1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Avoiding the question. Suspicious.

Ah, Moridin it was Stolji! Yes I remember.

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Alright, here's the problem, then. Not voting isn't a towny thing to do, or a towntell. Obviously I'm referring to Kalas not placing one early on, not to when there were already five players on jwlk's bandwagon (jwlk himself also commented on it when he "argued" with him at the very beginning of day).

It's a closed setup with role-reveals after death. Voting patterns are going to be important, which makes voting important.

3. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

You say suspicious if kaem and castiel, not fen. Why? Also, you voted for neither of them, but you voted kalas. Why did you not vote for your main suspects ?

Sorry for format this post is from phone.

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I voted for Kalas because I wanted him to talk more, still do for that matter. Not as suspicious of Fen because at least he's talked a lot and not all of it has been bad.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ooh, shiny.

OK, for the sake of the argument, let’s assume Fen is scum.
    Option 1: jwlk is scum. Fen puts the sixth vote on jwlk, galvanizing everyone to move off. He makes it look like he and jwlk are definitely not teammates but risks someone putting on a final vote before everyone on jwlk freaks out and moves off. Possible.

Option 2: jwlk is town and Fen just wanted to cause a mislynch. This puts his neck on the line for little relative gain, as Fen still has to hope that another towny comes in and votes for jwlk before anyone switches off. Day 1s usually end in mislynches anyway, so the only real positive is the lack of a voting record and the general confusion jwlk's lynch would have caused. Unlikely if Rubicon or Kalas are scum. Highly unlikely if they are both town.

Option 3: Fen saw an opportunity and took it without thinking it through. Possible.

6. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

And I finally get the chance to come post. Hey guys, I'm sitting here eating and I was reading through the thread. I would talk about people but a lot of it is conjecture and nonsense on Day 1 so I think instead I'll describe my dinner.

I cooked up about a 1/4 pound of ground beef and mixed in garlic, cumin, coriander and about a third of a packet of taco mix powder from El Paso (the company). I also made yellow rice and laid it down to start the layers. I poured the meat on top, topped with some vidalia onion bbq sauce from Sweet Baby Rays and finally a nice layer of melted cheese.

Back to the Game:

Bill's tactic of voting to force talk is a dangerous ploy on day 1 as noted earlier in the day, if it's just one or two it's potentially sound, but if it starts a bandwagon (as we saw) it becomes a dangerous proposition. Suspects are not obvious at this time, but that bandwagon bears closer inspection after day 1.

Stojil hates silent players and I can understand that, but at the same time pointing them out is potentially dangerous since townies with powers might be trying to lay low and this could hurt that, (in this scenario, it's unlikely since I believe everyone's posted).

Kalas seems to be barely defending himself, makes me wonder.

Jwllk's defense of others might be just him trying to be town or it might be him trying to defend a fellow scum. Leaning town this early in the game but time will tell.

The Rest: I got nothing.

---------- Post automerged at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Also I'm waiting for more to post a vote but if I had to choose right now I would lean towards Jwlk and Kalas.

Fen is a red herring thrown out by the scum as far as I can tell for now.

7. fontisian

These words, they confuse me.

8. Riley

Unsure why they confuse you. Elaborate so I may explain my conclusions with examples relevant to your confusion.

Defense is not always indicative of scum, I myself was guilty of it whilst a townie simply because I didn't think the subject was scum and I defended that. But due to the lateness of the game stage I was pegged as scum trying to help scum.

Fen was voted for by several people and defended by others. Assuming there's at least two scum, it's possible they took sides and are trying to throw Fen under a bus to stir up controversy. Admittedly it's not the best plan but it's a plan all the same.

Did I answer your confusion?

9. fontisian

You answered the second part. If Fen is a red herring, who do you think is trying to throw him under the bus?

I still don't understand why you said that jwlk is leaning town for you, then said that you were leaning towards voting for him.

10. Riley

I picked Jwlk on the off chance I'm wrong.

As for who, I'm not certain just yet I'm gonna go re-read the thread to see what I can glean.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Bandwagons are good for town. Pressure is good for town. The simple fact that the bandwagon is suspicious to you, me and everyone else makes it a success of sorts and a useful strategy. Even in the worst case scenario of that situation (someone sealing the deal on the lynch after Fenraellis and jwlk flipping town), we would have found very good info. As it is, we avoided that and still got good info.

I personally think we should lynch Fenraellis because of it. He read both Eido's vote-count and Kalas' warning, and he still voted. Whatever he is, town or scum, he derped hard.

That's an unacceptable excuse in my eyes. It's too easy for scum to hide behind that, and if we start thinking in those terms, be sure they're going to try and take advantage of it (same if we start thinking things like "it was too scummy/stupid to actually be from scum" - they're both dangerous slippery-slops).

Also, what fontisian said.

All in all, your post makes me want to lynch you, which goes to show how useful being active is. ;)

Sesc: can you answer the question, now? What do you think about jwlk's bandwagon?

Kaemrynn: get in here. D:

12. Riley

I've noticed that most of my posts make you want to lynch me regardless of my status as town or scum and I just see it as creative differences honestly.

13. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I can only remember you in Mini Mafia #1, where you were scum and yet not exactly high on my list of targets (plus I was the other scum faction, there). So, no.

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Well, I think every accusation for me is a variation of "he brought jwlk vote to soft lynch" and I suppose in hindsight that was a stupid thing to do. As I have said before, it was a joke, a little obvious from the rest of my post. And I also did that because I knew I would be active for several hours so that if someone were to bring us close to a hard lynch (READ: Fen) I could quickly rescind my vote, which I did.

If my plan was to get a lynch out of jwlk here why would I rescind my vote when we just needed 1 more to lock it in?

15. fontisian

Castiel: No, I'm accusing you of trying to get pressure off of jwlk.

Riley: You didn't answer my question. :|

16. Riley

working on it font, don't worry

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I think it's more of "He brought jwlk vote to soft lynch within the first 12 hours of day"

Why would you rescind? To get town cred, like you're trying to do right now, I would say. Anyway, I would think the question would be, why would you do it in the first place if you just planned to rescind it right after? I dunno, I think it's slightly weird that no one voted Kalas in the beginning to be honest, but that could also be random.

@kalas, I don't like that you haven't voted anyone yet, what are you doing/thinking? Ya should post.

@Sesc, i've seen you lurking around the thread, yet you haven't posted. Your first one asking questions that everyone was going to answer anyway doesn't count.

18. Riley

@Fontisian: It seems that the two main voters for Fen are Stojil and Castiel. The defense lies in Jwlk for the most part but Jwlk isn't defending Fen so much as attacking others who are attacking Fen.

My question is the same as Jwlk's actually. Where the hell is Sesc?

---------- Post automerged at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Make of that what you will Fontisian

19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I suppose it can be seen that way. I would cite jwlk's aggressiveness towards me making it unlikely we are a team but we could have just planned that. >_>

I did not plan to rescind it right after. I planned to rescind it in case someone would be stupid enough to drive us to a hard lynch.

I brought you at soft lynch but Kaemrynn and Fen took you few steps further. I am curious why you are so hostile towards me and not them.

20. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Kaem mostly because he's new so I don't really want to lynch him today..

Fen.. man I dunno. I wouldn't be opposed to lynching him. Just the way things developed. I don't think scum would be stupid enough to be the 2nd to last hammering vote within like 18 hours of day start and just... Yah, its not a good argument, and its definitely not going to work anytime in the future.. but thats where my gut put it.

However, not only that, but it seems you and Fen aren't on the same time (knowingly). I can easily see scum being in the middle of the bandwaggon, pushing it to soft lynch and hoping that, "hey, if no one rescinds by the end of the day, and jwlk has the most number of votes, people will hop on him" mentality.

So it's not just a gut instinct, but one followed by some logic. Who do you think Fen's scum buddies are, if he is scum?

---------- Post automerged at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Anyway, big midterm tomorrow, so i'll be around sporadically until then (when i'm taking 'breaks' from studying). So for now, I gotta go.

---------- Post automerged at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Kaemrynn, I saw you lurking. Your newness doesn't get you a pass on that. You will be lynched today if you don't talk.