1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

It seemed to me that mafia was pretty famous on board, and it looked quite intense. I wanted to be a part of it, and thus, the excitement.

Till now, I have watched every post in this game and I haven't found any thing entirely suspicious except one. Whoove's post was a bit sticky for me. His first post was way too frank and direct, and when Ash showed her suspicion, it was Stojil who defended him. In his next posts, Whooves didn't try to justify himself. Even if it is his first game, he would have more sense than to post so bluntly, until and unless, it was planned such way. I think that he was trying to make us believe that it was a rookie's mistake. And his ignorance to this, makes him even more scummy for me.

Till he justifies himself:

Lynch:Doctor Whooves

---------- Post automerged at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

*Lynch : Doctor Whooves

/fuck smilies

2. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Well, at least there's some discussion starting.

@Dovaekiin: I 'defended' Vesvius because lynching someone for their avatar is, frankly, a bit of a dick move. And yes, Mistborn is a good book.

@Rapscallion: I didn't try to justify myself because I didn't think there was anything I needed to justify myself for. Checking back on some old games, I can see that role playing is akin to pissing on the carpet. Sorry if I annoyed anyone.

As for who I feel should be lynched... Sesc, for a player with some experience, has so far made two posts, both of which have the no substance whatsoever. I don't know, that's just my opinion.

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Yes. Like basically everyone. Why would you single me out? Because I didn't think further discussing avatars and what was clearly a joke-cause to lynch vote was "substance" and warranted a comment?

Totally out of the blue, dude. Quite frankly, it looks a little like an attempt to deflect attention, except Rapscallion's case was kinda silly so that wasn't really needed.

In any case, I'm trying to get a handle on those I haven't played with before, but apart from the new-player vibe, they are all mostly blank, which makes me uncomfortable. The one person I'd move towards slightly Towny places by now is Stojil, since he really seems to be trying to get the discussion going; but that could be deliberate just as well. Bleh.

4. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

You're flailing a bit there Whooves. There's a bunch of players with experience. I don't know what your experience is, but day one is mostly just poking people with threats of lynches to see if they give out any tells. Care to elaborate on Sesc?

Hmmm... Kens, have you thought of anyone to lynch?

There could be 3 factions. I could see the Joker as kind of a serial killer role. But that's going dangerously into the RP. All that matters are is that there are scum that want to kill us; thinking too much into the mechanics will throw us off c.f. Remus and Tonks double kill previous game.

5. Doctor Whooves

Yeah, it was more of a deflection than anything with bite. You just stuck out for me, which is probably more of a reflection of how the game looks at the moment rather than any fault of yours.

In all honesty, I'm just flailing in the dark here. What we need is some more back-and-forth, some information, any kind of input at all really.

So, just to get the ball rolling: this is, as you may have guessed, my first mafia. Since I've never played before, and only skimmed some past games, I haven't got much of a meta-viewpoint of any players. So, who's our best scum hunter? Who plays power roles the best? Who can't play for shit, but still manages to win every game?

Come on people, liven up!

---------- Post automerged at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

And yeah, reading that back, it seems a bit like I'm just trying to distance myself from my last couple of posts. Whilst I am, my point still stands. Post! If think I'm the scummiest bastard since Stalin, post about it! If you decide that [INSERT NAME HERE] is so town he would lynch his own mother, post about it!

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Justifies himself... for what, exactly? Can you tell me what was wrong with his first post? Or is it simply the roleplaying bit (in which case, your post and adjectives about it would leave me baffled)?

I kinda agree with Sesc here, though. This:

looks a lot like someone trying to divert the attention from himself way too early to be a reasonable reaction, which doesn't exclude towniness but it does lean more towards the scummy spectrum of things. Especially the way the bolded part was worded, since it sounds like he's answering a question... that doesn't exist.

Thing is... the threat of lynches works much better when there are actually lynch-votes on the table. So post and then vote, people. It's pressure and it's info and that's something we never have enough of.

Rescind my super-serious Vote

Lynch: Doctor Whooves

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Whoops, I had a fancy shmancy post half-written, then went out for a run and exited the window when I got back, deleting it.

Right now, the top two people who I find suspicious are Doctor Whooves and fontisian.

Dr. Whooves is doing a poor job of defending himself, but I am giving him a pass this first round because it's his first game. I remember my first mafia game, where I angsted over the wording of every post afraid that I would cast suspicion on myself.

As for fontisian, his response to whether or not this is his first game struck me as odd. His response of

struck me a complete non-answer, as it doesn't preclude mafia games not played on this site. It's almost as if he's trying to be sneaky about it, which strikes me as suspicious.

For now:

Lynch Vote: fontisian

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Sorry about that. I was typing that just before I had to run out the door, so I just wrote the first thing that popped into my head. I haven't played on the internet before the previous mafia game and I'm used to playing games in person, if that answers the question better.

On Whooves: I don't like to lynch new players on the first day, so I would prefer not to lynch him unless he continues to act scummy. I was actually getting a weird vibe from Sesc earlier when he asked us to talk more but didn't really do anything to further discussion, so I can understand Whooves' deflection, even if it came out of left field. At least Whooves has been talking, unlike other people.

9. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Ollie because he sucks, and if he IS town, he could be very bad for town.

10. Doctor Whooves

Ok, Uncle Stojil; reading your post through I find myself somewhat confused. To start with, you defend me - which is great, don't get me wrong - and then, a line later, you suddenly start bashing on me for 'diverting attention'.

Let me put this out there. I was diverting attention. I'm doing it now. Hoping to advance the game in the process - but still diverting attention. Why? Well, because I don't want to get lynched. There is no "way too early to be a reasonable reaction", nor over-defensiveness; I don't want to be lynched.

And as for
    Mate, I don't mean to be rude... but we're playing mafia. There is only one question: Who do we lynch? It wasn't in response to anything per se, just me trying (and failing) to gather some of my thoughts.

So, then, you decided that you wanted to lynch me. And really, that's great; go for it! Its not like we've got any other leads, and if it creates discussion then I'm all for some scare-lynches. But please, think about it before bandwagoning - there's plenty of day left!

11. Rapscallion

It's not Whoove's first post only. Even after Ash showed some suspicion and Stojil defended him; he went about lynching being popular and all that. Again after that, Kensington deems that his(Whoove's) first post was a bit suspicious. I thought this should have garnered some response from him but it didn't. Basically it felt to me that he was ignoring this issue(role playing one) against him.

'Justifying' probably was a bad choice of word from me. I just wanted a response from him on his first post. It's my first game too, and probably I made a big issue of it.

But, there wasn't much information to look at(at that time), and just to gain some direct response, I marked him. And after this direct query, he looked really desperate to divert the attention from himself.

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I "defended" your first post. The "bashing" was about your diversive maneuver in your fourth one or something. What's confusing you?

There was one (poorly elaborated) vote on you. Deflecting was definitely overreacting, there.

13. Rapscallion

Looks like I took a bit too much time typing my last post and new interesting post were posted.

No one wants to be lynched. But that attitude is not good for Town, in my opinion(maybe I am wrong and my understanding of game is not proper). You could have used that attack against yourself to possibly gleam out more information from others, even if it meant you being lynched. It could have helped the Town in long term.

14. Doctor Whooves

How is me not wanting to be lynched not bloody good for town?

And, who's to say I haven't 'gleam'-ed some information?

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lynch: Doctor Whooves

You're the best choice other than me, and I'm only a decent choice because Ash is sorta right.. I'm always bad for town D8

16. Doctor Whooves

Best choice? Or most obvious choice? Just because I've posted the most doesn't mean I'm scum, people!

---------- Post automerged at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

And thinking about it: you haven't given any reasoning whatsoever for voting for me. At least Stojil had a brief conversation and some basic thought. Why do you want to lych me, Gambit?

17. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    a No Lunch is a bad day.

18. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, I don't particularly think Whooves is scum, or that he is a good lynch target. The various reactions to him have been very interesting though.

19. Doctor Whooves

Seriously, can we please have some reasoning for your vote. Yes, not lynching is a bad thing, congratulations. Why should I be lynched, as opposed to, say, you?

20. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    I could be lynched instead but I already know I'm town so /shrug. Do you expect me to vote for myself just because I'm as good a target as you? no way Jose.