1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Hope this makes sense, I'm tired as.

Huh, I missed that. Probably because the rest of the post made the case for Town!Whooves but still.

Strictly speaking, your post sends out mixed signals. That was part of what I meant -- he's "flailing town", then comes your reasoning which I still haven't understood, but then, at the very end, you tell him that if he were Town, he'd do more hunting, thus implying he's not.

So what about the Ollie bandwagon. It was started up Dr. Whooves after he went back and forth with him, which is really unfortunate because New Guy Town explanation or not, I'm uncomfortable with lynching someone he suggested. I actually missed that before -- I thought Ashaya had started the wagon :|

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

It's only partially reliable info. It's interesting that you're so sure Whooves is town (and also that you don't think there's info to be found in Gambit's lynch) but until it's actually confirmed, all we have is a small bandwagon and lots of defenses that could be easily looked at from both factions' angles. Lynching Gambit could give us Whooves' likely faction by proxy, since the two went back and forth in a way that didn't look staged, but that's only if Gambit flips scum. On the other hand, lynching Whooves would give us info on everybody.

But that ship has sailed, apparently.

I can't quite put my finger on what irks me about AR's post, but there's something there. Maybe it's the "I thought I'd posted but I hadn't", which reads like a sloppy way to justify what could be interpreted as stalling, lurking, waiting for input from scumbuddies and other scummy things. Or not.

Rescind Vote
    Lynch: AngelRick

AR is one ahead now. If Sesc votes for Gambit like he wanted to, it will be a tie. Which suits me just fine since I want to see Aekiel vote one of the two real wagons (and I'll be around anyway if needed).

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Ninja'd again. If Eido's count is right, then we're tied right now and Sesc' vote would give Gambit the lead.

3. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Mhmm... like I said, guilt trip. If I genuinely thought he was scum, and since the bandwagon was nearly there already, it would be illogical for me not to vote for him.

The implication was meant to get him to post a genuine read.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Guess I'll put my vote in then.

Lynch: Gambit

I'm not particularly happy with either option at the moment, and maybe I'm being biased by my view of Rapscallion as scummy, but of two I'd choose Gambit. My reasoning for this is primarily based on his ill explained vote on Whooves, though I'll say that it's not exactly a strong suspicion.

More than reasons for voting for Gambit, I'm not voting for AngelRick. This is may be a result of bias against Rapscallion, but post #93 and Rapscallion's rebuttal make me think that AR is town.

Mostly though, I just don't want a tie.

5. Sesc

Oh, how nice :/ Now I get to decide who we lynch?

Ollie's posts are more useless, but I dislike how it started and that he isn't around. AR was kinda flippy-floppy-wishy-washy but had a semi decent defence (as opposed to "you can lynch me"). The last posts actually bumped Rapscallion up on the scum-meter, but that is no option now.

Bleh. Call it presence. AR was here to talk when it became important, Ollie was not. Lynch Gambit.

6. Sesc

And ninja'd. But I think that's it, then.

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day One Ends!

Gotham was silent, as the sun set.

The Villains were casting wary eyes at every shadow, expecting movement, waiting for the Bat to potentially appear. As they congregated near a warehouse, there was a subtle shifting in an alleyway, and they all reacted immediately.

With deadly intentions.

A lithe body sprawled upon the ground, and a hush fell over the crowd.

Maybe it wasn't the Bat, but then again... she wasn't really one of them, either, was she?

Gambit has been lynched!

Gambit was Catwoman.

She was the Neutral Survivor.

Votals!

Gambit (7): Doctor Whooves, Ash, Fontisian, Castiel, AngelRick, Dovaekiin, Sesc
    AngelRick (4): LochNess, Vesvius, Kensington, Rapscallion
    Doctor Whooves (1): Uncle Stojil

Abstaining (1) Gambit

With 13 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Votes!

#10 - Uncle Stojil lynch Vesvius
    #41 - Rapscallion lynch Doctor Whooves
    #46 - Uncle Stojil lynch Doctor Whooves
    #47 - Kensington lynch Fontisian
    #55 - Gambit lynch Doctor Whooves
    #63 - Doctor whooves lynch Gambit
    #65 - Dovaekiin lynch Rapscallion
    #68 - Ash lynch Gambit
    #69 - LochNess lynch AngelRick

#70 - Kensington Unvotes
    #71 - Fontisian lynch Gambit
    #74 - Castiel lynch Gambit

#75 - Gambit unvotes
    #78 - Uncle Stojil lynch Vesvius
    #82 - Vesvius lynch AngelRick
    #85 - Kensington lynch AngelRick

#86 - Uncle Stojil lynch Doctor Whooves
    #89 - Sesc lynch Gambit
    #92 - Rapscallion lynch AngelRick
    #93 - AngelRick lynch Gambit

#94 - Sesc unvotes
    #102 - Uncle Stojil lynch AngelRick
    #105 - Dovaekiin lynch Gambit
    #106 - Sesc lynch Gambit

Day Two will begin in roughly 24 hours.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

FILLER FILLER FILLER

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Two Begins!

Day struck in Gotham, and the Villains spilled on upon the streets to begin their day filled with entirely noble aspirations.

Unfortunatey, one of their number was missing.

They didn't exactly care, but still, he was one of them, and it meant the Bat had struck.

They found him, a street over, his hands clutching as his throat, and eyes wide open.

The reason for his apparent consternation was evident - a grappling hook was quite imbedded in this throat.

It was no laughing matter.

Dovaekiin has been killed!

Dovaekiin was the Riddler.

He was the Town Cop.

Livelist!

AngelRick
    Ash
    Castiel
    Doctor Whooves
    Fontisian
    Kensington
    LochNess
    Rapscallion
    Sesc
    Uncle Stojil
    Vesvius

With 11 alive, it is 6 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Day One Ends in 73 Hours!

10. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Well, that's annoying. Dovaekiin's a strong player, and not having a cop is a serious disadvantage. At least we now know that there are (or were) power roles.

On a slightly more positive note - Gambit's dead, and we didn't lynch a town. I don't quite know what 'neutral surviver' means, but I suspect that town winning and him winning were mutually exclusive.

Although, since he appeared to be all on his lonesome it breaks my idea of him collaborating with AngleRick. I'm not saying AR is definately not scum, but my someof thoughts on the subject we're proved wrong.

The question is: what have we gleaned from this? Any ideas?

11. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Why does him being neutral mean he is all on his lonesome? Couldn't he have had one other person in his faction?

Lololol at the fact that Gambit was Catwoman though.

I still think that AngelRick is one of the best lynch targets we have, though I'd certainly like to hear some other ideas.

12. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I wasn't sure what neutral survivor meant, but I Googled it up and on Wikipedia where it explained the mafia game, it said "The Survivor is a neutral player, and wins when any other team or player wins (the survivor merely needs to avoid elimination)."

So I am guessing he was on his own.

Gonna go back through the thread and see what Aekiel had posted . Will post more thoughts in a bit.

13. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

I always thought that the neutral survivor was on his own, but I don't know much about it. I suppose it doesn't preclude him from having another 'neutral' team member - do we want to go for AngelRick, then?

I posted my reasoning for thinking that AR was conspiring with Gambit earlier, but to be honest it was pure speculation. Who thinks AngleRick is scum, or at least another neutral?

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I don't see a connection between Rick and Gambit for two reasons.

1. This is the post with the connection to Gambit.
    This post strikes me as a really terrible way to defend Gambit. If Rick and Gambit shared a qt, Rick could have just told Gambit to say something along these lines. It's blatantly obvious that Gambit didn't mean the first part at all for his Whooves vote and I don't think AngelRick is stupid enough to think that we'd believe otherwise. Thus, the two possible reasons behind this post were either 1. Rick desperately defending a scum buddy who refused to defend himself of or 2. reading comprehension failure on Rick's part. I think the second option is the most likely.

2. From what I've looked up, the mafia survivor role is usually a solo role.

That's not really strong reasoning as Eido may have adapted the role in a whole bunch of ways. There's also the possibility of more than one neutral role, where the two neutrals don't share a qt. The one thing we can conclude from last night is that there probably isn't a serial killer role, unless the mafia attacked the same person or an angel role protected the serial killer's night kill target.

That said, Rick had five fluffy or completely repetitive posts to five content posts yesterday, which as a ratio is worse than everyone except Gambit. (This count is fairly subjective). The longer and more content-full posts came after he started feeling pressure and most of his posts were very cautious. On the other hand, Rick had five content posts which was more than Lochness, Castiel and Vesvius. He had an equal content post count to Rapscallion and Kens.

In addition, I don't think that AngelRick is the best lynch target because everyone except Castiel, Gambit and myself posted a negative opinion of Rick yesterday. No one really defended him beyond saying that x would be a better target.

tl:dr
    Rick is suspicious but his connection to Gambit is weak. At the moment I'd prefer to lynch the lurkers: Castiel and Vesvius. I'm willing to give Lochness a pass until she posts the rest of her thoughts.

Sesc: I referenced Lochness because I agreed with her thoughts on Whooves the most at the time, specifically her comment on the roleplaying being town oriented and Whooves' still having the potential to be scum.

15. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I say we lynch Rapscallion, for my aforesaid reasons in day 1, and now especially because Dovaekiin suspected him, and his role flip gives his suspicions even more plausibility.

Lynch Rapscallion

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Er, you realize that Dovaekiin couldn't have checked anyone during the previous day phase, right? His suspicious are more trustworthy because we know he was town, but that doesn't make them perfect.

17. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Oh I know that. I probably should have said faction flip, that was my bad.

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

And given his faction, I think it lends some more weight to my claim that Rapscallion was suspicious. If scum kill Dovaekiin, they might not only kill someone who was suspicious of one of their members, but also a strong player in general.

I'm out immediately, since I'm not a strong player and they probably suspect I'll be an easy lynch later.

That's a bit of wine though.

18. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Still going through with all my thoughts, and feeling slightly better about AngelRick, but am not sure if this is just because Aekiel was so sure of him being town and I know Aekiel is town. But he wouldn't have known, it would have just been a gut feel since cops wouldn't get a check until the night. But for now I'm not ready to just immediately thrown my lynch back on him.

So AngelRick, you comment about the role flip helping his case against Rapscallion wouldn't be true, and his thoughts would be just thoughts, nothing to do with real proof.

The Gambit lynch doesn't really give us much info because I'm going to guess he is working alone (I know he may not be but in my mind I feel that being neutral would mean neutral to everyone and not being on a team), so there aren't any links to find on him. I feel like if links are still trying to be made, it might be people trying to force suspicion on others.

In the post where I had put
    I had mixed up two sentences (don't think Whooves is mafia/ think Whooves is town) and was following up on the rest of my post that actually made sense with a lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Ninja'd about the role flip for Aekiel

19. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Actually the Gambit lynch tells us a lot. Scum would think that Gambit was town and act accordingly since they had no idea. They only know who is scum and who isn't.

I think the lynch wagon could still be very informative. Granted, I'm not terribly good at those kind of analyses.

20. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Alright. As stated, I'm pretty sure Gambit was alone. The survivor is usually a solo role that wins by surviving. That'd explain his apathy towards being lynched. Having passive roles usually isn't much fun.

Rick is still on my radar, and Rapscallion comes across as pretty fishy. But right now, I'm leaning more towards fontisian, and not because they're leaning towards lynching me. Well, it's sort of that but for the reasoning, not the target.

Right now, she's advocating going after lurkers. That always strikes me as scummy, mainly because I used that strategy to middling effect way back in DE2 when I was scum.

I also went back over her posts, and it seems she's trying to keep her count up without doing too much of substance. The first five posts were meaningless, the sixth was a lynch vote, and the seventh seemed to me to be a deliberate attempt to buck that trend, to be seen contributing.

Not enough to lynch on, but enough for me to get suspicious.