1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

[To Moridin, in reply to who I thought was scummy]
    Anyways,

Rescind Vote: Sesc

I get the feeling that Fen is town and he is at soft lynch anyway so I will refrain from voting for now. Will check back in after breakfast.

2. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Still waiting for a case on that, by the way. Explanations, links, questions, accusations. Namedropping without anything to back it up isn't particularly helpful.

Vote: Castiel

Give me a reason to think you are actively scumhunting, and not just dropping names others have brought up.

Also, Fen feels town. Therefore rescind vote Sesc. What?

Rubicon partially answered my question by calling out a couple of people, but nowhere to the degree I was expecting, and has yet to say anything about Kalas. Rubicon, could you get on that asap?

Jwlk, as Stojil mentioned, I wanted scumreads outside those three.

Kaemrynn, READS. Like I said, it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, everyone in this thread will be picking over them. What matters is your perspective. Aside from anything else, this is how you will learn. And refusing to post your opinions just makes you look like inexperienced scum. Take a look at what others have said, see if you can formulate some connections for yourself and post them.

3. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Right, well i've had a crappy day, so i'm going to do this short post and then pass out.

Moridin, sorry my bad totally misread that. Tomorrow will have that post for you

Rubicon, at 4 votes its no longer for randomness. Its for pressure. Did he think I did something suspicious? I dunno, because he said literally nothing, even after saying he's going to be around for a while.

About Fen, he seems the easy mislynch. The one scum rally around, and if he actually flips town, they just say "I dunno, look at how scummy he was!", deflecting blame.
    I personally think Castiel is more likely to be scum, and that is where my vote shall stay, as Fen does have soft lynch already.

@Fen, you need to vote.

Goodnight

4. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

You gave me a choice to pick out scum from four people: font, Riley, Sesc and you. Out of those four people the two of you seemed the most likely to be scum. Do I have anything conclusive? No. If I did I would have put a vote on it.

I voted Sesc because he was lurking. He talked, I liked, vote rescinded.

And I did not vote for Fen because I feel he is town.

What is so hard to understand?

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm perfectly fine with a Castiel lynch, especially after this:

which looks like distancing from the Fenraellis bandwagon. He could be scum knowing he will flip town.

As for the part about Fenraellis, your reasoning is a dangerous one, since by following it too carefully we would never lynch the scummiest-looking player (which is absurd). But you're right that his lynch would be very defensible (I'm still waiting for him to tell me what happened in this game that's worse than his vote), hence convenient for scum to hide into if he's town. But the fact is it's day 1, when information and scummy behavior is still relatively low. Fenraellis' would probably be the less random day 1 lynch I can remember.

6. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Doesn't have to be conclusive. At least post something that people can come back to. Doesn't even have to be on the both of us, pick one and build a case. You chose the two of us for some reasons, elaborate on them (however trivial).

Wrt the vote rescind, fair enough I guess.

As far as the Fenraellis lynch goes, I agree with Jwlk that it's an easy out, but I also don't like how he's followed up at all. He seems oddly stuck on the idea that the first to accuse is scum, and hasn't really contributed outside of that. Honestly, the lynch is defensible for a reason. I'll leave my vote where it is now, until Castiel can convince me otherwise. In the meantime, Rubicon, Kaemrynn and Fenraellis need to get in here and start talking (not sure what timezones they are in but we should have enough time for each of them to get in at least one decent post). Fontisian seems to be posting well, a PoV from her wouldn't hurt either.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I slept for far too long. Then again, staying up for well over a day can do that to you.

Anyway, I'm not particularly focused on the 'first vote = guilt', I merely cited that as my initial perception as to why he was getting an abundance of votes in the first place.

As for the specific replies:
    @Rubicon
    1) Yes, I honestly did miss it, having just woken up when I posted. Thought that was evident by my following words. Well, people believing my words or not being a related issue, I suppose.
    2) I know I already answered, but I'll re-iterate Stojil, [Castiel] and Kaemrynn. Maybe Kalas, citing things as different than they were, not sure. I will agree with Stojil that Post #86 was a bit off to me in reading it. Not just because of accusing me, that is.

@Stojil
    First off, it's tricky to try and call an action 'scummier than mine', when I have to get past the core fact that my action wasn't intentionally scummy. If I begrudgingly allow that to be the case, then... Probably Castiel's vote-mimicking, as it seems like the easy way to try and be considered blameless by voting in the pattern of a 'power player'(i.e. you). It's interesting that he didn't vote against me again, thereby breaking the pattern, but I'm not yet sure.

Along those lines, I'll do this for the time being:

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Honestly, Fen slipped from the top spot of my suspicious list. Granted, that may be partly because he just hasn't said anything at all, compared to others who did and managed to make them look more suspicious, but still.

I'd be perfectly happy with a lynch of Riley, Kalas or Rubicon. On the other hand, there's the argument that we might learn stuff from Fen's lynch, and possibly it's too late to switch. What's your opinion?

Is it just me? At the various points when this was suggested, there either A) was no Fen-bandwagons, or B) five different bandwagons that all had equal chance of getting lynched at the end of the day. No one could possibly say who would be lynched.

There might be Mafia voting for Fen, if he is Mafia too, in the end, yes. But why the fuckety fuck would anyone "panic" either 12 hours into the game or when Fen is ONE of five potential lynch targets? This makes no sense at all.

9. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Sesc: Just because you can't see it doesn't mean the idea isn't there. And I believe that a strong scum team could pull it off if they did it correctly. It's also possible that someone town threw the accusation his way and a scum player saw an opportunity to act town and defended him.

Think about it, if Fen is town, and a scum-team player defended him, would you see the defender as scum or town after a flip of innocent? It's a decent tactic and if you think about it, it can work. Especially if the person who first threw the accusation is town. I'm by no means saying this is exactly what happened, but to me it's pretty plausible.

In defense of myself, I can tell you for a fact that of the times I've played Mafia and Hunt, whenever I'm scum you can usually see me lurking in the back ground and saying literally nothing.

Yet when I'm town and I try to answer people's questions, they jump all over it and yell scum at me anyway.

Go ahead Sesc, lynch me, see what happens. I can tell you it isn't going to end well.

I'm pushing for a lynch on you because being that close to a hard lynch within the first 12 hours is a great reason to panic. Why the fuck would you think otherwise is beyond me. It's stupid to lynch that fast as it nets you no real material to work with come day two, regardless of whether the flip is town or mafia.

10. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

My reasons for thinking Sesc was scum were the fact that he made one post and started lurking. That changed, and his recent posts don't have anything incriminating in them that I can spot.

My reasons for you were mostly meta. Your gamestyle reminds me of how you were playing in Dresden's Dilemma.

I still think you are town. That hasn't changed. But I also know I am town. And since it seems one of us has to go, I had rather it not be me.

Lynch Vote: Fen

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Ugh, I know you're defending me, somewhat indirectly, Sesc, but the way you're going about it makes me question you.

Castiel, if you're so sure, then perhaps I should give you the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not even sure who I would/could vote for at this point. Then again, arguably it's worth voting for myself just to get the results of that over with.
    Just as likely, though, it would be an opportunity for people to do as has been mentioned, "Well he looked scummy, but what about the other people that voted for him. I'm obviously innocent!"

Not sure, but I suppose I can do this at least:
    Rescind Vote: Castiel

Maybe a worthy vote will come through before the day's end.

12. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Votals:
    Fenraellis (5): Sesc, Stojil, Kalas, Fontisian, Castiel
    Castiel (3): Jwlk, Kaemrynn, Moridin
    Bill Door (1): Rubicon
    Kaemrynn (1): Bill Door
    Sesc (1): Riley Poole

Abstaining (1): Fenraellis

With 12 people alive, it is 7 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch.

Day One Ends in 10 Hours!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  13. Riley

I didn't abstain, but if I did it wrong then I'll re-vote.

Lynch Vote: Sesc

14. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Nah, your syntax was fine. It just blended in a little too well to my tired eyes, heh. Fixing.

15. Sesc

@_@

Just because I can't ... wat. Riley. Pull what off -- get one of their own lynched? Yes, I believe even a weak scum team could manage that. Because it's an awesomely dumb idea. When everything is open and undecided, "bussing" isn't bussing, it's going hey lets kill ourselves rofl.

Obviously. But that's not bussing.

You want to lynch me because lynching within 12 hours is dumb? Wat? Can you please make sense :|

And you're prickly again, which probably means you're Town like the last times, but goddamn, you have exactly 0 votes currently. Why would you act so defensively :?

@Fen: I'm not defending you, I said I have other people who are even more suspicious. Also I didn't see your post before mine when I made it (hence the inactivity-reference).

16. Riley

I'm acting defensively because I'm on literally most of the scum teams that people have guessed.

To your first, I never said he was scum, everyone else has. I said that it's a decent tactic by scum to take sides and try to push for an innocent to be lynched. Basic stuff really. Also, this is bussing as far as I'm concerned.

To your second I'm not voting you because a 12-hour lynch is dumb. I'm voting you because you seem to be accusing everyone of everything and answering just enough so you can say, "hey look see, I'm active". As well as the fact that we could use the scum's "Panic" at one of their own being lynched but it seems like that's slipped your mind.

If Fen is Mafia and his scum partners were panicking and you are town and you can see that they're panicking, why the hell would you try to calm them down?

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

The Riley Poole/Sesc conversation has given me a headache.

Unvote

Because I'm okay with his elimination almost as much as Fenraellis', but mostly because they're tied at 4 now, and I want to see Bill Door, Rubicon and Riley Poole vote meaningfully and not bandwagon or waste it on not-credible (at the moment) lynches (I assume Fenraellis will vote Castiel eventually). I'll check again in a couple of hours to see if there are any changes, but then I'll go out and not be back until night.

18. Riley

I honestly don't think either of them are scum, I could be completely wrong.

What I say is, if everyone unloads from the Fen bandwagon onto the Castiel bandwagon and Castiel isn't scum, I'm going to be looking at you pretty hard Stojil for pushing a lynch on the two of them, regardless of how scummy they seem. If you're right though, then I suppose we can see where that leads us.

I'll Rescind vote for now I suppose. Although Sesc is still up there on my list.

19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I'd rather if I am lynched today, you guys take a good hard look at Kaemrynn. I know he is new and all but the more I read this thread the more he looks scummy.

20. Sesc

Right. Since what you said and what you said you said is both there, I'll leave it at that. What I think is in my posts before.

Right, that would be decent reason. Except it doesn't really work since it's a hyperbole. But at least it could make sense.

???

Panic.

Look. You could be Town. But you are writing a lot of stuff that makes no sense. What panic? When you have time, feel free to link to posts where someone is panicking. So far as I can see, everyone is just rolling with the lynch, which is a quite annoying situation, really.