1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Keep in mind that at this point I have no idea what the fuck is even going on anymore, but I'm kind of wondering why everyone is calling Fontisian town? She roleclaimed the same role as a confirmed town roleclaimed. Why are we assuming it's more likely for their to be two of the same role than for Font to be scum?

Kalas has jumped on this whole 1:1 not making sense thing, but it still seems likely to me for fontisian to be scum.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Why cc and give yourself up when you can simply express disbelief, push the wagon and leave yourself a believable 'oh noes he were town' afterwords?

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Exactly. It would be retarded for scum to counterclaim like that. Beyond retarded; it would be sheer suicide. That is, unless scum have a JOAT of their own which had a one-shot kill ability (or if the team had the right combination of roles to do so), or if Font is a third party.

Let's see... She claimed to have a Vig kill, Tracker and Doctor ability. Trackers learn who a player targeted but not what they did (according to wiki).

Font: Are there any clauses to your vig kill or is it just a one-shot kill on any night, and have I got the tracker role right?

There are a couple of roles that are typically scum roles that she could use to fake having what she says: rolecop could be used to falsify a tracker ability, which comes with the added bonus of being able to more accurately frame a town person, without the cost of being outright labelled as scum for it as though she were faking a cop read.

It would be a risky gambit for scum if she did that, but it's workable if she has a decent read of the person she targets and their likely choice for their ability (assuming they're not just vanilla town, which is highly possible in this game).

Any one-shot kill would be able to mimic the vig kill, and if there's a third town protection role it wouldn't surprise me if scum had such a kill (doubt it if there's only two though). Hell, even the scum kill itself could count, if she claims to have protected someone at the same time (assuming that JOATs can use multiple abilities at once or multiple scum roles overlap here).

Doctor is only provable by a Follower (sees who performed what but not their target) or a Voyeur (what was performed on a person but not who did it). If we have a Follower he'd be able to prove that Font has a doctor ability, but would require yet another roleclaim to be able to tell us that. Voyeur wouldn't be able to prove Font did anything, especially if the protection target was a high profile one like Proph.

A Watcher (who targets a player but not what they did) wouldn't be able to prove any of Font's abilities, which means she could conceivably use another ability and still appear to be what she claims.

So, all in all, there is the possibility that Font is scum that has exactly the right roles to be able to pull off a fakeclaim (or her scumbuddies have them). I'm going to go through her posts, see if this is viable with what we've seen of her so far.

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'd like to remid people of the Dresden's Dilemma game played a few months ago, where Font, as scum, attempted to make a very similar play. Relevant part of the thread.

There is definitely precedent for her attempting ballsy plays as scum. Particularly as Eido usually gives scum fakeclaims in these games.

I don't want to lynch her based on what happened in a game 6 months ago, but it's something to keep in mind.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

There are no limititations on the vig kill, but I'm only allowed to use one ability each night. Your interpretation of the tracker ability is correct. I see two options for tonight.

1. I protect Proph and he uses his cop check on the scummiest person. I probably be killed by scum to get rid of my night kill, though they might leave me alive if they feel that they can lynch me.
    2.I shoot the scummiest person, and Proph cops the second scummiest. We depend on a doc to protect Proph and a fear of the doc to stop scum from shooting him.

Both plans are problematic if scum has a roleblocker, though the second plan is better in that case.

Dresden mafia did not have a roleflip on death, so I had a good chance of getting away my gambit, which was made entirely to establish a townfirmed status for myself. That isn't the case in this game, so the two situations aren't analogous.

The analysis is still coming. I just thought I should get those answers and potential plans out there.

---------- Post automerged at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Oh, and it didn't work, remember?. If you look at my qt, you'll notice that I realized how much I fucked up with that claim.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/QuHK6CBMaKH

I do try to learn from my mistakes.

6. blab

blab Second Year

Alright, I will be a bit busy for the next ~5 hours, but hopefully will be able to contribute later.
    I feel a tiny bit better about Lungs, and (under the assumption fontisian is town), don't like this:

Votes(before Fishy)

Prophylaxis: (5) Fontisian, Sesc, BitMyFinger , Aekiel, Fishy Justice, Lexicat

Votes(now)

Lungs (4) - Fontisian, Sesc, BitMyFinger, Aekiel

I think I want to lynch Aekiel, because of what I said last post, because of his elaborate (but confusing) post on Proph, and because of how he profited from the Proph-wagon (by not being one of the prime candidates anymore)

If Aekiel is scum, I will feel worse about Sesc,
    If Aekiel is town, I will feel worse about Lungs and BitMyFinger.

(If Aekiel and Sesc are scum, I'll bow to Bill Door)

Vote: Aekiel

7. fontisian

I kind of want to kill TMNT, for two reasons.
    1.He switched off Proph immediatly after his reveal, which looks a lot like scum who doesn't want to be held responsible for a dead power role. After my counterreveal, he was more than happy enough to switch back, presumably because the blame for the lynch could have been placed on me.

2. The soft doubtcasting. It's not an outright accusation, but it's clearly trying to push you lot into lynching me. Not ok.

Lungs, Lexicat and Bill Door also doubtcasted. It's just as bad in Lungs case, but I understand Bill Door's doubt after he was burned in Dresden. Lexicat is much harder to read, but the stronger wording of her attack makes it better, IMO.

I'm reluctant to lynch TMNT because this is pretty much his first day, and I don't like to lynch new players on day 1. If Lungs flips town, I might shoot him though.

Other thoughts, in no particular order:
    1.Sesc and Bit probably aren't on the same scum team because there votes are so similar. I also can't see Sesc pressuring a teammate like he did Aekiel on day 1. Same thing goes for his pressure on Lungs, to a lesser extent.
    2. An Aekiel/Bill Door scum team with a dash of Caesar and TMNT is something to watch out for.
    3. I can't see Lungs unvoting Aekiel like he did if they're on the same team.
    4. blab is my strongest town read after Proph.
    5. Aekiel mixed up Bit and Lexicat, so he's probably not on a team with either.
    6. blab called TMNTurtwig "TMNTurtle," which probably also precludes them being on the same team.
    7. Kalas needs to give us some reads.

8. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I switched off of Prophylaxis because he was 1 vote away from hammer and I would have rather lynched Lungs than a power role if there was no counter claim. Then you counter claimed. For the same reason I still don't understand why everyone is calling you town, that being two people role-claiming the same role, I unvoted Lungs. Note, I never switched back to Prophylaxis. I figured one of you two must be scum and the likelier was Prophylaxis, but things are happening so I'll let stuff happen before I vote. Then suddenly Prophylaxis and Fishy Justice are confirmed town and I have no idea what's going on because people are saying Fontisian is also town.

Now I'm not saying I think you're 100% scum- if I did I'd have voted for you-, but I don't get why people are acting like you're 100% town. In an ideal world I'd just put my vote back on Lungs, but I was pretty much thinking of a Prophylaxis/Lungs/Riley Poole scumteam with an Aekiel possible 3rd party. Now I have to reevaluate the entire thread and that's going to take me time, but based off the last few pages of thread I'm thinking of at least a Kalas/Aekiel scumteam because whether or not Fontisian is town they were defending her way too hard for my liking.

The only reasons I can see for them to be so sure that Font is town is if they're scum. If Font is town, then they know that and can vouch for her while appearing to build town cred and if Font is scum then they're protecting a scumbuddy. With that in mind:

Vote: Aekiel.

At least until I reread the thread.

9. Bill Door

I'd be fine with an Aekiel lynch. I'm also not overly opposed to a Lungs lynch he hasn't exactly done anything to convince me he's town, though that might be down to him basically saying nothing at all, overall I think Aekiel is the better option.

I'm half tempted to push for a Font lynch just to clear up any confusion, and I have a little theory of a Font/Lexi/BMF scumteam. For that matter a BMF lynch would be interesting.

Ultimately I think we should just stick with the classics, Lynch Vote Aekiel.

Also, is Caesar still playing?

10. fontisian

Vote Count:
    Lungs (4): Fontisian, Sesc, BitMyFinger, Aekiel
    Aekiel (3): blab, TMNTurtwig, Bill Door
    Fontisian (1): Lexicat

Abstaining (3): Caesar, Kalas, Lungs

If Lungs gets in before deadline, it'll be a tie. I'd like to see Kalas and Lexicat join one of the main wagons. Caesar as well, actually.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Erm. blab, Turtwig, BillDoor (especially BillDoor).

I'm not sure I got why you want to lynch Aekiel. Can you run this by me again?

12. Bill Door

I've had suspicions about him since early on. I'm not really feeling the Lungs lynch and I don't think there's time to get any other lynch going. 2 and a bit hours left atm.

13. blab

blab Second Year

a) I don't want to lynch Lungs that much anymore.
    If Lungs is scum, I expect there to be scummates on the Prophylaxis wagon. However all not-townfirmed members (everybody but Fishy) are now voting for Lungs. So there would be scum co-pushing that wagon which I find unlikely. Also Lungs didn't hammer, when he could have believably or when he could have sacrificed himself (a heavily suspected scum) for a town-power-role.

b) Prophwagon is suspicious.
    It is.

c) Aekiel is the most suspicous on that wagon
    Because of his “threat” to claim, because his long “crafted” ( but mistake-riddled) post on Prophylaxis because he benefited that wagon.

d)I wanted reactions/opinions to another target but Lungs and fontisian.
    Lung scumminess has been discussed, the case on fontisian is obvious.

14. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Bill Door's whole case against Aekiel was the Sesc scum team, but he keeps saying that he feels Sesc is town. I know Font just said this about Proph, but it looks predetermined in order to look consistent.

Care to explain?

15. Bill Door

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=665416&postcount=151

And how do I keep saying Sesc feels town. I said it once.

16. fontisian

Unvote
    Vote Aekiel

blab's points make sense and I have a general bad feeling about Aekiel. Still not really sure what Bill Door's on about, though.

I think I'll be protecting Proph tonight, but I suggest the hypothetical doctor role seriously consider protecting him as well, in case a scum roleblocker.

---------- Post automerged at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Hmm, actually:

17. blab

blab Second Year

Took this as the last vote count before your CC.
    Though you're right, I haven't looked at TMNT's behaviour. Slipped through somehow.

18. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

This post didn't explain why your suspicion of Aekiel continues but your suspicion of Sesc doesn't. You said you liked Sesc's pressure, but Aekiel still seemed off to you. So, was Aekiel making 'off' posts to a town, or am I missing something? Because it seems like the reason you suspected him was because it looked like two scum, but now you still suspect him when Sesc is fine. Why is he still suspicious then?

19. blab

blab Second Year

+ Kalas at Lungs in the totals

20. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Vote Count 1.number
    Aekiel (4): Blab, TMNTurtwig, Bill Door, Fontisian
    Lungs (3): Sesc, BitMyFinger, Aekiel
    Fontisian (1): Lexicat

Abstaining (4): Caesar, Kalas, Lungs, Prophylaxis

With 12 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch and 4 to soft lynch

50 minutes remain in Day One