1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mid Season Mage Update

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Xepheria, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Hshan39

Hshan39 Squib

High Score:
    Malzahar's new passive seems pretty crazy. As an immobile Mage, the CC immunity will help in surviving ganks.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Malz is already obnoxious enough to lane against, I don't know what's possessed them to make him even more annoying.

3. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Eagerly awaiting the changes to Brand and Vel'Koz. Two champions I love to watch and keep saying I'll get around to playing.

Vel'Koz really isn't changing much but the potential for choke points is unreal. Same with Brand even if it's a rather massive overhaul to his Passive - his scaling's taken a hit across the board but I'd argue it'll be worth if you can time any form of CC chain alongside your own stun.

All in all I haven't looked at most of the changes since they were announced, but now the current PBE cycle's wrapping up so we can't be far off release. - just gonna hold off for the official notes.

4. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    My early impressions of the patch are a mixed bag. On one hand, the Riot have done a generally good job with the mages that they've updated, barring Anivia and Viktor, who both feel like utter shit. On the other however, you have changes like announcing the jungle timers to the enemy, and the twenty minute rift herald buff, which seem ill conceived and thoughtless. Information is a resource, and shouldn't be given away for free.

Also, the QSS changes - I understand why they made them, but, as an AD carry main, understanding doesn't help me when REQ from zed pops me from full health without any counterplay. Hell, even RQAA will oneshot a squishy when he has one and a half items under his belt.

5. Mathemagician

Mathemagician First Year

in the past I sometimes used support Veigar for fun, but with his new passive he just got so much better. 2 enemy champions and you don't have to last hit? Sign me up.

6. dinsteho2

dinsteho2 First Year

Completely agree on the timers part, it doesnt make sense to me that you would just give the information like that to the enemy, they are definitely taking the jungle timer thing a bit too far.