1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Uh. Maybe you'll hate me for saying this, but that's a bad reason to townread me. It's like the exact reason Citrus cleared me in TH5: "I don't think Newcomb could have kept up this level of genuine reactions for so long as mafia" or something like that.

What reads of mine do you disagree with, exactly? I don't mind telling you I sympathize with feeling depressed and / or bad about this game. I can't shake the feeling that I'm just incapable of getting the blinders off, and to combat thst I'm trying to just put out all the thoughts I have and kind of hope that someone can pick up the baton and do something with it.

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I do wanna say that Rubicon saying "^scum" to Jan should not clear them as partners whatsoever. Have seen him do that to someone he was scum with before (albeit that was a weird game) but esp given his playstyle this game it's null as fuck. For a while I was curious about Jan trying to bus Rubicon while burying town-Newcomb with him, though Jan's changed his stance surrounding that a lot Today and in general I'm liking his analysis today. idk?

---------- Post automerged at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

But I read along with that game and I wasn't actually townreading you. I wanna believe :/

3. Newcomb

You might have a point there w/r/t Jan/Rubicon. I dunno. I think you and fonti both have a point, really, in that the anti-alignment pairs I put together are probably reaching somewhat. Because when I tried to use them it did seem to really narrow things down into kind of stupid teams.

Jan/Rubicon specifically though, combined with Jan's Rubicon voting thing toDay ehhhhhhhh. AGM hard bus, anyone? Fuck, maybe?

I dunno lol it's probably just Rubicon/LochNess/X because LOL @ LochNess's extreme overreaction to the cop!dLGN thing.

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Uh. I mean I don't want to argue playstyle stuff with you which is where some of it is coming from. I think you're being overly harsh on Rubicon's Prophy trajectory. Though I also think you could happen to be right that he's scum because he's not being town? The main one is that I super dislike Kai rn and to a lesser extent fonti and can totally see them together, when all of your posts today have expressed the exact opposite sentiment?? As mentioned, gonna try to put that into words next. I'll look back into Rubicon and Loch - I remember I was tempted to read them as unaligned just for Loch focusing on him so much but couldn't rule it out as distancing.

5. Newcomb

Yeah that's not exactly a strong case for unaligned. I just feel like it's too obvious. Kinda like dLGN/fonti, like are they just openly howling ITT for no reason, winking at each other and shit?

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    the winking was kaidash/fonti iirc, but I definitely virtually high-fived her or some other stupid shit at some point

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

You can't be serious?

'what motivation would I have as scum to do that?'
    >implying town

This isn't usable at all as something we can read you by.

I think you're weighing your unaligned with Rubicon reads too highly.

If Jan/Rubicon/X (where X is NOT one of you/font/dlgn) is the team, then that team was in a lot of strife going into day and desperate measures would be the name of the game.

Thanks!

I mean, obviously this is wine but I feel you just let this slide as scum and not make a reply like this.

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

"I honestly wonder when Citrus is finally going to figure out that my specific mannerisms aren't alignment indicative and I do what I want to. Not this game, apparently." ~ Town fonti in TinyHunt 5

is what I tend to think of regarding a lot of quips like that?

There's some stuff I like about fonti - her reads haven't stuck out as disingenuous, plus various reaction tests she's done. It's just like...she led a mislynch and her interactions with Jan/Rubicon/KaiDASH are all so different from what I expect. Her von push on D1 seems potentially calculated to me as well. From a personal standpoint, I know she knows my weaknesses - she tells me all the time! - and I don't have a good enough read on whether she's manipulating me. It seems lazy to just write her off. I was rereading my other completed forum game with her, and I gave a meta read I forgot I had - that she will sometimes put a scumbuddy in her town circle for relatively weak reasoning and then just keep repeating it until it sticks. To me, her early treatment of Loch was the best fit for that. So now I'm sorta stuck on this paranoid world where fonti is scum and had been townreading Loch and scumreading Kai and is now deciding she has to be more null on Loch and is bumping up Kai out of the PoE since she only needs two mislynches.

Though as I've said, I don't even take stuff like that that seriously until lylo or mafia gets lynched, it's just been my crack theory. The important thing is that those are all people I'm interested in getting pressured today and your stance on them worries me. And uh...god I have so much to do in this thread.

So it's just funny to me that throughout the Day you've ruled out fonti/Loch, fonti/Kai, and Loch/Kai (some for better reasons than others, but nothing I am that interested in pre-flips), and defended fonti and Kai harder than I think you should be?

---------- Post automerged at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

super agree on this by the way, the dude loves to manufacture ~good interactions~ from what i know

9. Newcomb

here's a hint Delphine

[​IMG]

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

me neither lmao

---------- Post automerged at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Actually Rubicon

What are your four ideal lynches and why?

What do you think of your own playstyle this game?

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I don't your weaknesses, Delphine.

I fake it till I make it.

12. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

Sorry if you weren't already outed as PR.

Vote: Rubicon

All other matters can wait until this guilty dies.

13. fontisian

Also, I wish you would respect my relationship with Kai.

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Ahahahahaha

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

I'm dying.

---------- Post automerged at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

It can't be Rubicon/tn/Lochness right? That's so fucking easy, oh my god.

---------- Post automerged at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Help, can't stop laughing. Need air.

14. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i don't even know how to read that

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Can you talk me into Kai being town

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

If you can I'd probably respect it

16. Newcomb

DLGN if your fucking offhand joke won the game I'm going to be super mad I put in all that effort for unaligned pairs and also die laughing.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i reeeeeally wanted to push fonti today, like... really. for a variety of reasons. but i just don't even know what to make of what has happened this evening.

18. fontisian

Uh, not really?

I feel like the whole Jan thing is something Kai does as town more often, because he has a weird read and he's trying to figure it out. Also, he actually doesn't give a shit about being townread, with that early Proph vote yesterday, and voting dLGN, and "you know that I know that you know" thing with Jan. And he went after Rubicon early on, and Rubicon is pretty mafia.

19. Newcomb

Oh my god it actually is. Rubicon/LochNess/KoalasTN.

fucking looooooooooooool.

20. fontisian

It's funny, because you couldn't lynch me if you tried~~~~