1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I would like to know. And it wouldn't just be a possible defense for you. It would also be a good way to see you scum-hunt, because this:

was the most you did of it, and it's kinda wishy-washy and meh.

2. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Thought this was implied, but could you elaborate on that? Build a case, so to speak?

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

This is what happens when we don't vote. There's no pressure, no fear and no urgency, so the thread dies. There are enough questions, accusations and ideas floating around to move the discussion forward nicely, but if no one even answers them, then it's a waste of time. If the threat of being lynched is not credible or evident, then there will always be inactivity, which makes for a boring game. It's not even a matter of "votes help suss out scum". They do, but it's not the point. Votes help move things along. Period.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

All of the people who aren't voting cast a vote right now

Stolji, what do you think of Castiel? And why.

---------- Post automerged at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

That means you Kalas, I see you lurking all day :mad:

---------- Post automerged at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Oh, and well. I think I already answered this. Castiel is most suspicious, I think. This doesn't mean Kaem/Fen aren't, i'd say they're both equally in second place. I think we get a lot of good information by lynching Castiel.

Oh, and Fen
    This... has never been a thing. I don't know where you got that from. At all.

5. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Alright, fuck it. I'll Vote: Sesc since he hasn't responded much. Even at work I'm still attempting to make some conversation.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thoughts from browsing the thread all day. Not the most organized.

Bill Door: 7 posts, suspicious of Castiel and Kaemrynn and me somewhat. Weak support of Fenraellis. Hasn’t posted much content besides that, though the early stuff throws him on the scummier side of null.

Castiel: 7 posts, early pressure on Fen, disappears for 12 hours, then it gets interesting. Starts playing the ‘If I was REALLY scum would I do..’ game which is something I never like to see. Post 59 raises more flags.
    I have no idea why he’d think posting this is a good idea, besides heading off that exact discussion/hoping we think that. In either case scummy. His part about rescinding doesn’t sit right with me either. Day 1 jwlk wasn’t going to get hard lynched unless he threw a qt post on the main thread.

Voting for pressure sure but the rest just seems very opportunistic.

Vote on Sesc, suspicious of Moridin.

Fenraellis: 7 posts. Starts the game of.. just bad. I could half understand a reflex vote but here he had some shitty reasoning to go along with it. Then tries to excuse it.

Explains his thought process out a bit more, which is better. Language used, not so much. Light pressure on Castiel. Also believes he was accused of something he wasn’t, thread and QT mixing up in his head?

Feels the need to justify his thread absence as opposed to just making a post, when he does weak suspicion on jwlk, Stojil and Castiel/Kaemrynn but that seems more following the thread leaders then anything.

Finally passivity as a defense against Stojil which could go either way but I’m leaning towards a scum tactic at the moment.

Fontisian: 7 posts. Joke vote but stayed cool when pressured about it, put deserved pressure on Castiel Kaem and Fen. Puts more pressure on Riley to get posting, and a decent read of the situation (though I’d like to see some follow up thoughts on it). Nice, continued, pressure on Riley and Kaem as well. Solid town read at the moment.

Jwlk: 12 votes. The early wagon is almost enough to clear him in my mind, but he’s also the kind of player ballsy enough to almost get himself lynched so he can bring it up later. Pressure on whoever deserves it and following up on it. Towny read right now.

Kaemrynn: 5 posts. New player so early reads should be taken with a grain of salt. Almost as bad a start as Fen’s then disappears. Tongue in cheek comment on posting, and a lot of placeholder posts. There are more informative lines to follow at the moment but he’s getting lynched in the two or three days unless he does a complete one eighty posting wise. His, fairly random, vote on Castiel is interesting, though it could very well be sucking up to jwlk.

Moridin: 4 posts. Making some large discussion generating posts, which is good. Not following those up with smaller posts to keep it going not so much.

Early reads were pretty good, his second read on me is convoluted but I can see the thought process. Third post was asking good questions at something of a lull in the thread. Fairly town looking imo, though he needs to start putting some strong opinions of his own out.

Riley Poole: 7 posts. Gone forever and appears the second time he’s called out but whatever. Relaxed start to his first post which is nice, the rest sends though.. Is there a stronger word then scummy I can use?

Nice little anecdote, jwlk stuffs eh but not that important. Weird attempt to play off Stojil’s suspicions. Short answer to font but brings up a very interesting point.

To answer the last bit directly, if you’re going to pressure then pressure. What you posted wasn’t pressure just like what I was ‘defending’ against wasn’t either.

Rubicon: 2 posts. Jesus. First vote against jwlk but it was fairly joke. Not a ton in the second post, defense of me, pressure on Fen/Bill.
    Get in here. 30+ hours is ridiculous.

Sesc: 2 posts… Questions regarding the jwlk wagon good. Why come down on Rubicon of everyone though. Odd.

Second post. Like his reasoning, agree with a lot of it. Rubicon name dropped again. Despite being none existent this game.

Uncle Stojil: 15 votes. You started this game off weird. Like someone else playing weird. Moridin was posting more Stojil-esque then you were. You’re getting back in form but still. Weird.

Potential Scumlist:
    Fen
    Kaem
    Castiel
    Bill Door
    Riley (if so independent faction)

Teams:
    Fen, Kaem, Castiel
    Maybe in that ‘no one would suspect a block of voters’ sense.

Fen, Bill, Sesc/Rubicon
    Trying a little classic, UtR scum.

Day 1 team guestimating is rough.

Vote: Fenraellis
    Scummy and informative. The best combination.

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

So can Sesc and Rubicon please, you know, play the game. Both currently have lower post counts than Eido which should be the bare minimum. Meanhile Kalas and Kaemrynn both have the impressive achievement of making 5 posts while saying exactly nothing. So I'm gonna keep my vote where it is for now.

---------- Post automerged at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Oh, just saw Kalas' post.

Rescind Vote Kalas

Vote Kaemrynn

Talk to us man.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

jwlk: Moridin's question was "outside of Kaemrynn/Castiel/Fenraellis", not among them.

As for Castiel, he voted against you after me, rescinded after me, voted against Fenraellis after me and voted against Sesc after me again. Call me paranoid, but I feel buddied-up a little. Also, there's very little content beside that. He was mostly busy defending himself, which meta-wise doesn't look much like the righteous town!Castiel we all know and love ;).

As for Kalas' post, it gives me bad vibes:

First, it's more a summary than an analysis, and that makes me look at it in distrust a priori.

Second (and I'm going to sound a bit pompous, here), he suddenly switches from third person (Bill Door did this and did that, Castiel did that and this, and so on) to second (Uncle Stojil, you did this and did that) with me, which makes it sound like the post was addressed to me (which it shouldn't be), as if meant to keep me occupied/appeased.

Third, I'm not sure what he means when he says I was being weird (where? How?) so I'm calling bullshit on that until it's explained, and for now I consider it doubt-casting.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Well it IS partly a summary. Its part of how my thought process works. I commented on most everything that was worth a comment and gave reasoning for the important bits. The switch wasn't intentional. I just saved you and jwlk for last/bit of a break between writing everyone else and you two.

As for odd.. Post 42 is the first one I read that firmly said Townjil in my head. Posts previous to that just weren't of the quality/discussion starting I expect from you.

10. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Half the goddamn thread is suspicious. Like, did I get that right that Riley tried to create a world in which Mafia was bussing Fen on hour 12 of day 1? Please, tell me more.

And before that, Rubicon and Kalas were playing ball together, which is particularly funny because

when

And Riley, posting when at work requires to have nets when at work. That should be fairly obvious.

On the bright side, fontisian says lots of clever things. I like that, town +1. Though given my track record, that probably means she's Mafia. And as far as Castiel goes, I actually do think he's not Mafia -- admittedly, just the feeling I get from his posts, compared with the feeling I got in other games.

11. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hey Fen,

You ignored these. At least, you ignored the first one, your other posts have mostly answered the second question.

I'm underwhelmed by this reaction.

Obviously "I forgot" is the easy answer to my question, but your vote not matching your case is one of those early game tells that I look for... not much more to say about that at this point, but it made me ping.

This is an ok reason to vote Kalas, I guess, and he's moved his vote to Kaemrynn now, one of the people who he was suspicious of before my pressure, which is consistent, but this:

looks like Bill rewriting history a little bit under pressure to explain his vote.

What is the purpose of random voting (this is a rhetorical question), and what about putting someone at soft lynch (L-3) goes against this purpose (this is not)?

--

some notes for future analysis: If Fen is town, I'd expect scum to try to get him lynched (because like jwlk said it's the most overtly scummy event of the game so far and thus an easy target). Sesc, Stojil, Kalas currently on this wagon. If Fen's scum it's harder to say, his buddies might try to direct focus at someone else, or throw him under the bus.

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

... now Rubicon comes with the bus theory too. Is there something contagious in the water or something?

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Mafia makes people paranoid.
    That said, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Fen's partners (if he's scum) would panic and think he was caught and not want to go down with him.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hey Rubicon,
    I was going to ask you a question, but it look like there's already one you haven't answered.
    Jump on it man.

So basically, everyone except jwlk, Kalas and Kaemrynn. Interesting, because jwlk would be my first suspect if Fen flipped scum.

Did I every tell you that your qt during Dresden was my favorite thing? :awesome

I'm tempted to go after Riley, but Fen looks like the best bet for more information. And Stojil's right, the reaction is far weaker than what I would have expected.
    Vote: Fenraellis

15. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

Hey guys, just finished up with the last of my classes. Posting should go up. I apologize to those who feel I haven't been saying anything (I freely admit, I haven't said much of worth) and not giving much to read off.

Give me some time, need to catch up and formulate opinions. Will definitely be posting much more before the end of the day.

16. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Everyone but jwlk and Kaemrynn, actually. I put Kalas as a possible in the first team.

I feel like I need to point out something, though. Moridin asked me to guess a team, and that's very different from giving simple scumreads, especially on day 1. A lot of what I posted there is a stretch simply to make some kind of connection between players.

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Votals:
    Fenraellis (4): Sesc, Stojil, Kalas, Fontisian
    Castiel (2): Jwlk, Kaemrynn
    Sesc (1): Castiel
    Bill Door (1): Rubicon
    Kaemrynn (1): Bill Door

Abstaining (3): Fenraellis, Moridin, Riley Poole

With 12 players remaining, it is 7 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch

23-ish hours remain in Day One!

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

:facepalm This is what I get for watching Colbert while posting.

So, what are your simple scum reads (besides Fen)?

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Right now, the strongest are Fenraellis, Kalas, Castiel and Riley Poole, but I will have to reread the thread tomorrow to see what I missed. I'mma go to sleep now.

20. Koalas

High Score:
    Its the tone you set from post 24 Sesc. Made you mentioning Rubicon pop out.

---------- Post automerged at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Well at least we half agree.