1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Micro Mafia #2 - High Noon Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Alright, I had an idea (mostly because I'm worried that I'm a bit off and Bill Door's scum). Some players as scum tend to post less profically than they would normally, and I was curious if Bill Door fit into that model. Right now, Bill Door has the highest post count after me. Here's his placement in some previous games:

Scum games
    Witchhunt 3 – 9/15, lynched Day 3
    Super Highschool Level Mafia – 7/14, endgamed
    Mini Mafia 3 – 10/12, lynched Day 3

Town games
    OTR – 2/7, end gamed
    Tinyhunt 3 – 3/13, end gamed
    Mini Mafia 5 – 8/13, end gamed
    Dresden’s Dilemma – 14/14, shot Night 2
    Mini Mafia 1 – 1/13, end gamed

The first number is his placement postcount wise, and the second is the total number of players in each game. You'll notice that in his scum games he's never been above half the playerbase in post count. The problem here is that Bill Door has been more likely to live to endgame as town, and he also tends to post more in lategame. Still, I think he's more likely to be town because of his recent increase in activity.

---------- Post automerged at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Kalas: You're going to have to tell me what the question is first.

3. Koalas

High Score:
    Jesus you're flailing.

Post 290/291. As you've admitted to thinking about them I would like you to analyze them. In a post. In the thread. Try and tell me what's weird about it and give the scenarios that would lead to this weirdness. And remember!

Language tells are a thing fonti. Don't pretend that they aren't.

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

And lolllllll

Your sample pool is literally meaningless. The only endgamed scum game you have is one where we actively lurked ourselves to victory.

4. fontisian

Uh, no. I'm not your analysis monkey. I've already given my opinion on the matter. If you want a full analysis, do it yourself.

Your point?

---------- Post automerged at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

This is ridiculous. Guys, we need a flip tonight, so I reevaluate before the main lynch. Vote already.

5. Koalas

High Score:
    First off, no. You've given an opinion on Bill and Kai. That's is so far away from looking at those posts and realizing something was up that I don't even have words for it.

I softly asked you to analyze it 20 hours ago. I straight out asked you two hours ago. Now I call you out on it and you go 'lol no'. Thank you for jerking my chain for nearly a full day while you complain about participation. That very well may be the towniest thing I've seen in this thread /sarcasm

tl;dr : Bill fucked up and fonti's in full damage control. GG.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Blab's the only one who still needs to vote, though if he votes for me, we'll be tied two-two when we need three to lynch.

If we tie, someone will need to change their vote.

I also haven't forgotten. Kai, where's your scumreads? Kalas, where's your overview of the game? It doesn't have to be long, just tell me your thoughts.

7. fontisian

Asking me to look at posts, while implying that I haven't, is not the same as asking me to analyze them. Get off your high horse and explain what the fuck you're talking about in regards to those two posts.

8. Koalas

High Score:
    Oh I KNOW you looked at it. You posted literally a minute after. I was just under the impression when I said 'look' you'd pick up that I wanted more then for you to read the post. My bad. Won't happen again.

As fonti was oh so helpful in pointing out we're at mylo. Kai votes fully knowing this. Either scum trying to look decisive or so certain Bill's scum he's willing to risk the entire game. Either way in Kai!POV this would not end in a game over.

20 minutes later (so not like he didn't have time to think this through). "Right fuck it." The literal description of a hail mary. Town!Bill would have brought up that Kai almost threw the game. Might have even duelled Kai if he considered this scummy enough? Does he? No. Hail Mary because he knows he's fucked but slips up when trying to think like town.

Bill is scum. fonti is almost definitely scum. Can we please finish this game up?

9. fontisian

:facepalm

We're at mylo, not lylo. Two town votes on a townie dooms us, not one. Kai's vote was a bit reckless, but not game endingly stupid.

10. Koalas

High Score:
    So Bill insta duelling makes even less sense from a Town perspective.

11. fontisian

Why?
    /ten char

12. blab

blab Second Year

@Vira: actually Kai hasn't voted post duel

Vote Vira

13. Koalas

High Score:
    Because Kai had literally just posted a case against him, one he made no attempt to address? That I've been saying he's scummy since Day 1? That language tells are a thing? That declaring the duel the way he did has basically stalled us for 24 hours?

Lets reverse this question: explain how the way Bill went about this makes sense from a Town perspective. (This is me asking you to make a post explaining why a Town!Bill would behave in the way he did.)

14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Whoops, you're right. I got confused.

Since we're not at majority yet, explain why you're voting for me.

15. blab

blab Second Year

I have several unanswered questions/problems to both Kai and Kalas (mostly Kai) concerning Bill!scum worlds. My vote ensures that they have to convince me. I don't want to end up having to hammer Bill and have my questions ignored.

Kai says: scum!bill => town!font
    Kai votes Bill, Kalas votes Bill, Bill duels Vira
    Let's say Bill is scum. Who do you think his partner can be?

16. Koalas

High Score:
    I did what now?

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

A duel has been initiated! Bill Door has challenged Vira to battle. Votes have been reset as of post #219.

“I’ve seen excitement, and I’ve seen boredom. And boredom was best.”
    -- Terry Pratchett, The Color of Magic

Vote Count
    (3 to concede the duel)

Vira (2): fontisian, blab
    Bill Door (1): Kalas

Abstaining (1): KaiDASH

The Day ends at this time.

A general reminder to please post more.
    -Proph

18. fontisian

Oh right, he only addressed in five minutes later. How incredibly scummy.

Sure, if you can point out the specific language tell, which you haven't for two Days.

No, we stalled ourselves for 24 hours by not being fucked to post. Bill Door's actions stalled lynches against everyone other than himself and Vira until the end of the duel, but the subsequent lack of activity was all on us.

In a world where he thought Vira was likely scum, and wanted to lynch her. In what world does it make sense for a scum to declare a duel when they're already under a lot of pressure?

19. Koalas

High Score:
    He didn't though. He gave the worst 'ImNotScum' reasoning that exists then tried to flip it around on Kai. Then you and him spent the next twenty posts double teaming Kai (and myself to a lesser extent).

Right fuck it. It doesn't suit the town mindset and its not something Town!Bill would say in this situation. Its not something Town!Anyone would say in that situation.

All on us and on all the useless filler posts that followed.

To shift that pressure onto a more lynchable target? For example a player that, when feeling she has played towny and there's still a lot of suspicion on her, has more then once lost the will to defend herself and stops posting?

20. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

How about this, say I just accused you of being scum, what would you say is the best way to prove your towniness?

---------- Post automerged at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Also we reallly need to start thinking about the regular lynch now. At the moment Kai would be my preferred target because his lack of a vote or any sort of activity is starting to look really bad.