1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I asked this like a day and a half ago and you promised to explain.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------
    the_Storm /10chars

---------- Post automerged at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Can't figure out how to ping you.

2. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I am a sad penguin.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

5. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

That was explained. Does this thing have an way to see my own post? I can quote it. But it was that the rankings overall means nothing it's more about the color I put them in.

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I still wanted you to talk more about those two and you said that you would be happy to oblige?

---------- Post automerged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

How have your reads on them changed, I guess is what I meant to ask and I thought you were going to talk about?

7. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

Snowvon is for (removed). Rubicon feels like he's trying to solve the game, other seems to be saying he would be doing less as scum? IDK anymore I haven't made any proper notes cus during that time (removed).

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

My townread on Storm is feeling a little thin.

Kinda getting a "woe is me" / coasty vibe.

Don't like it.

9. Delphine

Delphine First Year

:? I...don't know how to feel.

10. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

I don't like it either. You gonna vote me for it? I already said it was due to RL issues that are to me and friends. I hate using repeating it and mentioning it in general because it's very not game related. I'm already deciding if I can continue playing so your pot shot is very nice.

---------- Post automerged at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Sorry that was more brash than needed. I'm just slightly tilted right now. I am going to sleep.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Why do you think Jan is unhappy with you giving fonti an 'easy townpass'?

Do you think you're getting ignored?

What are two of the key things that you've talked about which aren't getting their due?

Concerning? Not really concerning (or rather, something to be concerned about)as such, but feeling ignored is definitely something that happens to me in games so I want to work out where Jan is coming from here.

Storm's progressed from newfriend to hassled newfriend so far this game and I'd be hesitant to grill him over that atm since he may be replacing out.

Can you explain why you had the progression you did on fonti?

This post is pretty underwhelming and it seems you know it so whatever.

12. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I don't know. Nothing in that Prophylaxis post made me feel any differently about the game, even though I expected it to and wanted it to make me think. Every single reason he gave for a townread is surface levels of misguided or something I have already thought about. I guess I can empathize with him scumreading me when he doesn't know me at all and I have been cagey this game, but I know he's seen me play before and he didn't even allude to that, which feels lazy at best :?.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I've decided to reread the game since I don't go to bed at normal human hours and will probably be up for the next ~7 hours doing absolutely nothing productive anyways.

If anyone wants to be 4AM buddies again, I'll be around. ;)

14. Newcomb

I don't know, it's probably that he's mafia and doesn't like two players who are traditionally very cagey and hard to read townreading each other, especially when both of us are pretty tryhard. The tone is different, but it might be a TinyHunt5 situation - I get this sinking feeling as fonti and Citrus start townreading each other and making plays, so I kept poking fonti like "hey are you /sure/ about Citrus? Maybe he's fooling you."

Kai why are you even asking me such a leading question?

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I probably will be von?

I mean, in the context of saying that I remind him of him-scum when I'm not a complete stranger and there's been plenty of discussion of me as a person, and if he didn't want to talk about meta he could at least address like, the huge paragraph I wrote about him last night, among several other things?

I'm not used to seeing people just give up though and it's frustrating because I'm just perplexed by the laziness. I just, I want to understand and I don't.

Sorry I'm kind of rambley and incoherent, bad sleep taking a toll.

16. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'd like some more detailed analysis from Koalas before end of day.

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fuck it.

Proph, I'm not lynching Delphine. Can you sell me on Jan?

18. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I'll be around for a while tonight. Then gone in the morning for a bit and then hopefully around again for EOD. Yeah.

---------- Post automerged at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 ----------

I haven't read Proph or Delphine yet from tonight but I saw you quoted me so I'll answer this real quickly.

Don't know much of what to expect from fonti in forum mafia. Her play here is most dissimilar to video, imo, of the three people I've played with (Jan, Fonti, Delphine), for whatever that's worth. I liked her case against Proph and find the things she pointed out to be things that I also push on people for d1, so I would have likely ended up pushing/voting in that direction independently. That said, I didn't see much of anything from fonti herself that was something I felt to be alignment indicative.

That changed with my reread and reinterpretation of her interaction with Newcomb. I was analyzing Newcomb probably the most of all players in this game and when I understood their interaction it was basically lock clearing for both of them. I do not think I will ever vote on either of them this game barring a seer check or something else mindblowing. That interaction was that good. Period.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

1. To a certain extend yes. To be honest i havent thought about it before i made the stuff on newcomb and noone ever cared about it.

Unsure why that happened. Maybe people just don't believe me there, but then they would comment at least. The fact that it gets ignored it odd.

2. Noone talking about the reason i read von town is interesting, because i think several people should share that read.

Newcombs soft defense of Rubicon after attacking von for something similar when interacting with proph would be the 2nd thing that i would prefer to talk about at one point.

The fact that most people don't bother giving a read on me is interesting.
    I have been called town and scum by a few people, with very little reasoning from most of them. (esp compared to other games).

20. Newcomb

Jan that's like the third time you've brought up me soft-defending Rubicon. Is this one of those "if I say it enough times it becomes true" things?

Like. Go read those posts. I was trying to figure out the players I was talking to. Snowvon and I think KaiDASH IIRC. I was asking them about their behavior regarding another player in the game. Trying to grasp their mindset. The third player could have been literally anyone.