at the chance to see one of stojil and fonti dead for free if I was scum?

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

“You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!”
    -- Flynn Rider, Tangled

Bill Door has challenged Vira to a duel!

Deadline is extended by 24 hours. As of post 219, all votes reset.

With 4 active votes, it takes 3 votes to conclude the duel.

Posted with permission. Prophylaxis was unavailable for comment.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

This has to be an intentional misframe: I was giving a you a potential motivation in worlds where you are scum and have that knowledge.

Given the rules text, the only way a duel can end is in the death of one of the participants so you need not have done anything and one of them still would have died.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

How do you know I'm town, Kai? And you never clarified why you were voting for me yesterDay.

Kalas: YesterDay you had Vira as your strongest town read in post 194 (or at least, you talked about her more positively than you talked about anyone else. ToDay you started off by considering scum!Bill and scum!Vira worlds.

---------- Post automerged at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

5. KaiDASH

Is that sentence not clear? wtf.

The structure of it is pretty obviously

If Bill Door is scum then he acted the way he did because of certain knowledge that he had.

It isn't a bunch of independent assertions - it is a single one intended to be taken as a whole.

As for why I voted for you - I thought Stojil was far more likely to be town than you.

re your ebwop: I seriously doubt that the duel would have ended in no deaths, even if it were possible.

6. fontisian

7. Bill Door

The way it was worded made it seem like you were giving me a potential motivation when you knew for certain the world.

8. KaiDASH

So you think his stance towards you was a natural progression? Going from

Which to me looks like changing his reads to suit the situation, rather than the kind of flow I would expect a townie to have.

9. fontisian

It was more natural than the way you're avoid my question. Why did you vote for me yesterDay?

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

^ This gamestate..

Leads to This (^) opinion on gamestate. Leads to..

This (^) statement on which opinion I believe to be correct.

How is that anything but clear?

---------- Post automerged at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

So fonti! Deliberately obtuse or throwing things at the wall till something sticks?

11. Bill Door

Why are they the only two options, Kalas? Is it impossible for me and Vira to be town?

12. KaiDASH

Your silly duel bs on blab looked like killing time and the way you attacked Stojil felt really weak - like you didn't have a case and were bandaging that with lots of words.

13. fontisian

Maybe the part where you assumed one (and only one) of Bill Door and Vira had to be scum and then came up with a scummate for your strongest town read?

So Kalas, deliberately doubtcasting or just scum?

---------- Post automerged at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Really. Then why are you attacking Bill Door now with the assumption that I'm town?

14. KaiDASH

:facepalm

Because in my catchup, I felt that Bill Door makes the most sense as scum and if he is scum then you're probably town.

15. Koalas

High Score:
    They aren't the only two options. Just the only two people seem to be seriously considering. Also:

You started a duel between yourself and Vira. As in forced the use of exactly one HALF of the scum hunting tools we have and your in a world where you can even TYPE this?

---------- Post automerged at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I assumed that the two scum in the game would not voluntarily duel each other. If you think I am wrong, tell me. I am capable of stepping out of my mindset and considering someone else's opinion. If this is a bad ability to have, tell me.

16. Bill Door

Yeah, obviously I think Vira is scum. How could you say that they were the only possibilities that people were considering when day 2 had only just started and half the players hadn't even said anything yet?

17. fontisian

Your whole reasoning is based on Bill Door acting the exact opposite of the way I expected scum to act in that situation, now that I know Stojil was town. I expected scum to insist that at least one of us had to be scum, and follow that up (see: Kalas).

It's also based on the assumption that I'm town, when a townie in your position should have been considering me as a potential scummate of Bill Door's, especially considering your previous scumread of me.

I was considering other options, obviously, as was Vira. Why weren't you?

Right. And you thought this before Bill Door had actually challenged Vira to a duel.

You're ignoring the point that both could be town. And yes, a scum dueling their scummate is a potential strategy that worries me.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Post 197, post 201, post 207, post 214, post 215 etc. etc. etc.

At the time of the post everyone but Kai had checked in.

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Well seeing as Bill said this as the second post of the day. (and has laid the groundwork as early as his third post of the game) Yes it was something I had considered.

Because I don't believe for a second there is any possibility that's the world we're in. And if you actually believed that was possible you would have pushed Bill a hell of a lot harder towards backing a Kai/Kalas Duel.

That said Vote:Bill. 218/219 should be enough right there.

19. KaiDASH

I did consider you and Bill as buddies, but disregarded that for the following reason:

Bill had the perfect opportunity to bus you AND look fantastic while doing it when Stojil challenged you to a duel, but instead of voting you, something that looks good no matter what happens in town!Stojil / scum!you worlds, he clams up and declares you town.

To me this act only makes sense if he knows you are town and doesn't want to be voting for you, since if he is your scumbuddy and he does this and then you're the one who gets killed in the duel (instead of Stojil) he looks super super bad on your flip.

20. fontisian

Kalas: The "Why weren't you?" was a serious question. Answer it.

Alright. You didn't address the first part.

The thing is, Bill Door stuck with it far too long for a scum looking for towncred. Look at this exchange, in particular:
    I feel like scum!Door would have said "Fine" and voted for one of us at that point.