1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

Except Riley doesn't vote and calls you scum. And you totally ignore him.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

My suspicion of Aekiel was because I thought the things he was saying to Sesc did not seem genuine, nothing he had said between me vote for him and post 103 had done anything to remove my suspicions on him. For Sesc I liked his posts 68 and 92 where he did pressure Aekiel making me think he's probably not connected to Aekiel. It doesn't mean that I still don't think that Aekiel's earlier posts to Sesc seemed off.

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

I'm not a massive fan of BMF, he had a few posts earlier that I thought acted to discourage pressure on people. I don't really like this:

I don't see why he would want to take pressure off of his top scum read to vote for his second strongest read who was already being pressured by other people. It seems bandwagony and counterproductive to me to do that when a lynch isn't imminent.

I already said I didn't like Caesar in post 101, he hasn't posted since then so you can assume that still stands.

---------- Post automerged at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Well it would look a bit suspicious if the entire scum team ignored each other for an entire game. So yeah.

3. blab

blab Second Year

the 4 refers to the number of scum-reads Prophylaxis made...
    I'm frankly baffled by your reasoning.

Alright, explain how that/those post/s was/were off, since the explanation you currently provide is void. How can scum (not genuinely) give town an excuse to seem scumhunting.

@Prophylaxis: Explain your town-read on Lungs.

4. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I refresh the page and a lot of shit happens, but it seems mostly in line with what I was thinking anyways.

Also, when I said a full read wall I clearly didn't know what I was getting myself into so just have the highlights for now.

Town Reads: Lexicat, Fishy Justice.

Scum Reads:

Prophylaxis, Riley Poole, Aekiel(Possibly 3rd party, Probably not.)

Null Reads: Everyone else, there are people who lean one way or the other like Lungs and Sesc leaning Scum. Lungs for his over-reaction to me, Sesc for his swift and brutal response to Prophylaxis without calling him out on anything specific.

Prophylaxis's first post is an RVS on Aekiel with no preamble. His next post defends Riley. He stresses that the day 1 vote isn't random on first read this struck me as a null-town argument, but now it seems like simultaneous distancing from Aekiel as well as trying to stress the vote's importance to Aekiel. He points a finger at Font, BMF, Caesar, and Sesc while placing both Riley Poole and Aekiel near the top of his town list despite not giving any evidence why they should be there. The only person he places higher is me, which I can only assume to be him not wanting to place his actual scumbuddies at the very top of the list. Note: I'm also the only one he gave an actual defence for (I don't think his Riley defence "These are townie words" really counts). Probably because he couldn't legitimately defend Aekiel and Riley. Though even that defense was half-hearted with plenty of room to back track.

He continues to defend Riley as Riley looks scummier and scummier, and he continues to defend Aekiel as Aekiel looks scummier and scummier. He also keeps me at the top of his town list for no discernible reason in his post (#122). When Sesc and BMF vote for him, Aekiel strings together a massive synopsis of Prophylaxis's post as well as giving confusing analysis of said post.

For instance:

What the does this even mean? Does he think Riley is scum or town? I honestly can't tell. I think he's saying the likely scenario is Prophylaxis trying to backhandedly incite a lynch against Riley while looking like he didn't, but if they're scumbuddies this doesn't really make any sense and later on he says that if Prophylaxis is scum then Riley is too.

He calls Blab and BMF his towniest reads despite calling Blab a likely 3rd party (Again Aekiel brings up a potential 3rd party, if he isn't scum then he's probably this).

Then only thing keeping from outright calling Aekiel scum is that his scumlist contains all of my other most likely scum.

So in summary, My read wall (with towniest at the top and scummiest at the bottom):

TMNTurtwig
    Lexicat - town
    Fishy Justice - town
    Fontisian - null (town)
    Bill Door - null (town)
    Blab - null
    Caesar - null
    BitmyFinger - null
    Sesc - null (scum)
    Lungs - scum (null)
    Aekiel - scum (3rd Party?)
    Riley Poole/ Kalas - scum
    Prophylaxis - scum

For these reasons I would like to Unvote. Vote Prophylaxis.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That didn't come across very well, so what I read from it was that you assumed there were four scum in the game. Given that nobody knows with certainty how many scum there are, it seemed strange that you'd be so certain about it.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Like I said, his vote on Aekiel struck me more as a newb!town orientated vote, as using their scum meta from last game and applying that to a new game is a tactic newb!town employ.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Lungs is one of the more experienced players in this game. Does that change your read of him?

8. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I hate being self-depreciating, but I don't think I've ever lived past the third night of any game I've ever been in, font :\

---------- Post automerged at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

ebwodp because I hit post before I even remember what I need post: I'll post in a bit because I just played pokemon for 8 hours and I don't wanna play games of any sort for a little bit >_>

---------- Post automerged at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

because there seems to be some sort of miscommunication in what i skimmed:

@people saying generally untrue things about Lungs :\ : basically I pulled my vote off aekiel because it looked like a quickhammer was incoming and I was (still am) under the impression that votes can be used to pressure people?

Unvote because more satisfied with turtwig.

basically I'll post important things later.

9. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Well, let me preface by restating that it is probably a relic from early game. With that said, what surprised me was the size of the wagon. It hadn't even occurred to me that Lungs was under suspicion. Why? Because there has been zero back and forth discussion about him.

Again, that's likely just a result of Lungs activity level and the progress of the day. It caught my eye, and I wondered if there wasn't more to it.

Hey, a lot of it may be a summary, but I voted for him because of his backtracking from post 59's stance. Mostly because of post 62. It felt abrupt, like Aekiel knew he screwed up. And he compounded his defense on that stance in further posts, even going so far as to call Caesar scummy for post 60, which I wasn't seeing.

unvote: Aekiel

That said, I like Aekiel a bit more for post 115.

10. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

@BillDoor: The Riley pressure wasn't doing anything really. It seems now it's due to RL issues. Basically I was trying to keep steady pressure on Aek, see how Riley would react to the pressure on scumbuddy. Aek stepped up to the plate and started looking a bit less scummy. Curious that Kalas's first post was to Aekiel alone.

That said, I would like you to tell what you think of Proph. Also explain your Aek read, because it seems like your whole read is based on a sesc team. Looks like distancing a little. ('off' doesn't really explain it to me.)

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

This is the exchange i found off.

The initial question was fairly generic and imo not likely to lead to any useful information, so normally I would assume it was just to encourage Sesc to post. But when saying why he asked that particular question says, "Also you're generally pretty good with gut instinct stuff,". Now with this as his reason I think he is throwing Sesc an easy question he knows Sesc could answer well, which is the sort of thing I've done before on day 1. Thus making himself look good for promoting discussion and Sesc look good for his answer.

However, I think if Aekiel was town he would't have answered when Sesc asked why that question, he would have just said answer it. And then I think he realised that and tried to rectify it, otherwise he would have told Sesc to give him an answer in the same post as giving his reasoning.

12. blab

blab Second Year

Well, this does make sense, ... logically. However, I think it's rather weak. Because
    a) Generally voting for some because he posted two things in two post inside of an hour instead of one post is weak.
    b) I am town and have answered when other people (i. e. Caesar) asked why I asked a certain question. Why wouldn't he answer it? So I can very easily imagine him just answering the question and in a later break posting " I still want an answer, btw". It just does NOT feel unnatural for me.

I would like somebody (preferably a native speaker) to say something about this. Because right now this feels more like an excuse than a reason for a vote.

13. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Votes:

Prophylaxis(4): Sesc, BitMyFinger, Blab, Fontisian
    Lungs: (2) TMNTurtwig, Lexicat
    BitMyFinger: (1) Prophylaxis
    Aekiel: (1) Bill Door
    Caesar: (1) Riley Poole/Kalas
    Bill: (1) Caesar

Abstaining: Fishy Justice, Aekiel, Lungs

So there are sixteen hours left.

It's late, so I'm going to be brief for now. I would not mind lynching Proph, Lungs, or BitMyFinger. I'll check back in the morning.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Read and caught up. Also prolly going to be working straight till deadline. I'll post when I can!

Bill is town. blab looks good. TMNT needs to be a person. Lexi is all of the non-aggression. Aekiel is wtf. And Lungs is scummy.

@Lexi: Read Proph's posts. Do your thing.

15. blab

blab Second Year

You flipped TMNTurtwig and me.

So it's:

Prophylaxis(4): Fontisian, Sesc, BitMyFinger, TMNTurtwig
    Lungs: (2) Blab, Lexicat
    BitMyFinger: (1) Prophylaxis
    Aekiel: (1) Bill Door
    Caesar: (1) Riley Poole/Kalas
    Bill: (1) Caesar

@Kalas: Elaborate on your town-read on Bill, please.

16. Koalas

High Score:
    Elaborating on a town read does what now?

17. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I wish this forum has an isolation feature, wherein I could look at a single person's posts in a thread in isolation.

Would help me a lot.

brb reading Prophyl

---------- Post automerged at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

NVM I FOUND IT I'M A GOD.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Go to the Little Italy subforum, find our thread, then click on the number under replies.

19. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Town. Town mindset, town intent, town stupidity.

Nothing in his motives speaks to being scum, in any form.

So, yeah. People should move their votes elsewhere, preferably onto Lungs.

20. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Lexicat, could you explain why you think Lungs is a better target than Prophylaxis?