1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mimefia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 20, 2016.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb could be scum.

town: mild omgus
    scum: he's onto me
    actual: newcomb could be scum

TIA

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Zenzao I'll definitely take into account pther people who know fonti better. Hence why i haven't voted.

I'm okay with voting you as well. I think.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

For me, yes.

I think it's relevant re: the Snowvon and fontisian reads especially.

Hi Snowvon, Newcomb thinks you're obvious town.

What are your reads?

---------- Post automerged at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Atum's probably town.

---------- Post automerged at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Just noticed most of my townreads aren't voting.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

The amount of pushback I'm getting on my Snowvon read in particular is throwing me.
    Citrus sanity check?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I actually haven't been paying enough attention to get actual reads (except for Zenzao, he's so town), since I thought it would be a silly game.

I'll reread and get back to you toMorrow.

Unvote
    Vote Zenzao

---------- Post automerged at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

(This is when I convince my partner to shoot Rubicon to get me out of having to do work.)

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Thank you. Lynching me is a bad idea on multiple levels. Let mafia get pressured to shoot me.

Vote: Riley

Yes, I'm serious.

7. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On mobile at the moment.

It's probably just the experience gap since most of you have kept playing over the past year whereas I haven't even tuned in via obs to a game but once since finishing Narutomafia, but some feel different while others feel much the same as I remember them. I could bone up(lul skull joke!) on some recent games to try and update my meta reads but eh, for now I'm just going to lay out some brief thoughts should the lynch go through on me and I can't actively participate after this.

Reads;
    Tom
    Rubicon
    New|Jan|Miner|FishyJ
    Riley|Atum|Citrus|Snow
    Fonti

At the moment I've got nothing on HF who I believe is also playing this game but is awol/afk lately.

8. fontisian

Holy shit. That better be from scum to town.

9. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I think this might be the first time Fonti has ever called me town. Like ever.

I'm suspicious.

10. fontisian

Vote Riley with more force

11. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

But I don't want him to leaveeeee.

{Riley|Atum|Citrus|Snow} -> I am pleased by this grouping. Zenzao, you get to live tonight. Congratulations.

Vote: Snowvon
    Respect mah votes, 'er die.

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Why would it be? I've finally gotten some good sleep for the first time in three mornings and after re-reading the thread my head feels like its on the right track with this.

Tom - I said that tom could be vanilla yesterday albeit unlikely, and I'm not happy about it but I am coming around to that POV. He's dancing around but it isn't feeling as much like subversion as cherrypicking his arguments, which I remember trying to do when I was getting back into mafia a couple years ago, and since most D1 lynches don't provide any context until after the lynch has gone through I feel we can afford to wait until after I'm lynched to check back over his behavior more deeply.

Rubicon - And ties partly into Fonti trying to clear him, but also somewhat with what New was saying as well as also my own admittedly outdated experience with Rubicon between CYS and the Sloth/TerRaine game that followed. While Rubicon has exhibited some shady as shit behavior he's not been so upfront about it in the past, trying to fly under the radar, and I don't get the same gut feeling that he's a Mime now as earlier on. He's raised a few good points(including prodding New) amidst the shit and I'm not making as much of a connection from New's analysis on Rubicon/Fonti opening posts now.

New|Jan|Miner|FishyJ - My first thought is that New isn't entirely himself either, he's feeling a bit more gruff around the edges than what I'm used to, and that's been throwing me. Coupled with this game being essentially powerless and slow compared to our last games played respectively and I'm looking at his posts a little differently now - we're both somewhat off kilter. A town lean.

Now - compare Jan who IMO still feels the same as the last time we played together. He could do some more hunting but again D1 especially in such a tight schedule can only give so much prior to the lynch to work with, and he's explained his read on me well enough that I trust he's more likely to be town than Mime, though New's verbal thrust on their interactions is worth consideration Tomorrow.

Miner - on one hand is fairly new but holding to a middleground. He's argued for some bad ideas and not really justified them as well as I'd like. But Rubicon is town-reading him on the other hand. Null-town lean.

FishyJ - to be honest his posts have felt a little too much like hopping in at an opportune moment and running with the gaining opinion. Null-scum.

Riley|Atum|Citrus|Snow - By now after nine posts Riley isn't saying much in any of them aside from advocating for taking more time to consider vote placement. Normally that would be fine but too much time and we tie up and that leads to a Mime auto-lynch.

Atum - Entering the game at last, he hasn't said a whole lot either and if he doesn't up his post count shortly he won't be able to vote, which would be a convenient excuse for avoiding votal analysis in coming Days. Then there's what he just said - "you get to live tonight". Mhm, gotta NK someone eh?

Citrus - I was initially on the fence and New had swayed me this morning, but now I can't shake the suspicion that he's flaunting his scumminess just to get away with it as long as possible(he's never addressed anyone directly, IE he's silent and miming his responses via quotes). Could he actually be a Mime and take such a bold idea forward? If what New has said of his behavior is accurate, yeah, possibly, to shake up his previously established meta.

Now - we come around to the Mimes - Snow and Fonti. It's more a matter of several factors, but the gist is that if Fonti is scum(which I heavily believe) and managed to draw with Snow this round, his behavior can be explained. He's not quite fitting into the meta for either side because he's caught in a game where lynching is the objective but one of the best threats to outing him in other circumstances is also his partner.

Going back to what New said in quoting him him about having nothing to say, it's a fair point; D1 doesn't have much going on in what is essentially a powerless vanilla game, and he's already sitting on his bus vote on Fonti most likely at her suggestion. But suddenly as the Day gets closer to closing he jumps wagon to me so he can deflect some suspicion when Fonti does eventually work her way into being lynched.

Thus - this leads to Fonti herself, she's been WAF all Day, confusing pretty straight forward terms from the OP in her first few posts. Really I've said most of my piece on this front but it still bears repeating. Usually Fonti is more confident in her play instead of sweating over a soft-wagon(remember that we need 10 votes for hard lynch) and why would she? The answer is that she's a Mime and can't afford to be outed so easily because Snowvon was the first vote on her and that puts them at risk of losing the game if she flips now instead of a couple of kills down the road. He had to swap votes off of her to relieve some of that heat, because to do otherwise would endanger his odds of being lynched later. For a while I was almost convinced that New had read her right but it just doesn't match up. Unless she dies at Night and I turn out wrong, which would unravel Snow being her partner and probably a Mime, but should still be worth scrutinizing Citrus/Atum/Riley over. Likely not going to happen however.

13. fontisian

I am now fully opposed to lynching Zenzao. While his paranoia is on his town level, his reads show a consistent lack of attention and understanding of the game. He isn't trying, despite the number of words posted.
    1. Tom
    Cherrypicking arguments is subversion. It is not town, and you did not do it as town. Nor does the rest of this make sense for your strongest townread, which should be someone you want to be lynched today or the day after you.

Rubicon:
    No. When you thinks a player like myself is scum, you don't use our reads to determine his own. If you believed I was scum, you would be more suspicious of Rubicon for my defense of him.

3.Newcomb
    This is a scumread that was twisted into a townread with the last sentence.

The miner read isn't an independent point, but rather an example about how you would normally take a townread's reads into account, as opposed to a scumread.

4.Riley
    Yes, Riley's lack of content is an attempt to get us to no lynch on Day1 when there's a plurality lynch. This is something he would do. Please.

5.Atum
    Hey.

Hey Zen.

Have you read the op, Zen? I don't think you have, Zen.

Five posts are needed to be voted on, not to vote.

6.Citrus
    Please. You've played with Citrus before. You know he enjoys being an obscure bitch as town. And no, Citrus is town, because of his obvious pain over not communicating his Fishy Justice scumread well.

7. Von
    Yes, I planned to have Von bus me while I called him a mime for voting me and dropped actual logic for everyone to vote elsewhere. This is a logical statement.

You seem to not be paying attention to timing, either. Von jumped to you to ensure your lynch over mine. I am not getting lynched today, nor do I intend to ever getting lynched. I will be the one casting the votes.

8. Me
    Numbered for your convience.
    1. As previously explained, I didn't read the op. I read the signup discussion initially, and assumed we would be playing a game without night kills where we would simply lynch every day until we got to five left. With this in mind, I hoped to control the lynch to the best of my ability every day and avoid being lynched myself, in order to ensure the win.
    2. You again are missing a section of the opening post while referencing another section. Perhaps you should read it instead relying on your partner in mime chat. It is a plurality vote. If four people were to vote me for the lulz, it could easily be a lynch at eod. The hard lynch is irrelevant, unless you're a mime fantasizing about hammering yourself.
    3. No. This isn't paranoia this is bullshit.

Never lynch: Zenzao
    Likely partners: Newcomb, Tom

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

"Et tu Brute?"

― Julius Caesar

15. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Never change, Citrus.

16. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day ends in approximately a few hours. There's links in Delphine's vote count posts. All hail Delphine.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Unvote

Fine with letting him live for the day if it that important to you.
    I get your argument but that means I have to actually look at his scumgames now.

Just got home from a walk, should be around for some of the future and will be around at EoD.

---------- Post automerged at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

Just check EoD is 4 am my time .. might not be around, depends on how much fun/busywork i have to do inbetween.

18. fontisian

<3

Thanks, babe.

Can we lynch Riley? Look at his reaction to me townreading him.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I saw it.

I am not opposed to it in general. I just don't know him well.

Will look through the thread first. I think Newcombs case on citrus read well regardless of Newcombs alignment itself.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year