1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So, I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there was a bit of downtime today. My host went down for maint... Its back up now.

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

So, last night I'm mining along, minding my own business, when I come upon a nice little tunnel system. I need iron, so I quickly start to explore, feeding my little manic need for more minerals, when I see something shining in the distance.

I slowly approach the red light, slap a torch down, and promptly shit my pants.

Even without the monsters working, this game has scared me more than Dead Space ever did.

http://imgur.com/PQPbq.jpg

3. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

oh crap, oh crap, oh crap! Better get some blocks and close that off. Damn spiders :X

4. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I found one of those in my singleplayer file today. It's pretty close to my base. Fuck yeah. I'm going to do something like this to it. (Alternate link.)

Edit: Have a few more screenshots.

Fuck my life...>.<
    [​IMG]

Diamonds! (Only two though. :< And yes, I dug around where the diamonds were...no such luck.)
    [​IMG]
    One thing you don't see here, is the giant pool of lava down a couple blocks from where I'm standing. Fuck. At this point I got smart and had a bucket of water, however, so now I've got obsidian that I can't mine because I'm short one diamond for a nifty pick.

Apparently my cave system is so far reaching, I've almost hit bedrock (from sea level). Sweet. I've been lost more than a few times in my cave...this last time I had to dig straight up so I can maybe find my base. Lucky for me it was in sight (down the mountain I had ended up "erupting" from).

I spend too much time playing this game. >.<

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  5. Nefar

Nefar Seventh Year

Minecraft name: EkardNT

Cheap labor, will work for beans

6. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Spider spawner trap work delayed by literally falling into a cave system with another fall down to fuckin' diamonds. Almost dead (because I broke Rule #1 in Minecraft: Never. Fucking. Mine. Straight. Down.), I shall go lick my wounds and ponder the spider spawner's fate.

Also, fuckin' diamonds bro! They last (almost) forever!

7. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I always mine straight down >_>.

8. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I usually end up doing so as well, but you're not supposed to (especially that deep). What happens if you fall: a) into lava, b) from an insta-kill height (I think this is somewhere around 10-12 blocks...I've never tested it), or c) through a hole in the admin layer? Bye bye inventory. (Well, maybe not the great height one, but you better hope you have enough sand/gravel and torches stashed to get down there and find it all.)

One thing I love about this game is the distinct possibility of random death at all times. Especially if you get spider-humped...Holy shit. At least it's a quick death...

9. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Could I be added please? Name: Vesvius

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Whitelist is down due to aids, just join and play. :3

11. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

12. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Behold-My extremely inept attempt to create Burning Man!

[​IMG]

13. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

A thumbs up was simply not enough to describe the absolute FUCKING AWESOMENESS that is you making your own little mini-Burning Man. It is actually cute somehow o_O

14. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Thank you, though I burned it down shortly after. Going to work on making a moar bigger version.

Anyway, I also just learned of a bug. Don't know if it's new or not. If you drop a tool & pick it up again, then it regains it's health. I can use my diamond pick as much as I want =D.

15. Jon

Could of sworn I told you about that.. must have been someone else.

16. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Anyone know an easy way to farm wood? After someone blew up half my pirate ship, I decided to build a gigantic model of a British ship of the line. The problem-It takes a shit ton of wood and I think I've farmed everything within a 3 km distance surrounding my base.

17. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

Make sure to re-plant any trees you cut down. They take an in-game week or so to re-grow but at least you'll have more wood close by.

18. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Thanks, I've got a rough skeleton of it setup now.

All the cannons will be functional once I work up a reddust solution to it. I want to make it so that I can run across a series of platforms on a reddust system, setting off each cannon/series of cannons as I go. I'll work something out soon enough :).

Btw-is there anyway to get water besides through ice? It seems there's a glitch that my buckets of water can't fill my cannons :(.

19. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

name: Azotez

Singleplayer is getting kind of borring. No fun building large things when there's no one around to see them :)

20. Jon

Yeah, you did when you dicked up on placing the tnt in the cannons. :p