1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That looks amazing! Errmahgerd. You could have told me that was built by bdubs and I wouldn't have blinked. That's a hell of a roof.

My biggest takeaway from the builder youtubers is that the best way to push a build to the next level is to make up a story for it, and you'll naturally start to add details that really make it special.

2. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

That's looking pretty awesome. My own work has slowed a lot the last couple of months due to other things going on, but small amounts of progress are being made.

[​IMG]

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Towers in the background are looking awesomely evil.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Looking at the latest snapshots the next update is going to be insane. Those caves are a sight to behold.

5. ScottPress

High Score:
    The extra 64 blocks below ground are actually gonna fuck up one of my projects, heh. Gonna have to change it up.

edit: now that I think about it, it's gonna fuck up one project and majorly alter another

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  6. Andrela

That's why they currently disabled converting worlds from past versions. However, I think they're currently working on a solution to that.

7. ScottPress

High Score:
    Wait what. So my 1.16 world won't get 1.17 features? da fuq

8. Andrela

Not with the current snapshot. The full release yes. The bedrock is moved to -64 in the new version. I believe they have to somewhow alter existing worlds in later snapshots.

9. ScottPress

High Score:
    Ah, you're talking about Java. I'm on Bedrock.

10. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

More work is being done on the keep area, and I'm experimenting with some more out-there colours. I think I hate crimson planks though. They don't go with anything.

[​IMG]

The good news it that it'll probably only take another couple of shulkers full of blackstone to get the walls done. I'm kinda looking forward to the update, when it does arrive (if my world will be updatable). Grimstone looks like it could provide a nice middle-shade between stone and blackstone that can also be stairs/slabs/etc.

11. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

My current mission is to breed a perfect pair of horses, Donkeys, Mules and a herd of Llamas. Fucking RNG....

12. ScottPress

High Score:
    @Steelbadger

The castle looks fantastic, mate. I have yet to build a large-scale castle in Minecraft that I don't hate. Very jelly. It looks very well on the elevated terrain. If you hate the crimson planks, maybe try out dark oak with spruce highlights to bring a splash of brighter colors into the build? You could also mix in some basalt into the base of your walls for a smoother transition between stone and blackstone.

13. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

I've replaced the roof with a pattern of mixed red nether brick (note to self, do not use red nether brick for major builds if I value my sanity), ordinary nether brick, sandstone, and red sandstone. It looks much better. I've also built up some basalt around the base of the castle rock, and it blends much better now too.

In other news, TOMMD: Spent a little over an hour gathering what I hope is the last of the blackstone I'm going to need. As much of what is still to be done requires polished blackstone blocks (rather than bricks), I spent a substantial amount of time contending with an endless supply of ghasts and magma cubes. Then, once I was all full, I leapt off a ~60-70 block high cliff without my Elytra on because I'm a fucking moron.

I then landed on the edge of a basalt column survived, just, and then dropped another couple of blocks straight into lava. Because of course I did. My decision to put feather fall and protection on all the things did rather come through for me though.

I managed to chug my emergency fire resistance potion in time to survive with a couple of hearts remaining, and all was well. I then took a couple of minutes to calm down and put on some new underwear, then flew home (this time remembering to put my Elytra on).

14. ScottPress

High Score:
    @Steelbadger

This is why I finally set up a netherwart farm.

15. ScottPress

High Score:
    Decided to take a break from my main world and sign up for the Win10 beta, which now has the new mountain generation. And also mountain goats. Snapped a few pics in a brand new world.

Notice the y coordinate
    [​IMG]

Found goats!
    [​IMG]

Decided to stake my claim to this snowy valley between mountain peaks. Never seen snow cover like this before in Minecraft. Btw I almost died twice in powder snow climbing those mountains. In the end I crafted a pair of leather boots. Those are pretty much required equipment in the mountains now.
    [​IMG]

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    Back again in my singleplayer world. Same world for 2,5 years, off and on. I flew several thousand blocks in a previously unexplored direction to set up camp in yet-unloaded chunks so I could get my hands on the new blocks. For now, I'm building a home-away-from-home so I have a place to store all the blocks I want to mine. Found my first ever mushroom biome in this world. I gotta say, building through the night without creepers, zombies and skeletons bothering me is very nice.

I had a rough idea in mind for the house, but I'm mostly making it up as I go. I think it's not looking half-bad so far.

[​IMG]

17. ScottPress

High Score:
    Finished the house, planted some greenery on one side to see what it would look like in the mushroom biome terrain. Got some mining done, got lots of tuff and deepslate, but curiously, haven't found any naturally-generated caves. Do they not generate in the mushroom biome? No amythest geodes so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. ScottPress

High Score:
    Went looking for amethyst geodes again. No luck. After caving for a while I broke through into a frozen ocean and apparently glow squid spawn a lot in frozen oceans because I spent like 2 hours just hunting glow squid with a podcast in background.

And then I just randomly stumbled upon a geode that generated sticking out of the ocean floor. Took a while mining that out (had to brew some night vision and water breathing).

Went back to hunting glow squid and found another geode sticking out of the ocean floor.

Think I've got a good bit of the new blocks. Time to fire up a nether portal and find my way back to home base by way of newly generated Nether chunks. Hoping to find a piglin bastion on the way, that would be an epic last chapter of this expedition.

19. ScottPress

High Score:
    I'm building a theater because I thought it would look cool. No other reason, but that's half the reason people build anything in Minecraft that isn't a farm. It's not finished yet, I still need to build the backstage and the staircase for the entrance and access to the gallery seats, but the main interior is all finished.

View from the back row seats:

[​IMG]

View from the stage:

[​IMG]

20. ScottPress

High Score:
    New build! Tower peak tops out at about y:195 (didn't bother to check exactly) Terrace floor at y:170. Tower's not entirely finished, I need to fix one block gradient transition, add some detail (maybe some balconies, a wraparound staircase), something at the top of the spire (I'm thinking of a gigantic flag) and the interior is empty, but the bulk of construction is done.

Base of the tower is underwater, I started with very dark blocks, then went lighter. Blackstone, basalt, tuff, deepslate, cobblestone, andesite and stone. The upper segment start with bricks and terracotta, transitioning into red terracotta.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]