1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Busy in another game (EoD in 1 hour), will respond in fully later, as well as looking for what delphine asked me earlier and i somehow missed out on.

That what you are mentioning is one of my towntells on von, so you either deal with it or not.
    Those carefree nightchats are something he does more as town. Read hannibalmafia day1, the two of us chatted along carefree for a while and ended up making a case on a scum.

My way of readin von for the most part :
    A. his reaction to pressure
    B. his activity level
    C. how much his carefree nature shines through. (this one does not work on fantasystrike or in games with too many people that hate on fluff)

I decided to not engange with him this game, because i wanted to see the carefree part, without me forcing it (i like to force it because it is a lot of fun). He did show it and i read him town for it.

The reaction to pressure part was something i experienced in tinyhunt, where i made a little case on him and read him town afterwards for it.

In our last game i thought his reaction was a bit much (over the top)when i asked him stuff, and fonti defended him afterwards, which made me scumread him a bit, but mal managed to force all the scumminess on himself and i couldnt get back to von until it was too late.

Him being gone until wednesday means i will not vote on him anyway, because that is against the spirit of the game for me (people don't lie about out of game stuff, and since he can't defend himself that would be a douché move). If you think he is scum, try to kill his partner.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Oh. Well, warn me next time you're going to do that, or something. You're very dry, sometimes it's not always easy to tell.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'll add a /sarcasm tag to every joke I write from now on, just for you. /sarcasm

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    oh fuck don't do this to me newcomb LOL... that was an obvious joke, too >_<

---------- Post automerged at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

interesting response from jan. I like it.

still going more proph/snowvon/rubicon for now.

will say I didn't get the townreads on the storm reading live or upon reread. I don't see anything that isn't incredibly easy to do/say as mafia? anyone want to articulate their townread on the storm for me?

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Regardless. The way you two are the scary world is the way you've tag-teamed and shaped the narrative, not because of one joke Fonti made or didn't make. It's something I've been thinking about for a while, that just reminded me.

Buuut fonti/dLGN requires a degree of coordination to make your interactions look as natural as they have that's pretty ???, especially when I know fonti favors free form, organic scum play.

---------- Post automerged at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Like, seriously, does no one else see this?

If fonti dLGN Delphine and me are all town, then town is dominating the narrative and scum are shoved into the background and they're facing whatever the mafia equivalent of a build-order loss is right now, because PoE.

"Hey remember that game where we solved the entire thing halfway into D1?" - said no one.

It just feels too easy.

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I'd high-five fonti but she'd probably yell at me and get scared. ^__^

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sometimes it is that easy. Was looking over old games, Narutomafia in particular, fonti had a PoE list about ~330 posts in. 6 people. It had the whole scum team, the third party and TMNT I think? Was really funny to see post game.

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Also I'm here and (re)caught up. For what it's worth Loch and Del belong in the towncircle baring shenanigans. Jan's a solid townlean baring a large reset. Snow's alright, I think fonti's just reached her senpai threshold.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Popping in to say that a fontisian/dLGN team would literally make me cry. Also bumping up Newcomb to a townread for considering that team, because it's something I've been tossing around ever since dLGN dumped me and started mind-melding with fontisian.

Back when I said fontisian is only a scumread if certain conditions are met => that condition is 'Storm is also scum with her'. For Reasons. It's a Thing, and if I ever die, the Thing will become very apparent but I'd rather that didn't happen. I haven't looked at a colored-in votal to see if the team makes sense, but Storm/fontisian/dLGN is my #hellcoven.

Also, the quick version of my response to fontisian's case: bad questions aren't alignment indicative for me (in American Gods, fontisian also shat on my question-asking), it's only directed at you because I love you, you're seriously going to attack my post count when it's finals week??, I'm not 'setting anyone up', I wanted clarification, was joke, I literally voted to be the fifth vote and then unvoted because I wasn't committed to killing him. That last one I'll admit was bad play on my part, but I'm town so I don't care, I'll do better next time.

I can flesh out my thought process more if requested, but otherwise, zzz. It's like the more I play with fontisian, the more determined she is to misread me.

I'm okay with lynching Proph, it seems like he isn't bothering to fight it?

Townreads (discarding #hellcoven) are Newcomb, dLGN, Jan, Delphine, and maybe Rubicon. List needs to be refined, hopefully before deadline. I want fontisian to be town but I also don't want to get steamrolled again.

Snowvon
    ---
    Newcomb
    Jan
    Delphine
    Rubicon
    ---
    dLGN
    The Storm
    fontisian
    ---
    LochNess
    Koalas
    ---
    Prophylaxis
    KaiDASH

I'm fencing off dLGN/Storm/fontisian in their own little bubble until I can decide what to do with them. I cannot remember /anything/ LochNess has said or done. Koalas had one post I haven't even read yet but apparently it's super town, eh. Kai is just sort of there, he's been even more UTR than usual.

Oh, dLGN, at one point you accused me of encouraging/wanting fontisian and Rubicon to tunnel each other?? Incorrect. I made a meta jab at them for something they normally do regardless of alignment. I can't see how you could interpret that as encouragement.

Anyway, if I get wifi on the train I'll post more tomorrow (probably not, because Amtrak is hell), otherwise 'til Wednesday. This is all the content you're getting from me until then, so I tried to make it +useful/clear.

I'll check the current votes and put my vote on Proph, I don't think we're anywhere near hammering but better safe than sorry and junk.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Delphine
    LochNess

Fontisian
    Jan
    dLGN
    Newcomb

Snowvon

The Storm
    KaiDASH
    Rubicon

(Vote) Prophylaxis

Colors and shit. I think fonti's case has merit and by far the most informative lynch.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

okay, this'll be the sixth vote of nine needed to hammer

Vote: Prophylaxis

if he flips scum, I think fontisian/dLGN nightmare can be dispersed, which would be (y) and then dLGN can grow up to be a real townread. fontisian can keep her distance because that's the price you pay for being crafty

if he's town, I cry every time and witches shall burn. also I'll feel really bad for mislynching Proph when he hasn't played here in a while

---------- Post automerged at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

okay just kidding, I am the seventh vote

Hi Koalas

11. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Oh I understand it's meta but since I don't read it as you accusing them of being off their game for it I have to wonder about what the motivation for posting that is. It didn't really read like a joke, either. So I'm left with it probably just being to try and start something?

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

let's say you have two friends who fight a lot, usually in jest

at one point, you notice they're interacting with each other sans yelling

so some smartass pipes up and goes 'mom and dad aren't fighting?? are you two feeling okay?'

that kind of joke

13. Koalas

High Score:
    What's this in regards to?

14. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Kalas will you tell me more about KaiDASH?

15. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:

16. Koalas

High Score:
    Lovers vibes. But that game was so -effort that all the vibes in the world will never get him above null.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I read it as more an actual question because in this setting everybody is always talking about being worried about fonti. Seemed more likely that you were displaying or feigning concern than making a joke, and I stand by that interpretation. I think you'd be more overt about it if you were kidding, somehow. But I could be wrong.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Considering this is our first game together, I agree, you could be wrong!

19. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    KaiDASH is my black horse mafia atm. I liked where Koalas put him on his list.

No independent analysis. Puzzling vote on Rubicon. More commentary than content. No effort to discern anybody's alignment.

Sure, could see him as mafia.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

-townpoints for that Garcia there

---------- Post automerged at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

oh jk Koalas answered