1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's just like.

Day is half over, and nothing's really happened. And I don't know how much of that can be attributed to the holidays, which is :/ annoying.

2. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    HEY NOW.. she can have my towncred, I'm pretty certain she's town. you lost 5 townpoints, though XD

also, if the entire scumteam is in the townblock they deserve the win they're going to get and the town deserve the loss, that would be pathetic.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Can I trust u

Idk :(

I want the scum to die oz plz

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Will make a bigger post tomorrow but I wanted to respond to Jan:

I know that they can be useful, but every time I've seen unaligned pairs they're usually just mental notes to yourself or something like that. It seems weird to me that you would spend several paragraphs just to conclude "not scum with proph" and then declare "town!proph worlds".

In your post there, you talk about two out of three possibilities that would result in town me:
    ..but as far as I can tell, you never really commit to one of these options. You just list them out. Do you think I'm town or scum? And if you think I'm town, then how in the world are these "not scum with proph" unaligned pair analyses useful? I don't want a theory explanation as to why they're useful, as I already know that. I just want for you to talk about your mindset as you wrote that post.

Finally - you said that if I am town, there are two scum on my wagon. Who are the two scum?

5. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    maybe :angel:

;)

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah I kinda... sorta think Jan is town?

Unvote

Sigh. Something's still kind of bugging me about the way he's interacting with me. It's just not as... feisty? as I have come to expect from town!Jan.

Then again, I have zero experience with scum!Jan. He was scum in American Gods, but I was the mod that game and wasn't reading the posts on a deep level really.

Although speaking of past DLP games, Jan linking to TinyHunt5 and that quote of me freaking out about Citrus made me so goddamn nostalgic I started looking at old QTs.

And I have to say, this one from Jan is just my favorite:

Lol. I buddied the fuck out of Cobalt that game. "Hugging him until he suffocates." top kek :p

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Paranoia isn't helpful. Do the best you build a townblock, question your thought process as new information comes up, and try not let tself doubt talk you into lynching an obvious town.

8. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    But but... how about just one?? We could throw a surprise birthday flashwagon party. It'd be funny!

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Read through fonti and here is my big problem i have with her, which is completly selfish and regarding myself.

Everything I do not mention is .. like I can agree with her towncircle for the most part, outside of 2 facts, which is good ot the most part. Will talk about that after some quotes and my first problem.

That is basically everything fonti said about me up until the d1 flashwagon.

Note that she sees me pushing newcomb, and doesnt mind it at the start.
    She later on reads him town, and disagrees with my push on him, which is still fine. She can disagree with my push, but the break in her logic comes after that.

When she forms a flashwagon on me with 2 comments/questions that are completly bogus, even from her point of view.

She said before, that I am pushing someone (Newcomb/the person I am voting at the time). And all of the sudden I am doing neither.
    I was the one person at the time who actually was pushing something outside of all the people pushing Proph.

If she had pushed me because I push on one of her townreads, that would be ok, but this push and the fact that not a single soul cared about it makes me really paranoid.
    That thoughprocess should not come to town!fontis mind, because she knows that all she is asking me there is wrong.

That is the big fonti problem, and the worst move she made all game.
    There is a big disconnect in her reads, and I would like some comments on that, because I dont think she is that bad as town.

The 2nd point is concerning her reads.
    While I am fine with all of her townreads (Delphine, dLGN, The Storm, LochNess & Newcomb) - i didnt agree on the newcomb read, and esp her reasoning at the time, but the reads in itself are ok from her perspective.

Her scumread on Von is something i heavily disagree with, and the fact that she never mentioned my reason to townread snowvon, throws me off.
    It was an obvious towntell, and something she should have seen, or at least respond to.

If she actually had read me and had reasons to push on me .. why not iso me and go through the reads I gave?

All this half assed play End of Day 1, that others were happily jumping on to without secondguessing it, leaves a lot of bad taste in my mouth regarding her.

fontisian :
    Why was your whole attack on me a lie? (as stated both of your questions which were your basis were completly wrong, and you know it)
    Why did you never mention my snowvon read or tried to evaluate on any of my reads?

Those are my biggest problems with her at the moment.
    My scumread on her gets slimmer, because she jumped back on lynching proph 2 minutes before the day ends, and the reasoning there felt genuine.

But I want to resolve my questions to actually feel good about her. (others can comment if i am wrong on the points i gave on her, but those are big disconnects which should not be there for town!fonti)
    She should be on a plane right now, others feel free to comment, her answer might take a little while.

Next up looking through Newcomb again.
    Just for proph .. the reason I am looking at those people right now, is to be able to make up my mind regarding these worlds. (If they are actually all town, then the game is close to solved regardles of you lynching me or not)

I will give you my evaluation when I am done with this.

10. fontisian

If you didn't want to be questioned about not doing shit, you should have done shit.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

If you do not have an answer to my question you should not talk.

12. fontisian

Your questions are based on falsehoods and cherrypicked posted. I don't think I need to bother disproving each point.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

You misinterpreted that post. I probably wasn't clear enough. You don't just switch from lynching one scummy person to lynching another scummy person at the last minute, especially when they aren't around to claim.

Koalas is on my list as UTR scum. He seems to be ignoring me, and as far as I know he's not V/LA.

Proph is probably going to be lynched today, but I don't like my vote to stagnate on one person for the entire game.

14. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Um, hi. ._. Some of my, uh, thoughts!! last night inspired a reread for specific players on D1.

KaiDASH has actually posted more than I thought he had, and the most interesting ones to me are these two, because they're kind of conciliatory compared to the others? Like in the first, there's an implication that the other "favorites" of his aren't on the list Newcomb gave, and yet he's choosing to be more agreeable. Second one is the only time he's asked srs questions this game and there's def a reach-out to Jan going on despite Kai not really talking about him before or since. Perhaps someone that knows him better would better know if these are alignment indicative. I am wondering more specifically about his thoughts on Jan though I don't really know what's going on the last two pages/if that's a bad question to be asking, as well as Newcomb and dlgn. And more about his mindset for the early post.

I kinda feel like Jan might feel like he has to defend von as scum? Since I'm not sure Jan's ever really been wrong on him. Perhaps it's still a slight towntell that he was as stubborn about it as he was, since I was in a similar boat with townreading him yday. I also don't think it's accurate that Jan hasn't done anything this game though.

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Like, I can see it being more convenient as scum to give a townlean on von as opposed to more of a "wtf is wrong with you guys," but I don't ever see scum!Jan actually totally agreeing with everyone there.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Falsehoods? Cherrypicked?
    Let me quote everything you did when going after me. Just so we see what i missed. I already know what it is, but you know, for completions sake.
    For the lazy people there is exactly one post i didnt mention that actually contains information, earlier which is :
    Those are not questions asked to me, just statements, some of them empty.

Lets go through them one by one.

Tried to break up me/Newcomb townreads :
    I read him scummy.
    The point is not to break up townread between the two of you, the point is to push my believes, if that breaks you precious little towncircle then it was not strong enough to begin with.
    He gave an empty townread on you. If he wants others to believe him, he better have reasons for it. The fact that he refused to give them makes it seem empty and looks bad on him.
    It was not a slight read, he felt sure that you are town.

not pushing words (i assume it means worlds, makes more sens than you pushing on pure quantitiy) :
    Guess what, you might not have liked it, but i pushed a world, just not one you agreed with.
    This comment in itself was useless, because your comment right before it disproves it.

avoiding voting townie to look good:
    i mentioned several times that i was willing to vote proph if needed, but the wagon on him was pretty big already, and there was no way i bring him in hammer range.
    I am not one who cares about his vote one way or another, it is a tool to pressure people, my vote on proph would have not been any additional pressure, and it would have not made any difference in killing him, if you hadn't decided to go full retard EoD1 (and that was not something to predict, nor did i plan to be absent at the End of Day 1).

Also your townread on proph is gone again .. now you can read me scummy for not voting my partner, which is not something i mind doing, if you look at American Gods Mafia as example. I got credit for every scum dying that game.

has been ignored :
    Not something I can control in any way, i mean i was the one to bring it up.
    (i mentioned the no reaction, which prompted newcomb to ask you about me, which made you realize that you were busy with the interiour design of your tunnel all game)
    If i was scum I would just tell my partners to do something in the gamethread.
    Unless you are mad about town ignoring me, which does not make any sense?!

Let's see .. the people ignoring me most on day 1 were :
    Fontisian. Considering her amount of content, the fact that you only talked about me after it got brought to your attention is .. wait that is you!

Kaidash. Mentioned me/asked me about getting ignored AFTER it got mentioned in the first place.
    But his content before that was a bunch of one liners for the most part.

Rubicon. His "^ Scum" post on day 1 was the only mention of me. I ignored it because i didnt want to be distracted from my case at the time being.

Delphine, dLGN, Newcomb and I had interaction all through the day.

Von read me town early on, and i mentioned why i didnt talk to him during the first half of the day earlier.

Koalas had a low postcount in general, but his first townreads where delphine and myself.

Proph had his weak case on me, and didnt go further into it all game, outside of calling me scum.

The Storm read me town, as you can read when I asked him why he left me out in his readwall (which was because he just copied mine and rearragned some names)

LochNess. We had this talk about delphine after she had n unconclusive read on me.

Just to be sure those are only d1 interactions (before EoD), because nothing else matters for this arguement.

Applying the void space rule the people you could consider are KaiDASH, Von and yourself.
    Maybe Rubicon (if you believe him calling me scum, and me not reacting is something I would do as scum) or Koalas but his day 1 content was slim in general, and he started with townread me from the get go.

Girl you are throwing airball after airball and we are playing soccer.

And now I am done with evaluating on myself, because this is getting silly.
    If fonti does not want to actually react to my accusation, maybe others want to comment, because I am done with it for now.

---------- Post automerged at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

For people trying to read me, here is the last example of me playing, which just ended a few hours ago.
    The Office - Mafia - 27 People - Mashup

My Iso - 92 posts total

fair warning, that game was rather spam heavy, and i didnt play a lot outside of trolling around in the later days, because we stomped the scum into the ground. I was vanilla town.

16. fontisian

Doubtcasting Newcomb's reads and softly prodding him is not pusing worlds.

17. Newcomb

Deadline's in 16 hours.

We're not flashwagoning again.

I want Proph or Rubicon > Jan. Koalas would be a policy lynch, KaiDASH would be a "I can't read this guy" lynch.

Let's consolidate, people.

Vote: Rubicon

I'm currently re-reading the game and don't like how lukewarm / unoriginal Rubicon reads. Will probably finish before deadline but maybe not.

18. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm typing in english, you should be able to read me.

Anyway, I want to lynch Prophylaxis > Rubicon.

I don't want to lynch Jan today because I'm still trying to decide if the thing makes him lucky scum or dud town.

Kalas is always super turbo limp noodle, so it would be a policy lynch.

I feel like dLGN has gotten off pretty light this game but idk. He's posted and interacted a lot so it's just in my head, I think. The lynch isn't going there today regardless so bloop.

19. Newcomb

Hilarious.

If you were not you, why would you townread you this game?

Like. There's something to be said for kind of calm, collected, reasonable play, and you haven't said anything that super raised my eyebrow, but like. What exactly am I supposed to be seeing here that makes me go "oh yeah KaiDASH is town don't worry about it."?

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm here, will work on rereading and stuff for the next ~hour or so.

If anyone is here and wants to talk, let me know.

---------- Post automerged at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

The Storm

Prophylaxis
    Snowvon
    Fontisian
    Newcomb
    dLGN
    LochNess

Koalas
    Delphine
    Rubicon
    Jan
    KaiDASH

Koalas/Delphine/Rubicon/Jan/KaiDASH is where I'm focusing most of my PoE energy right now.

There is scum in font/Newcomb/dLGN/LochNess, but I want to clear the chaff first.