1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i'm probably wasting my time. anyway, delphine still reads very town to me. I read the games she posted and the level of analysis that comes across in the questions she asks as scum is far more superficial than when she is town/this game.

specifically, as scum she'll ask a lot of "why x" and make points about something seeming off and inquiring about it, but she didn't seem to ask the kinds of questions she's asked here that are trying to get at certain information. the questions she's posed this game obviously have a certain motivation, even if that motivation is implicit or even a bit hidden. but they're not predominately questions to point out weird things, lightly throw scum, or get people to react defensively.

so yeah, she's still town, too.

---------- Post automerged at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

well fuck, now I'm taking this game too seriously LOL. I've just hard cleared someone incorrectly too many times lately >_<

delphine town, fonti town, newcomb town, snowvon town, i still like prophylaxis as town (fuck me idk), sheeping my townreads mostly and agree that LochNess reads fairly towny and jan is my weakest I-want-to-have-gotten-him-right ?townread.

will try and think about people outside of that group for the rest of this phase.

but first, i'm hungry.

---------- Post automerged at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

basically I feel like I'm lacking things to go on. sure, i'll respond to delphine's post, jan's reads, fonti's reads... but I feel like I'm talking about the same people and don't know how to get at everybody else. if one of my townreads is actually scum though, they're outplaying the town who just aren't standing out to me at all. otherwise I'm just POE lynching, which is what newcomb has been talking about since hours into this game.. and that worries me.

soo yeah. i felt like I was obvious town yesterday and will continue to try and project it best I can, but I try to find town more than scum and am kinda stuck where I am right now.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's why I said it was a weird feeling!

Like. You're obviously feeling weird about it too. I mean it was like 1/3 of the way through D1 and I said something like, "huh this is weird, maybe we just lynch through Jan/Koalas/Rubicon/Proph/KaiDASH and win."

And that was weird! Because no one solves the game that early.

And yet here we are.

So yes, it's weird and badfeels and frustrating because either this game is really easy, and I'm wasting my time, or I'm getting totally snowed by a townread and the quiet people need to step the fuck up.

3. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i mean if I were one of those quiet scum, what the fuck am I doing? is this insurmountable? is pride keeping me posting twice a day but not conceding? wtf

and like I get it. I've fully admitted that you've been saying what I've been thinking the entire time... but, I haven't actually been super concerned about it until now. nothing is changing.. at all... people know where they stand in most peoples' eyes and like... nothing.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ok i cannot not do this, since i just got back to my PC and had all the stuff that i just read earlier still open.

Both posts out of tinyhunt 5. This is calm and collected scum Newcomb. :p

This post is not to take as content, this is only to mock Newcombs statement!

Will try to get some more stuff done within the hour, at least the newcomb hannibalmafia thing, but i might have to play mafia, freakk told me that he is playing (and this might be a hint and delphine and dLGN, maybe!)

5. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    noted ^__^

6. Newcomb

Jan;

lol, toche.

The funny part of that post is you can so obviously tell Waco is my partner in hindsight <_<

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i will say, btw, that another thing that i've leaned Jan more town for than not is his ability to reference other games and even bother to get quotes from them, even if only to make a joke like that, lol...

I know the day phases are super long in this format and you certainly can fake that, but.. that's a lot of work for someone (especially an underactive scum?) who isn't super engaged with the game atm.

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

yo I will be back tonight but fontisian stop ignoring me

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Your questions were already answered.

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

you were being 100% honest with the von scumread yesterday?

11. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    oh another thought - if Jan is scum why is one of the biggest points he rails on about trying to get everybody to realize snowvon is town? if he's lurky mafia with a lurky team, you need to keep the few options you have left open, open.

did he have a PR read that early and he he thought if they could end up clear anyway he may as well get ahead of it to look good? both newcomb and delphine seemed to think it was pretty obvious, though I missed it. i didn't even realize what QT was until late in the day.

I'm such a science nerd the only thought that came into mind after this post was long QT syndrome, QT interval being a part of the cardiac waveform, lmfao..
    "The condition is named for the appearance of the electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG) on which a prolongation of the QT interval occurs. Normally, the QT interval duration is between 350 and 440 milliseconds."
    so like... >5000 had me thinking WTF lol

---------- Post automerged at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

i somehow ended up at that same conclusion re:snowvon, fwiw >_<

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yes.
    /tenchar

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Damn, now my posts won't automerge .. this one should just be an addendum for the newcomb behavior case i talked about earlier.

Read through Hannibalmafia and the closest he got to a post like his sharkpost this game was :

My result is that this behaviour is pretty much new and therefor no meta read applies. (this one is by far the closest because he tells everyone that he will sit back for a bit to get a clear head, similar but for me still very different, but judge for yourself)

I read it as a bit much on the nose, trying to guide a narrative of his own play and i am standing by it.

But I will reread Newcomb fully with a fresh head tomorrow, because I do believe dLGN is town, and Fonti was at least not scummy until she made the worst accusation the world has seen in the last couple of years (the two questions on me, i talked about it earlier).
    And I like him a bit more reading his stuff today (in part because he doesnt have an unexplained over the top townread on fonti. he is cautious, but optimistic, which is a read i can understand from his perspective)

So yeah rereading Fonti next, and Newcomb afterwards or first thing tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes, maybe with some pictures to lighten to mood!

Oh i just remembered Proph asked me why i talk so much about pairs and stuff.
    Honestly it is something stupid i picked up playing and reading a bit much on fantasystrike, i guess. (and another game i am still playing right now on mu)
    Can be useful as soon as you have flips to clear people or see them in a new (more scummy) light.
    Interesting enough the fs games were no flip so it was way more a guessing game with alingning people and hoping they were scum - and in the end people cleared fonti/von for nothing and lost, but i do believe it can be useful, esp in a flip game.

Will give some reads when I am done with those rereads, expect a full set some time tomorrow!

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 ----------

Lets be honest here.

Delphine asked me about it, and me looking for it is just the direct reaction.

Or rather her question about it made me curious if it was a usable meta read one way or another. Everything else was me leaving the tabs open after my roommate got home and had to show me cat videos!

14. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    give yourself a little credit, you've been doing that the entire game. i wasn't talking about just this latest time.

naurtomafia or hanibalmafia or w/e doesn't really mean much to me, but still, you're referencing meta like I am

kind of feeling regret about that flashwagon is all, or something. thought it could be very informative, but.. maybe not. don't know what to do now.

---------- Post automerged at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

also grrr @ this forum stating the automerge post times in the poster's local time for everybody else. it's not 2am yet!

15. Newcomb

Maybe Jan's town, dLGN's town, fonti's town, Snowvon's town, Delphine's town, and we literally have auto.

16. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    this game is strange.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hey jan I was making a post where I was going to lynch you but then I saw a thing maybe.

are you /that/ about /them/?

18. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Hi KaiDASH, i'm going to lynch you unless you claim PR!

IS THIS REAL LIFE?

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

*waves hand*

You do not want to lynch me.

20. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Oh, really? You want to soft a PR after openly role hunting, too? That's fantastic.