1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Sorry it's my birthday so I can't really be around but I wish I'd gotten to do more Today

Drunk me thought Rubi was scum and so I went through his posts earlier but I still feel indifferent. I'm not gonna like flip out if he gets run up even though I would prefer Prophy

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Why the fuck am I that high in your list?

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote for me, then.

fontisian: The greens all occupy a similar spot in my mind, and I'm monitoring you and Newcomb the most. I think you're town because of the way you approached the read on me mostly.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Wait what?

Like... how is that a town mindset?

Why do you want to PoE when from your PoV we're getting rolled by a consensus townread?

"Hi guys there's definitely a mafia getting widely read as town but let's kill the lurkers / easy ones first" - said no towny ever?

Proph if there's mafia in that group then we absolutely need to kill them toDay, because probably then a town in that group dies in the night, town loses a big voice, and the chance that we never re evaluate is super high.

I say again:

Huh?

Why isn't your attitude that you're going to find a smoking gun and get the sleeper mafia?

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

...This is the way I approach every game?

Out of most town games I've played, I accept that there is probably a scum that sneaked into my townreads somewhere. It's inevitable since I'm not that good at town clearing people as some people are. I accept it and plan to re-evaluate my townreads late game.

My play as town is to catch the easy scum first - the people that I'm behaviorally reading as scum - then use their interactions/vote analysis to root out the sleeper scum in lategame. (Currently trying to change my townplay based on my postgame comments in the Invitational, but this is what you get for now).

Why?

Do you honestly think we're going to be super paranoid and lynch one of the consensus townreads Today to root out the sleeper scum?

If a townie in that group dies in the night, then I think that's fine. It will quell my paranoia about you or fontisian possibly outwitting me and I can re-evaluate. If say, we lynch from the bottom pile and someone flips town, then someone townie dies in the Night, then why aren't we "never re-evaluating"? I re-evaluate 100% of the time in that scenario.

Why don't you think it's a town mindset?

6. Story Content: Votecount 2.2
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Votecount 2.2

Official Votecount 2.2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Prophylaxis (2): KaiDASH (#603), Fontisian (#633), Delphine (#707)
    KaiDASH (1): Prophylaxis (#550)
    Koalas (1): Rubicon (#632)
    Rubicon (1): Newcomb (#697)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (6): Jan, Koalas, dLGN, LochNess, Snowvon (#679)

With 11 alive, it takes a majority of 6 to lynch. If 8 votes are placed on a single player at any time, day will immediately end with a hard lynch.

Day 2 ends in 14 hours: Day End

Modnotes: I'm worried the game is going to slow down drastically over the Christmas weekend. Please post your thoughts on what you'd like me to do about this so I can make a decision that seems pretty fair to everyone/consensus

Ex: A) Pause the game for a few days to skip over that weekend
    B) Make that in-game Day longer to compensate for the holidays and reduce the posting requirements a bit for those holiday days
    C) This train stops for NOTHING
    etc.

***in your QT's

My bad if you already voted Delphine, I can look for it later (only had a few minutes) and Happy Birthday!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  7. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Prophylaxis

Thought I already voted?

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@Mod: I'm going to be away for most of Christmas, so pausing the game would be ideal.

9. Newcomb

... I don't know.

I just feel like if I were in your shoes and I was really VT, then the game is a bit bleaker than it appears. I'd want to pick my shot, push as hard as I can, and just go down fighting for the world I believed in or something.

Like, let's say we lynch Rubicon and he flips town. I feel like we're less likely to re-evaluate. "Oh maybe it was Proph after all." "Oh looks like Koalas is the classic lurker scum." It just seems super vulnerable to chain lynching.
    Citrus;

Extend the Day would be my preference. I'll probably go dark for at least Christmas/Christmas Eve.

Pausing would be fine too.

10. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Prophylaxis

mistakes were made

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Did you guys collectively forget how to vote correctly, or.

Also I'm in favor of pausing the game.

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    um, yeah, oops

Vote: Prophylaxis

I will be a little busy this weekend and then traveling to Vermont for a few days on the 23rd-...27idk. I'll have internet access, but it isn't the best, and cell service is worse.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Newcomb: So you're accusing me strongly that my post isn't a town mindset, then when I ask you to explain you're unsure? :/

The game is definitely bleak and from gut-reads on page 2 I'm actually inclined to think that two people are scum from who I've towncleared, and one is actually in the PoE pile. Without any scum flips to go off on, though, it's difficult.

I'd definitely want to question the others in my PoE pile more, but I'd re-evaluate in that scenario.

14. Newcomb

I guess? It was less of an accusation and more of a "how does this even make sense" type thing.

Why did you read it as an accusation?

Guilty conscience? ;)

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Generally "how is this a town mindset" is an accusation.

16. Newcomb

No, I really wanted you to explain it to me.

---------- Post automerged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Proph, don't you get that you're the lynchpin of this game, no pun intended?

If I can figure you out, I can figure out this game I think.

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm just trying to reread and challenge my earlier assumptions. If I get townread for that, then great. If I don't, then it'll be up to me to explain why I'm town and make you vote for someone I think is scum.

18. Newcomb

Yeah, I like the second one of those options better. <_<

God damn it I wish I had never read the Invitational. I don't think I'll ever be able to shake my "IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN" thing where you stumbled badly, early, and then recovered based on calm, collected ProphThoughts.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Just look at how crafted those posts were vs the ones I'm posting right now. Every post I made was carefully constructed to look town. The posts I'm doing right now are more off the cuff, more stream of consciousness.

20. Newcomb

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Proph.

Proph if I give you $10 will you just tell me how hard you're laughing at me in scumchat and who your partners are :facepalm