1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #1 - The Battle of Hogwarts

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 16, 2012.

1. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I'm going to wait a bit to see who I throw a lynch on. I want to see everyone post a bit before I make a lynch.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hi. This is my first game of mafia on the site.

Role-revealing should be on a situation by situation basis. However, I'd say as a general rule, if someone has mechanical proof of the guilt of at least two roles, they should probably come forward. I think that we should consider whether a powerful town player should roleclaim or just reveal their information without a hard roleclaim, in case there is a souping ability.

I find Angelrick's assumption that there are many vanilla roles to be suspicious, though it may just have been a town derp.

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Do you mean it's your first game here as in it's your first mafia game ever, or as in you've played elsewhere but just not here?

4. fontisian

I've never played mafia with a forum online before, though I have been observing games for a couple months.

5. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

How is it suspicious? Now, I'm going to turn the ball around on you and ask why you think it's suspicious. I don't think you're scum, I just want you to say something more besides regurgitating what's been previously said.

I don't think it's necessarily incorrect to assume that there are a bunch of vanilla. Or I think that most people have "power" roles and am introducing WINE to confuse the scum's night kill.

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Looks like this should be a fun game. I agree that claiming roles is not going to help town, I don't really think there is a soup kill, but just in the way that no one knows any of the roles so as previously stated, scum can make up anything.

One thing I want to point out is that if someone claims a role that is normally town and can prove that they are town, I don't think anyone should assume that they are town. This is just something I remember from the closed set up mafia game I played before where I was The Dancer, but on the mafia team. So just pointing that out, that some roles could go both ways.

7. fontisian

It's not necessarily incorrect, but it's not necessarily correct either, so I thought that it was weird that you seemed sure of vanilla roles. It's all well and good to try to confuse scum but you shouldn't aim to confuse town in the process.

8. LochNess

Yeah, there's a possibility that because the scum have the advantage of knowing something, while we know nothing, that there are no vanilla roles. Once again thinking of the closed setup game. I'll stop with my referring to that. But I guess it would be bad to assume we have all of these power roles when we very well might not. I'm guessing though that if there are vanilla town that there will also be vanilla mafia.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eid knows how to run a mafia game, so the factions should be balanced. Lots of power roles for town would mean a lot of abilities for scum while the same would hold true if there are a multiple vanilla roles.

As for the number of scum and their abilities.. I just hope its the opposite of everything Awesomefia was >.>

10. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Eidolonic told me that this game would be more balanced in that, the game would be different than the last game I played at GOD. That game had zero vanilla. Thus I assumed there would be vanilla in this game. So I misinterpreted.

Mild derp on my part.

I'm trusting that town will be able to see through the WINE. Eh, I can't selectively choose who's confused by my posts so while I am aiming to confuse scum, I might confuse town too. You should know that.

11. LochNess

Probably a silly question, what is WINE an acronym for?

12. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9f3GSA9yfc

This is WINE.

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

WIFOM = WINE

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

WIFOM = WINE

13. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Well... this thread died.

Kalas: What do you think about AngelRick?

fontisian: I don't know you, let's change that. Give me your opinion on two players.

If you want a more detailed explanation take a look at this.

14. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

I'm back and because they have not yet posted:

Riley Poole, Rubicon: atm and if you could, who would you kill and who would you protect/trap/inspect/whatev'?

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

:confused:

What's that? Mislynches?

I don't really agree with the logic behind this, unless I'm misinterpreting it. Can you explain it better?

Hmmm... I'm not a fan of this question, especially with so many new mafia players in the game. But you being one of them yourself probably excuses it.

Lynch: Jeopardizer

For now. Can you tell me what is wrong with that question, Jeopardizer?

16. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'd lynch Sacrifice for reasons previously stated by BillDoor. I'd suspect Billdoor since he's playing pretty strongly right now and I'd want to be sure in which side he's for. I'd trap Stojil since he's almost always targeted for NK and I don't know who I'd protect yet seeing as it's a little too early for that.

As for the question itself, I'm of the same mind as Stojil. However, I'm willing to give you a chance since I've never played with your or observed any games with you.

Lynch Sacrifice

17. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

I guess it comes from potential role-slip. In fairness, it would be all hypothetical, and by grouping everything together I think it doesn't really say anything. (besides massive derp)

That and it's perhaps a bit too early in the game. There is not much to go on really and it could create a bias.

In retrospect, yeah, it's not really a good question

18. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Lynch Vote: Jeopardizer

because you know, I can't see town asking something like "hey people, who do you want to kill?" when it's so early on in the game.

19. fontisian

Alright, here are some of my thoughts so far.

Jeopardizer: Asks a lot of questions, doesn't really answer any. He new, was the first to suggest that there are 3/4 scum and is trying to pressure lurkers. If there is a third faction, I think that he might be part of it. Otherwise, he's kind of a null read this early on.

Stojil: Typically a strong player. It'd be nice if he were town.

Lochness: She's made a couple good points, so I'm kind of liking her.

Kalas: One content-free post. I'd like him to talk a bit more.

Mishie: Only posted once, but gave a nice reason against mass-claiming.

Rubicon: Needs to post

Thanks for the WINE explanation.

20. LochNess

Trying to do quotes but I'm new to it, Stojil, what he is saying is something that I think makes sense too. Without knowing the role list, a mass claim isn't good because all that happens is people come forward with their roles, (doctor etc. but with HP character names) so scum now know what power players to target, scum make up their own roles (Oh, I'm Dumbledore or whomever, and my abilities are A) or B). Town still has no idea who is making up claims, but at this point scum can know who is important to target.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Also, just started rereading the thread. I hate Sacrifice's first post. When people post saying, what do you guys think we should do. It's just so annoying and scummy seeming. I've seen it before and I hate it, "who should we vote for" or something similar as an example. Just looks like scum trying to blend in and go with the flow. A town person who wants to win shouldn't just sit there and ask other people what to do because there are scum who can influence them. Make up your own minds people!

I mean it was also just a first post, and I can't say that Sacrifice is scum because of it, but it just puts him on my radar.