1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

Hrm? Lynched if I don't talk? Sounds a bit threatening I suppose.

Well, I suppose I can talk some.

Bill Door: Yes, this happens to be my first game of Mafia. May my newness protect me like an invisibility cloak in the forbidden tomes room that is DLP mafia.

2. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Yes. It's supposed to be. And that's not good enough, talk more. Vote someone

---------- Post automerged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

And explain why you're voting them

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Unvote

Vote: Sesc

One post in which you sort-of-dodge a question, followed by lurking? Do not want.

4. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

I suppose I've recognized the error of my ways. Didn't fully realize the consequences of my vote bringing you so close to a hard lynch before 24 hours had ended. After all, I was simply the following flamingo, a more or less light-hearted post.

However, I'm not the one deflecting attacks and pointing the blame toward others at this point. And I don't like having fingers pointed at me simply because I'm new.

Rescind Vote: jwlk (Just saying, the lowercase letters bug me a little...)
    Vote: Castiel

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Except you just did.

Actually, you're under relatively light pressure because you're new. Look the vote thing is forgivable, but if you don't post and give us something to work with, we have no way of figuring out your allegiance

Unvote Kaemrynn

Now please explain your vote for Castiel.

Interesting. Makes me think there might actually be some credence to that jwlk-Fen scum team theory.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Come on Riley. A whole lot of nothing. Iv'e played scum with you. You can do better.

---------- Post automerged at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

@Bill Door: My apologies. Misread part of the post relating to you.

@Jwlk: Votes should be taken seriously. I don't lay them unless I mean it.

At least Stojil's getting back in, town, form.

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Reminds me of someone:

8. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

fontisian: Castiel was purporting that I am one of the individuals who was pushing the hardest for the early lynch, deflecting the idea that while yes, he brought the vote to soft lynch, Fen and I brought the vote close to hard lynch.

I'm no man's amoeba to be brought under the microscope!

9. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Then you should start taking this seriously and mean it when you vote someone. You're helping no one by just sitting then watching. I want reads, you refusing to do reads is not helping my read on you.

10. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

Quick, quick, everybody read everybody! Make this a regular reading circle!

Verum quoniam omnes.

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

11. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Okay, I like the initiative! You can start.

12. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Hmm, true. I guess I was thinking in terms of what Kalas would do if he was scum, while you are pointing out he didn't do what he should have as town. Fair point. The lack of a voting record tying him to this is something I didn't consider, and definitely bumps him up my list a bit. Doesn't help that he hasn't really said much since.

In that case, let's go with the two of you. Kalas, Stojil, can you each give two potential scumteams based on today's actions so far?

Sesc, I think everyone has answered your question by now. What do you think of the answers? How do you feel Castiel and Kaemrynn have reacted to the accusations against them?

Rubicon, you mentioned that outside of Kalas, people reacted in a less townish way to the bandwagon. Could you build a case against two of them, and also give your opinion on Kalas based on what he has said since you posted?

Kaemrynn, what Jwlk said. Don't worry if your reasoning isn't airtight, it will be picked apart soon enough. Just give your reads on people, that will help far more than you might realise both now and in the event of your/their death.

Castiel, moving off Jwlk. Name at least one person (excluding Kalas and Jwlk) who did not vote for Jwlk who you find scummy. More is better.

Riley, could you elaborate a little on your feeling that Kalas is scummy?

---------- Post automerged at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Forgot this.

Jwlk, top two suspects outside of Kaemrynn/Castiel/Fenraellis.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

So, come home and internet was disconnected due to not having been paid... apparently. Paid it off, then had to wait until it was back up to see what's happened.(took a nap, longer than expected)

Give me a moment.

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

That's good, I like that in a guy.

Spoke too soon.

I did not point a finger at you because you are new.

I did? Where?

Sesc and you

Also, Fen's mistake seems genuine so, Rescind Vote

And let's give Sesc some more incentive to talk, Lynch Vote: Sesc

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Why do you hate me, internet? Why?

In unrelated news, I appreciate the vote of confidence, I suppose. Even if it comes out more like a vote of incompetence... >_>

To add more substance, and to elaborate on my earlier statement of three people I was looking at, in nor particular order:
    -Uncle Stojil: I can understand your concern, since I realized after the fact that what I did was pretty foolish, but the degree to which you've jumped on me, and others, just comes off as overdone.
    -jwlk: Still not sure what I want to think about having been the first to accuse somebody. You've been posting with more substance since then, though, so... *shrug*
    -I was originally going to say Castiel earlier, but that was probably just a back-and-forth blame fest we had going on. Honestly a bit more curious about Kaemrynn at the moment. Maybe it's just the mild RP-ing getting to me, couldn't really say.

16. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

So. Sorry for inactivity yesterday, I was busy and didn't have time to type.

Well, the idea after that almost-trainwreck yesterday was to find if anyone got nervous explaining it and tried to overcompensate with elaborate TL;DRs reasonings. So far, the only one with one that stuck out was Fen and bleh ... I possibly can get behind the idea that he didn't count votes and didn't think about it and just voted, except then he made post #28 and I dislike that one. #21 was perfectly fine as an explanation, Y U MAEK DIFFICULT FEN >_>

And the other person that is being difficult is Kaem-whatsit. There are certain ways to play this, and you're picking the hard way right now. Just sayin'.

Anyway, the obvious question is whether at some point Mafia hopped onto the bandwagon. After the last game, I'm not using the "They can't possibly be as stupid as that ..." thing ever again, but I guess you have to put in some assumptions, because everything being of exactly equal chance, you can just as well stop trying to analyse.

So I'd put everyone until Stojil into the vote-for-fun/see-what-happens range, which doesn't exclude Mafia there, but makes it your average Day1 start, anyway. After that, the bandwagon got its own dynamics, which means Castiel, Kaemmy and Fen voted because of votes cast before.

I dunno, I'd certainly not expect any Mafia to quickhammer a lynch 12 hours into the day, because we'd obviously lynch the hammerer next day. So all they could do is get it to -1 votes, and hope someone else hammers, which is a really unlikely thing, so they might as well not have bothered.

Bottomline: Everything is speculation, but I'm looking at Kaemmy and Fen right now. So let's put the vote there, for now: Vote: Fenraellis, and I'm off think about some other posts.

Oh, and btw, Rubicon and Stojil: Any notes on your end about reactions to your votes?

And feel free take off that there votes on me D:

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Votals:
    Castiel (2): Jwlk, Kaemrynn
    Sesc (2): Stojil, Castiel
    Bill Door (1): Rubicon
    Kalas (1): Bill Door
    Fenraellis (1): Sesc

Abstaining: (5): Fenraellis, Fontisian, Kalas, Moridin, Riley Poole

With 12 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch.

If there are any mistakes, let me know. I worked all night and am tired.

Day One Ends in 34 Hours!

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Assuming it's a scumteam of 3:

1) Fenraellis, Moridin, Bill Door/Rubicon.

Fenraellis-Moridin seems like a very possible pair, right now. Beside the first very soft line in post #20, there's this:

Fenraellis is suspiciously missing, there. Bill Door/Rubicon are in this scum-team because I would expect a not-risky vote on that bandwagon, plus there's a kinda weird mention of Rubicon by Moridin in a earlier post and Bill Door doesn't feel as town as usual (he also was suspicious of Castiel and Kaemrynn but not Fenraellis). I could see Kalas being part of this scumteam as well, instead of Bill/Rubicon.

2) Sesc, Castiel, Riley Poole.

Simply because of general scumminess and a curious lack of connection (aside from Sesc being less suspicious of Castiel than Kaemrynn and Fenraellis).

I could see fontisian in there as well, especially with Riley (their back and forth read weird, although mostly because of him).

I'd say it's clearly underdone. Tell me, what has happened in this game that's scummier than your vote? A vote bringing us 1 away from the end of day after only 20 hours or so. In a day where no discussion had happened and not every player had showed up yet. Against a player that had no legit reason to be eliminated at the time (the first one voting is bullshit). Coming after both the mod's vote-count and another player's warning explicitly stating where we were at. Tell me, it's not a rhetorical question.

Unvote

Vote: Fenraellis

19. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I only said that his very lackluster defense of himself made me wonder what was going on there.

The reason I put him down was to see his reaction. Which as we've noted is to say that I said a whole lot of nothing. I think that's false as I said a good amount. My vote still leans firmly for the two I mentioned before.

I'm at work now but I'll try to drop in a few times to check up.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Eh, Stojil, I already said my piece on that particular mistake and why it occurred. Nonetheless, you have your right to persist in thinking of it what you will, carry on.