1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #4 - A Mafia Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

... what. Seriously. How does that even make sense? You do realise that not voting is not all that different from agreeing with the softlynch?

State your suspect, slap reasons on it, and cast a vote. You're not supposed to say NO U to everything, you're supposed to convince other players of your point. :s

And Lucklyee, that was true five pages ago, but not anymore. There's enough stuff out there by now. This is a horrible post right there, and now even I have trouble to classify that as a derp.

2. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Time's up. I'll be watching the thread from my phone at different increments. I can manage a reply or two. I don't mind if one person votes for me, but please do not hard lynch.

Caesar: He’s been careful. For the most part he’s only asked questions, but he did pressure wetnurse. Null.

Font: Overall has a towny feel. But she’s flying very close to Sesc. I won’t waste time with theories as I have no time to waste. But part of me thinks Font and Sesc could maybe be part of a team. She was also more defensive than I feel warranted when I poked her. Null leaning scum.

Guljons: Clueless. He could be scum, or he could seriously have no idea what to do right now. Null leaning scum.

Kalas: Has made accusations, but has framed them in questions to other players. (84) This could be trying to promote discussion or let someone else take point. Leaning scum.

Lucky: A lot of excuses about nothing to go on. Lucky gets defensive against Lung’s soft accusation. He disappears after this. Null leaning scum.

Lungs: On the surface he seems town. But I wonder. He’s flown close to me, I am town. If I’m lynched this might townfirm him to an extent. While I in part agree and respect his choice to abstain, it also means this very same issue could take up a large portion of tomorrow. The sooner we solve this, the better off we are. Null. I would like to see an some sort of accusation, especially if you consider me innocent.

Rents: Answer in 50 is decent. Null.

Sacrifice: He seems to be playing normally to me. Null leaning Town. The only issue I have is pressuring Sesc for TMNT’s doing. It’s not something that’s easy to respond to.

Wetnurse: Asks a loaded question to Rents. We’ve discussed how I think this could be groundwork for a future lynch. At the same time he jumped on my pressure towards Font. I was surprised and confused. It could have been a scum attempt to push a lynch on a valuable player, but I doubt it considering how risky that would be. Null leaning town.

Sesc/TMNT: For TMNT, I honestly think the whole “town” this “town” that was derp.
    Sesc has, as I suspected, been too busy to get anything real from. He chose me as a target and stuck to it. I still don’t like how long he waited to explain. Null overall.

Vira: Has posted nothing of her own and only latches onto things said by other players. Leaning scum.

Fishy: He’s fishy, but undeniably just.

That's all I could muster. I'm aware it's not really good enough, but that's that. Tally-ho.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

My initial reaction to this was defensive (i.e. that providing additional information that can be used to trap a scum player later is helpful) but the bit about people using it to appear towny could have some merit to it. My complaint would be that I posted a real wall after Lungs asked me to.

On the other hand, it also feels like guljons is trying to cop-op of actually making accusations. Notice he didn't bother to mention why I am scummier than Wetnurse or Caesar.

Thank you. Maybe I'm blind, but I really don't think post 60 was particularly suspicious. To that end:

Unvote
    Vote Kalas

Just a general bad feeling based on the low content to post ratio. There's also these:
    Kalas implies that he always thought Fishy's posts were scummy, but doesn't actually point anything out until Sesc calls Fishy out. The explanation doesn't come for another day and a half, and seems to be more like a cheap shot at Caesar than anything else.

Let's see what happens.

Lungs: Vote for someone. You don't get to abstain.

4. Sesc

Lungs, I don't want a readwall, because 90% of it will be useless shit, I want one player and a case. Do that, Luckylee.

I'm not going to accept "I have no opinion", "everything is random" or "there aren't enough posts".

Rescind Vote

Vote Player: Luckylee

Do something.

5. fontisian

Unvote

After that self contradictory readwall, I'm good with a Fishy lynch.

6. Sesc

Fishy, what Sacrifice did was the only actual helpful thing to Town for AGES. Turtwig's post legit makes no sense, and pointing that out -- and insisting on it, so that it got discussion time -- is how you play this game.

And I'm here now, so feel free to ask me whatever you want.

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Ok so my ridiculous tangle of thoughts via quick reply.

Ceasar: He asked a lot of questions so he seemed like pro town to me at first, then he just started to bandwagon with others statements, like me not sharing a QT with Lungs and mentioning my nervous posting habits. Possible Scum

Fishy Justice:His first post made me think he was town, my Lynch on him earlier was obviously a joke because of shitty puns. His follow up on Kalas/notes on other lurkers seem townish too. He seems pro town to me.

Guljons: He posted very little and his first post felt off, possible scum.

Kalas: He made jokes at the beginning but got serious later. Hopefully town, I don't really have a good read on him as we haven't interacted much.

Luckylee: I've been derping a lot ><

Lungs: Agressive town I hope, although he got a nervous twitch when I derp posted which was cute. I also already noted his interaction with Vira which may just be her. Idk

Rents: He hasn't posted much, and when he has it has been defending himself. Null atm

Sacrifice: Seems to pro town, asking questions and contributing.

Sesc: I'm guessing he is seeing something I'm not, not sure why started the wagon on Fishy.

Vira: Lurking, she is evile and probably scum.

Wetnurse: His post about not trusting anyone was suspicious as hell to me, tbh I think he is scum.

8. Sesc

^ ... yeah, my point exactly.

Luckylee: You think Vira is scum? Then vote for her. FFS. Or Wetnurse. Whatever. Of course, a few reasons would be nice. "I have a feeling" would be kinda urgh, "She's lurking like whoa" is a little better, pointing at actual posts would be just the thing.

9. fontisian

Missed me, Lucky.

Would you mind attacking 1-2 people? Quotes would be appreciated.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I see no point voting if we already have a soft lynch on someone, and it's unlikely to switch at this point. But fine I'd say Lynching Vira is preferable to Fishy because he hasn't seemed scummy to be, in which case I'd rather Lynch a lurker. Lynch Vote: Vira Or lynch me as I've been the scummiest via derp.

11. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You know what that might not be a bad idea. How about more than one? I wish I could just #treadlightly but fuck it I want to swing the bat.

Case study: Vira

Post Total: 9

2/9 - rvs funs. thought she'd extend my original fiction inside joke but no.

3/9 - meta or promises.

#117 - okay, sounds standard for her, but at the same time, I don't like the undertones that kind of scream "okay you can lynch anyone but my scumbuddies plz"

#123 - sidesteps defending herself for the purposes of asking for clarification

#146 - okay with killing fishy because it'll give us "more" information

and attributes this to Caesar's post at #136

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

Pretty clear choice for scum, for me.

Case Study: Caesar

3/11 - RVS stuff

4/11 (in a row) - questions at other players without really saying stuff

#92 - soft defends Rents

2/11 - a promise and a clarification question, whatever.

1 read wall. - read wall is in deathspot number 4. /jokefromanothermafiaforumboooooooooo

Well first, there's my disagreement with him. N1 kill is heavily stacked against town and having everyone, especially if the doctor or cop or something is less skilled/less experienced, know what the scum might be thinking is good.

The problem might be that it'd muddy up the read vs. Font, but I believe in my reads so I asked the question.

Whatever.

The problem in this post is that I feel as though he makes really specific points but isn't really willing to throw his opinion against many people.

===

idk I see a possible Vira/Caesar scumteam. If I get shot tonight please lynch them.

---------- Post automerged at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

ebwodp:

@Luckylee: if you're town, you should never, ever ever fucking give up.

But you knew that.

So I'm not sure what to think.

the passive-aggressive LYNCH ME GUYS has proven to be an effective tactic on DLP, god knows why the fuck.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Sesc is convinced anything I post is useless and is set on Lynching me, or at least pressuring me. I gave my response, if he isn't satisfied oh well. I am Town, but you can't just take my word for it. I've playing pretty shitty tbh and won't he shocked if I'm Lynched.

13. Sesc

Luckylee, seriously now. The idea is to read through people's posts (by now, there is enough substance), weigh it against other posts, look for connections and references, get an idea of what someone is saying, is not saying, and wanted to say, and based on that, judge them, pick your most likely target, present your reasons and vote. That's how the game works. If your reasons are good, people will listen and switch. Yes, even now. The "softlynch" is currently at 3. Come the fuck on.

Rescind Vote

So. Your point about Vira's lurkiness is valid. I'll check her posts, but so far, she's not at my top spot.

Refresh Add.: Oh, Lungs already did that. Well, let's see, then.

14. Caesar

Caesar First Year

15. Lungs

High Score:
    Guys, we have one hour, please play :\

16. Caesar

Caesar First Year

That missing square bracket infuriates me.

17. Lungs

High Score:
    @Caesar: when I say "null read" I usually say "null, not enough info" - your posts about font/kalas/wetnurse, etc etc, they sort of read like you have a strong opinion and you want to say they're scummy/not scummy but then qualifiers everywhere?

so I'm thinking either rolethings or scumthings.

I really hope I'm right because rolethings would make this really bad.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO DISCUSS ROLETHINGS, DO IT IN YOUR QUICKTOPIC PARTY PEOPLE THAT SHIT'S SENSITIVE.

18. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Ah. I can kind of see where you're coming from but that's just how I think/write. Thanks for the prompt response.

19. Sesc

I'd say the thread is pretty active right now, Lungs o_O

As for Vira; #71 is okay.

#105 is bad, which Fishy Justice rightly points out in #116. Vira's response #117 is half possibly okay-ish (for that point in time), half terrible, because literally don't caring about a lynch is wtf. The rest after that is as content-free as the campaign ads I'm currently forced to watch.

Again, that's not even needed. One player, with reasons, would be already enough. I'm seriously tempted, Vira. While Fishy looks bad, it's at least the content that does so -- with you, it's the utter lack of it.

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @fonti: I don't really enjoy repeating things other people have said, especially hours after they've posted it. Adding to that, when I have a Day 1 feeling, I'd rather let them post more with their guard down then come out guns blazing.

@Vira: Saw you lurking. And in what world are you the N1 kill?