1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Okay, people I don't like so far:

Aekiel: Already said this. Gonna keep my vote on him

Fontisian: I don't like that weird discussion about mass claiming she tried so start early on. It looked to me like she was trying to bait someone into saying something derpy for an easy day one lynch.

TMNTurtwig: For being even more inactive than I am, and being weirdly focused on Lungs when he does post.

Caesar: Too much talking about mechanics and not enough talking about people.

2. blab

blab Second Year

That was your reason for voting Aekiel, which only makes sense if Sesc is scum, too. But you don't mention Sesc as suspicious now. So, yeah, what's up with that?

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Sesc has since posted stuff that makes me like him more, Aekiel has not.

4. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Basically I'm voting TMNT because -explain yourself-.

Really tho.

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I see you lurking.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, this has gone way worse than I intended it to, so I guess I'll explain my actions over the course of the day. See if there's been some misinterpretation somewhere.

First off is my defence of Riley. I get that he's scummy looking. I get that he made a really shitty first post, but that's not why I defended him. He's trying to improve his game and we have a definite history of lynching derps on day one. I wanted to at least let him get a day or two's worth of game time out of this, to see if this new style actually works better than his old one, as I said in my first post. That's it. It's the same courtesy I extend to new players, which is why I didn't put a vote on Blab for his doctor stuff.

Secondly, questions. The first few posts I made were from work. I have 10 minutes and 20 minutes break time, which I used (after eating) to post. Doesn't exactly make for the best of questions, but that was never the purposes of them. I just wanted people to put opinions down; ones that we can look at later and decide on whether they're scummy or not.

I've already stated that I think Day One is effectively random (at least on DLP), so all of my questions/pressure/statements have been made with the goal of being used on Day Two+, when we have more info to work with.

Thirdly, my attempt to pressure Sesc was exactly what it looked like. An attempt to pressure him. We don't exactly have much to go on and I wanted Sesc to post. It worked, for the most part. It got some discussion going, even if most of it was pointed at me.

Fourthly, my read wall. Apart from Bill Door and Lungs (who had 1 serious post and none, respectively, at the time) I put a lot of time and effort into it and it reflects my view of the state of the game at that point. If I focused Caesar's posts into D1 lynch discussion, that's only because his posts up until that point were about it. One of his posts was a response to me, which was decent enough, but our main talking point had been the D1 lynch.

Damn, got to go. I'll post more later, along with some pressuring.

6. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

@Bill

Maybe I am focusing on Lungs more than the others, but until his (over)reactionary post I honestly just wanted him to post more. My biggest scum reads up to that point were Prophylaxis and Blab. Now Prophylaxis looks town and I'm still not sure what to think of Blab, but at this point he's leaning more town. I'll be able to form a more definitive opinion on him on Day 2.

Aekiel seems like he could be a 3rd party after this question:

Combined with his other generally scummy/bad posts.

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Will post a full read wall at about 7:30pm.

7. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aekiel
    It's the same courtesy I extend to all new players...

This hurts, right in my poor lynch-voted, noob body.

@blab: Being a sarcastic asshole is just my personality, but Riley's ultimate meta defense pissed me off a bit.

Eh, I will post reads tonight after the fair. Right now, I'm fine with lynching my second scummiest read (aekiel) to get to my first (riley). I'll leave with a soft lynch on him.

Rescind Vote
    Vote Aekiel

8. blab

blab Second Year

Argh.
    My point was that your reason for voting Aekiel only makes sense as long as you think Sesc is scum too. Now you think Sesc is not scum but you still vote Aekiel for "giving Sesc an easy way to look scumhunting". This does not make sense and is therefore suspicious.

9. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Ah, I copied the prviewed post and thought it would carry the formatting of the quote. w/e

10. blab

blab Second Year

When you post that readwall I would be interested in what made you flip from seeing Prophylaxis as probably scum to probably town. Because I can't see it.

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    You've played Mafia before. Hell, you've played with Eido before, on a different forum. Given what I've seen of the other forums' version of Mafia, that potentially makes you a better player than the majority of us on DLP.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Aekiel: Could you answer the question I asked you in post 95?

This.
    Bill Door: Could you explain your suspicions of Aekiel, and explain what about Sesc's posts have changed your opinion of him?

Lungs: We were three votes from a hard lynch. Why were you afraid of a quick hammer? And ah, why is your strongest town read a vague "leaning town"?

13. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Offtopic, BMF, what was Eido's username on MotK? :3

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Aekiel: What's your impression of blab? (No long analysis; just your feelings, what you think of his posts, whether your opinion of him changed since the start or not etc.)

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    Sure can, must have missed it during a post reading binge.

My first thought is that I much a much heavier scum emphasis on those who take the assertive position in mechanics talk. It's easier to appear town when you propose a mechanics-based plan than when you're refuting one, since it relies on looking at rules and roles rather than people.

As it is Fishy's first 'towny' post wasn't a mechanics one; it was trying to get your opinion on the tactic. Something you'd curiously neglected to mention when you proposed it. That's trying to get a read on you, not discussing the mechanics.

His third post (which is mostly mechanics talk), was answering a question from Caesar. If anything I'd think that would put more suspicion on Caesar, since his habit of making content-less or mechanics-based posts is the first lesson in Scum Tactics 101.

His fourth is basically a repeat of his third, since Caesar asked the same question with different words.

And his fifth was a summary of Riley's posts that I've already commented on in my readwall.

So I think this is a difference in interpretation, Font. You see Fishy asking for an explanation, I see him asking for an opinion. You see mechanics-based attempts to blend in, I see refutation of that same tactic.

Moving on from that though, I see the post analysis he made against me and the other two votes, which (though I completely disagree with the conclusions) read as a townie-based way of building a case.

On a final note, I don't want to do it, but I will roleclaim at 6 hours before the end of day if I'm still at soft lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

My first impressions were of definite newbie town, and that hasn't changed much. Someone's already mentioned it so there's no harm in doing so again, but it read like a newbie town with a power role asking for advice on how to play it.

Side note: Please don't point out town-tells. It makes life so much easier for scum.

Since then his posts have gotten a lot better, given that they've moved away from mechanics based discussion and on to attempting to read people. His point about Prophylaxis in post #99 is interesting, enough that I'll go through the thread again with scum!Prophylaxis in mind.

His pressure on Bill Door is especially good, since Bill's initial reason for voting for me was rendered moot by later posts.

So, given that:

Bill Door: What are your reads of BitMyFinger and Caesar?

Sesc: Build a hypothetical scum team around me.

---------- Post automerged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Also, the reason I voted for BitMyFinger in the first place was a tenuous link to Caesar. I don't think that exists any more, given his and Caesar's recent posts.

Unvote

16. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Aekiel: I would, but as of right now, you have moved from Mafia to Town. Do you still want me to do it?

Unvote

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Sesc: Who are you thinking about as potential scum then?

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    It could be useful, so I think it'd be a good idea.

19. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Still at the fair, just reading through.

Who the hell do y'all think I am? Seriously, first time, second if you count one post as font's replacement before lungs forfeited the game.

20. blab

blab Second Year

Alright, Lexicat, I am a bit paranoid that all I have on you is that you are probably town if Lungs is scum. So say something about other players. If we couldn't lynch Lungs, who would you lynch instead? What's your strongest town-read?

Also Lungs reads still suck on second read-through.
    Lungs, do you have a stronger townread now than Prophylaxis who is apparently lean-town because he is anti-BitMyFinger, who is scummy because of his conversation with Aekiel? Also say something about the criticism about your bussing/scumteam read. I realise defensiveness is scummy but it's not productive either if it is OK to just ignore pressure.

Would welcome Aekiels thoughts if he actually does the read-through based on the scum-prophylaxis thing to make sure I didn't totally over-analyze.

Three strongest scum-reads are now Lungs, Bill Door, Prophylaxis.
    Aekiel and Fishy Justice still suspicious.

Fishy Justice: You found the Lungs bandwagon "interesting". Why mention that and like that? What is your opinion now?