1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Did I stutter earlier? I told you guys that in the 5 VTs I listed, two of them were lying right? They claimed VT with minor characters, which to me means they didn't want to claim their abilities OR their character names, likely because they're aligned with the Alliance?

That's why all your characters are "good". Two of your VTs are flat out lying.

2. blab

blab Second Year

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Lynching ranked by flavour importance is obviously the worst way to go about this. And why are you so certain it's only two more Mafia, Lexicat?

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Information, obviously.

The point of my post wasn't the question I asked you, but the information that is inside my post. There are 13 people in this game, and an unknown number of scum. I've been following most of Eido's games, and the recent ones have had 12 people and 3 scum. This one had 13 players, so that one extra player has to be something. If it's a third party, it makes sense. The other options are another mafia player, or another town player.

But having another vanilla town for shits and giggles doesn't seem to be eido's style. Maybe he put 4 underpowered mafia with a lot of town power roles, or of course the third party. There were 2 night kills, though I assumed font was the second one. We'll see tonight.

(I know this is mostly/all meta gaming but it also makes sense, so its what i'm sticking to)

As a third party, you obviously don't care who of scum/town wins, so I thought you'd be inclined to help town if you were asked, either way it doesn't matter

Anyway, from a town perspective I can't see how you think having less information is a good thing, but whatever, like I said I don't believe you're scum, since how you're playing wouldn't make sense as scum.

About promising content, well i couldn't exactly post until you did your claim shenanigans, and I did just replace in in the middle of the week with classes everyday. I play mostly at night so thats when the content normally comes.

Anyway, I agree our scum is in the 5 VT that was claimed.

Sesc, BMF, Bill Door, me, Kalas, and Blab

@Bill Door: Went through most of his posts, and they have generally little content. He tried throughout the whole last day to get the lynch off of Lungs, and onto Aekiel, who seems to be his only scum read. Bill Door, now that lungs is confirmed scum, who else do you think is on his scum team? and reasons.

@BMF- he also tried to avert the Lungs lynch, but way more openly and brazenly then BD did. I don't think that makes him more likely to be scum, but I'm almost positive 1 of him and BD has to be scum.

@ Sesc, even though I have only done a close reread of BMF/BD, Sesc hasn't seem as clear to me as he seemingly is to the rest of you. Though, Him hammering lungs throughout the first day makes me want to lynch BMF/BD first today, but i'm not going to discount bussing.

Kalas, well... I don't think he's scum, but I don't remember reading anything that would make me feel that way. When I have more time tonight I will go through his posts, but him being in the middle of the whole Lexicat this is making me feel town

BY THE WAY, even if Lexicat is a third party, I don't necessarily believe Kalas is also a third party. In fact, if Lexicat is a third party i'm almost certain Kalas isn't. But yea at this point im fairly certain Lexicat is a third party, mostly because she's so sure that only 2 mafia remain in the game, and as town I don't see how she'd know that.

Right, anyway I will probably be busy until later tonight, but i'll check in and post from my phone whenever possible.

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Any 2/3 of BMF, Aekiel and you. Reasons are that they are the only ones left who aren't confirmed town or a strong town read for me.

6. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Are you people dense?

If you really think with the amount of town power we have, that there are only 2 scum in a 13 player game, you must be.

---------- Post automerged at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Also, I'd like you guys to do the math on 4 scum in a 13 player game. That's a 9:4, for those paying attention.

You have two mislynches at maximum, assuming other role interactions.

That's incredibly scum favored.

---------- Post automerged at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I'm feeling really bitchy right now cause some people were jerks to me, so I'm not really in the mood to like, hold someones hand through this. Sorry.

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Actually, remind me after this game to like, talk to you guys about some basic mafia theory, if you're willing.

I'm much less of a condescending cunt when I'm not playing a game! I promise~!

7. blab

blab Second Year

@Lexicat:

People- what a bunch of bastards.

You still need to color your vote, btw.

I understand assuming 3 mafia's, the only things I don't understand are why you
    a) assume Prophylaxis is going to live through the night
    b) say Aekiel is basically townfirmed
    c)this causality:
    There is 0% chance that scum have no power roles. So the scum are inside those 5 VT claims, guaranteed.

8. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

a) I was wrong, I forgot there was a roleblocker (and it's something I should have realized).
    b) I'm almost 100% positive with the setup I see so far, that bodyguard claim is real and town, because of C.
    c) Because since the scum MUST have power roles, the claimed Bodyguard is unlikely to be scum, especially since one of them is an RB.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    With two oneshot roleblockers I actually would consider claiming Bodyguard a fairly safe fakeclaim. All it would take to work would be roleblocking/'protecting' the town power role and hitting a secondary target.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Going to look at Bill Door in the morning, then post final thoughts before Day ends.

Aekiel's bodyguard claim adding onto the three PRs kind of rubs me the wrong way, but I'm modgaming.

I'm good with lynching bmf.

11. Sesc

Er, what two oneshot roleblockers are you talking about? Only Prophylaxis can jail once, as far as I remember. Do you mean the Mafia roleblock or what?

I considered a fake claim, yeah. But in that case Aekiel can't actually "protect" someone, because he would have to die instead -- all Mafia could do is claim he was roleblocked, or that he protected the wrong person. That works, I suppose, but the former makes the actual roleblock useless -- e.g. Lexicat would have to be free to do her thing -- and the latter looks suspicious.

I dunno. I'm in the same boat as Prophylaxis. It does seem a little much. But then again, I never tried to balance setups, so what do I know.

It also kinda depends on what happens with BitMyFinger. In a world where he isn't Mafia, I would look that much more closely on Lexicat/Kalas/Aekiel.

Incidentally, where is he (BMF)?

12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I'd take a closer look at a jwlk/Sesc scumteam if BMF flipped town, tbh.

13. Sesc

Well, I guess it also depends on what happens in the night. Aekiel dead/alive, your cure thing etc. And obviously you wouldn't look at yourself, but are sure you know who Kalas and Aekiel are?

14. Sesc

BitMyFinger, since you're online: I'd like your comment on #289 (the votes). What was that about?

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm taking BMF's radio silence as an admission of guilt.

16. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well it worked so well for Lungs.

17. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Gah. I was making a post for Sesc before class but didn't have enough time.

Yeah, I've been pretty sure I'm going to get lynched, and seeing all the arguments has been discouraging me. I'll be the first to admit that most of it is being a newby. I wanted to lay out my reads and arguments on the computer, but I will try to start it now.

Both lynches were tied close to the deadline, and that's never good. The first one everyone was posting simultaneously and so I was just trying to get it out of that. The second one, I just did it myself. And as for the second post vote, I got duped by font.

Bill Door has been giving me that scum vibe, and it has been pretty constant throughout the game. Hm, in regards to that thought, I might pair him up with Sesc. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about lexi and kalas.

I hate to be the promiser of content, but I have this test tomorrow that actually decides what I do with my next four to eight years, so yeah, forgive me for promising it. Sorry if this looks like an admission of guilt.

18. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Note:

Day end soonish, but I will not be home at day end.

Please stop posting when timer reaches zero.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Really have no idea how a post like this is allowed to fly. The only confirmed town, from my understanding, is proph. The only thing you've posted resembling content is saying that aekiel is scummy and sesc isn't, not even givin out reasoning any.

You couldn't even bother commiting to which two peoe are scum out of three people.

vote bill door

I can't color because I'm on my phone walking back from class, sorry.

---------- Post automerged at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

And well, with an hour left I'm not exactly hopeful for a switch. I see BMF scummy, if slightly less so, but hopefully the people who said they would look over BD's post, if not today, actually do it by tomorrow

20. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Two Ends!

Another day draws to a close, but the crew returns to the ship, not finding any leads as to who aided in the sabotoge, or who could have killed their crew members.

They prepare to board for the evening, when they hear footsteps behind them.

A voice shouts out a greeting, but unfortunately, some of the crew have quick trigger fingers as a result of the paranoia.

Oops.

Sorry about that buddy.

BitMyFinger has been lynched.

Vote Count 2.2
    BitMyFinger (3) Blab, Sesc, Lexicat
    Sesc (1): Prophylaxis
    Bill Door (1): Jwlk

Abstaining (4): Aekiel, Bill Door, BitMyFinger, Kalas

With 9 alive, it was 5 to hard lynch and 3 to soft lynch.

Moderator Note:
    Night will end in either 18 hours, or when all night actions that may or may not exist are submitted.​