1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft Mods

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Paradise, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

In the similar vein of the old Skyrim Mod Thread, I figured I would share some of my favorite mods here, and show off some of the best ones, and how to install them.

For this first post I decided to show off OTG or Open Terrain Generator; basically it overhauls terrarin generation in minecraft, new procedural structures can be programmed in, but also just a general rework of how the engine generates a world, here are some clips of various cool shit I found in like under an hour of playing.

and here are some screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It generally seems like despite the few thousand blocks I've journeyed this is a mostly island map with a lot of jungle. So the biomes are a lot bigger, like a lot. It was very much mostly ocean with these huge islands dotted between with this massive lush forests, with mangroves groves and giant trees. It was crazy.

I will be reccing more mods for this thread, but this is one of my all time favorites.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

My favorite mod is Tinker's Construct, though I guess we're nearing 2020 and it's been around forever at this point. After that is probably something like Applied Energistics, which is a mod that adds a bunch of machinery and engineering stuff. Nothing too obscure.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Thaumcraft will always hold a special place in my heart.