1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

In past mini-mafias, scum were not informed when they were investigated. However, if their night kill failed they could guess (and usually guess correctly) that the doctor had blocked them. Having everyone's likely protect targets out in the open jeopardizes the doctor in that situation.

In the meantime, the doctor is trying to outguess the mafia which we can help by not overcomplicating it with WINE.

Unvote
    Vote Aekiel

Really? The "pistols at dawn" spiel again?

2. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What if I told you that I was Summer Glau in real life?

Vote Riley Poole just because

3. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Right. Thoughts on the first page:

1-fontisian is right: Aek challenging people to duels can mean only one thing: he's Atherton :sherlock:

Vote Player: Aekiel

2-Really, Riley? :facepalm

3-Not a fan of any question involving roles.

I'm a little caught for time at the moment but I'll post more later in the evening.

---------- Post automerged at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

EBWOP: Vote Player Aekiel

4. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Not at all, but some discussion was had in the QT of the previous game that Mafia on DLP was based on assumptions of meta data regarding players and their actions previously. I'm attempting to become a better Mafia player so I'm going to only analyse what was said in context of this game.

Bitmyfinger: I know that, but there's always a way to read the lame jokes and puns and analyse them as well. The fact that you're so affronted could be read two ways. Combined with specific targeting makes me think scum.

Blab: How am I being vague? Please explain using small words like I'm five. I explicitly stated my thoughts so far.

Lungs, you can't be Summer Glau because I want to be Summer Glau. We can't both choose her. You can be Jewel Straite if you want though.

Caesar: Facepalm all you want, I'm attempting to finally win a fucking game since I'm tired of always being on the losing side. If that means attempting new things, then I'm gonna do so.

As for those not like the early start, deal with it. I'm trying my best to get better at this game. This is one way I could think of to do it.

Vote: Caesar for trying to follow the crowd after three others already pointed out the same stupid shit. Find another way to get chummy with town.

5. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Proph: I think you're missing the point. The point was to diffuse the pointing fingers and then go off into pointlessness, thereby pointing out that having a point is pointless.

Besides, I'm not here to pointlessly rub people the wrong way, because that's how you get lynched, and being dead is bad.

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Addendum: Wait, what gave you the idea I was so affronted? I pointed out a flaw in your reasoning and then stated that it could easily be a scum trying to look town by calling it suspicious. Here, have a lynch vote.

Vote Riley Poole

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    At work so this will have to be quick.

I'm willing to give Riley the benefit of the doubt for now. He's only ever played as though he was deep scym, so I applaud any attempt on his part to change styles. I'll hold off on judging whether he's scum or not until we've got se decent posts to look at.

Aaaaand back to work.>_>

7. Lungs

High Score:
    My vote stands, Riley.

After all I'm the only asian one here. Whore.

8. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Vote: Lungs

Summer Glau isn't even Asian.

9. fontisian

You two can fight over Summer Glau, but leave Jewel Straite out of it. I will be Jewel Straite.

Caesar: Why jump on Riley?

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Fuck all of you guys. Jewel Staite is mine, none of you can even spell her name right.

11. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Font, what is your opinion of that tactic?

12. fontisian

It's a better massclaiming tactic than anything I've thought of before. Some problematic parts could be 1.chosing who would go first and 2.making the decision to mass claim in the first place.

13. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Did I jump on Riley? I was just a little exasperated by his "Day 1 sucks" post. I understand and respect his attempts to up his game but trying to analyse people's play in post #15 of the thread strikes me as a somewhat inefficient way to go about it.

14. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

This post is rather ... Pointed 8)

15. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

That was the point.

16. Caesar

Caesar First Year

No. There will be no Caine oneliners in this thread while I still draw breath.

Unvote

Vote Player: Bill Door

17. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Maybe affronted was too strong of a word, but my main though still stands.

Caesar: Would you rather I say stupid jokes and puns and attempt to play around or actually play the game? I can understand the exasperation at the whole "Day 1 sucks" thing but actually state that instead of attempting to give your vote real meaning.

I still think you're scum for the mere fact that my full attempts to help town are being shot down because "day 1" by yourself.

---------- Post automerged at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Also diffusion of suspicion by rescinding to give yourself a joke vote so you can hide that first vote is still suspicious.

18. Caesar

Caesar First Year

I never voted for you Riley. I had a joke vote on Aekiel, which I then rescinded so I could place another joke vote on Bill Door.

19. Lungs

High Score:
    Why are people overreacting to RVS :\

20. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Because reasons, lungs. :D