1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It's because you ignored #68 and that's your biggest scumtell.

I think her case on Prophylaxis is good. I'm content to let her do her thing for now.

2. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    To put words to it you're saying as scum he doesn't follow up on banter he initiates? Or just drops things too easily in general?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I think he's saying it's bad that I ignored a post where he referenced one of my scumgames, because it could indicate that I was too self-conscious to do so, making me more likely from his POV to be scum.

Is this correct?

I didn't ignore it, so much as I got caught up responding to other things and it slipped my mind.

---------- Post automerged at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

Because, to be honest, I don't have /that/ many good scumgames on MS.

Like. There are only two I'm proud of. And in one of them, I was basically a Neutral.

---------- Post automerged at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

Also I'm procrastinating on studying for my last final exam by learning how to play the piano, so. I'll look at the Proph wall Eventually.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Yup. That's a good response. Based on your other posts (like this one right here, ^), I townread you. But I get what Delphine was saying in #158.

5. Delphine

Delphine First Year

That is probably the case! I can edit me speculating on it out of my QT if you'd rather I wasn't a tattletale. :b I did go reread this game in the context of that but I don't think it had a net effect on my read on you. I am wondering why you weren't more assertive with von sooner if you thought that he had done his "biggest scumtell."

Reluctant to link this b/c lol @ my username but http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=25771 is probably the most useful link for you. And that's even limited in its usefulness because it was so long ago. I had signed up for the game weeks in advance (it was organized in a special way) before I knew I was going to have a "minor" diagnostic surgery that, uh, was a lot worse than expected, so etc. But I haven't had a "real scum game" since, really.

Are you confident in your Jan read? Has anything else contributed to it? And also, how are you feeling about the game in general?

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Thanks for the link. I'll read up on it.

Well as you said I don't tend to read him well so I shouldn't be too confident about it. And I didn't care for his latest post, but articulating why isn't very easy. It basically boils down to although I was thinking almost all the same things, I didn't really think it necessary to say any of it at the time. I should like it, but something isn't sitting right, idk.

Kind of curious to see how he responds to Rubicon, who just replied "^scum" immediately after the post. Mentioning what I think about Rubicon or how I would expect Jan to react may take some of the value out of it, so I'll refrain for now.

I've liked snowvon for pressing on Newcomb and he's come across as pretty casual but I don't know if I buy the whole 'just pushing and voting on Proph for him (and everbody else) to get info" bit. idk if he expected such a case to come from fonti to encourage that wagon to take off, and I also don't care for his unvote without having read the latest Prophylaxis posts. They didn't take long to read and it seems more like he hasn't truly been evaluating Prophylaxis and isn't ready to talk about it. Curious to see where he goes next.

Have some slight leans from the peripheral players but I like focusing on a few players typically and reading interactions between those people and others, it's just easier to anchor that way for me.

Other than that the game seems okay so far. If anything I expected it to be a bit more active, but it was the weekend and I know people are busy at this time of the year.

I liked your thinking that you've been spewed town already lmao. Do you really think you've been called town by a mafia and if so, by whom?

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

dLGN: to be frank, I don't put a lot of thought into my votes as town. I wanted the wagon to get to five votes, so I did, and then I unvoted because I was voting for numbers, not because I found Proph to be scummy at the time.

Also I'm lazy and decided to do other things for a bit instead of reading Proph's big post.

I agree with this.

Also, I just noticed that Proph went through all the votes on him except for fontisian, which. Why not analyze the vote of the person who made the case? He called it terrible, but didn't give a read on her. Prophylaxis what are you feeling w/r/t fontisian the Stoic?

---------- Post automerged at 03:54 ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 ----------

Hm.

I have this crazy, outside-the-box scumread on fontisian, but it only applies if /very/ specific conditions are met. Otherwise I think she's town?

Kinda want some Actual Content from Storm. Feels like he got townread easily and then dipped UTR a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 ----------

oh, also
    fontisian

What am I?

8. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I don't think I believe you. You agreed with fonti calling out Proph for reading storm town too easily. You've said nothing since that would make me think you actually were null/town on Proph, and now you've fully admitted to not reading Proph's posts.

Kind of seems like either you didn't mean it then, or you don't mean it now. Either way it doesn't seem genuine.

---------- Post automerged at 04:02 ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 ----------

I've been listening to this while reading this game and writing posts, thought i'd share:
    https://soundcloud.com/otaku-gang/sets/life-after-death-star

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't think agreeing with one point has to necessarily = a scumread.

I have read his posts. The only case where I didn't is when I unvoted, and that was only one post I didn't read.

---------- Post automerged at 04:05 ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 ----------

What time zone are you in, by the by?

Since it's pretty late here.

10. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    EST, it's 4AM, yeah. I took a nap earlier.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ah, okay. I'm just really bad at sleeping.

I got paranoid and kicked fontisian/Jan/Storm out of my towncircle. So now it's just you and Delphine.

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

You should put me in your towncircle, Snow.

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I can see why you get along with fonti. You both think you're the bouncer at Club Town XD

14. Newcomb

I'm also bad at sleeping :(

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

lmao, I was scrolling down and actually jumped when I saw your post

It's weird when other people are up at 4 AM with me.

16. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Was this post designed to be as scummy as possible?

17. Newcomb

Disgustingly, I'm actually putting off work.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I say /my/ towncircle, whereas fontisian says /the/ towncircle.

She's much bossier.

19. Newcomb

hang on, I might have an image macro for this

20. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Have you ever been scum with her? I could see the two of you playing well at opposite ends picking off weaker towns from each others' circles. It's a funny thought.