1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Well before. Whatever my next game was, I knew I wanted to try something different. Plus I was consciously kind of adopting an aggressive persona in WH12, this is the other end of the spectrum. Hopefully.

If I rolled scum I was going to try to fake exactly the same thing, so :/ not sure what this answer really gets you?

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Funny enough, this is not the first time this has happened.

3. Newcomb

It passed by because Proph already elaborated on his read. Because someone - I think you? - asked him about it. Which isn't bad, I mean I kind of did the same thing to dLGN since he apparently was going for a reaction?

Ugh okay, think about it like this: Proph did something and I had a "oh this could be X or Y, let's see how people react to it" point of view. Then dLGN did something and I had a "I can't understand why he posted that" point of view. Even though the things they posted were very similar, the context of them made my reactions to them very different.

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Define "this"?

I get that, but your phrasing ... having trouble wording this, but I guess felt mudslingy? Was your intent to be vague?

It didn't take long, fwiw.

5. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Delphine, what I meant by that is a) There are a bunch of names I don't recognize, or remember( The Storm, Delphine, Koalas, Prophylaxis, Snowvon, dLGN, Jan, Newcomb) and b) the games I played were mostly all over 2 years ago and I can't remember the themes, if I won or what my role or faction was in those games, much less people's play styles of those games. So when I said it, I meant that I don't know anyone's norms or how they post, etc. So I may sometimes need something cleared up if people are referring to outside games.

PS Where is that chart from? Did you make it?!

My activity level will be medium, I'll log in multiple times a day to play, but I do not sit at a computer all day, and often in the evening I have events so I won't be on this 24-7.

I just saw that someone said Prophylaxis already has four votes- I think that is very interesting- I didn't notice anything particularly scummy from my read over, but I will now reread to see what all these people's reasonings are.

Also last time I forgot to put my vote, so:

Vote: Rubicon

You said to wait ten pages, but that didn't clear anything up for me so I am keeping it on you for now.

6. Newcomb

My thoughts exactly.

Uh. So Delphine... I guess I'm eating my own words about pre-game "when did you do X" questions being useful, but... when and why did you put that together?

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Delphine: I've been in a game before where there were four RVS votes on me out of the gate and I wanted a fifth.

My phrasing was a deliberate attempt at imitating yours.

8. Newcomb

Huh, it took me a second, but this is actually a defense of Proph. Like, you're kind of warning off town from voting him because "oh no I'll be scumread for it".

Hrm. Elaborate, please. What did you think about the Proph wagon as it was forming, and why are you reading him town, contextually w/r/t that wagon, or independent of it? Or, if you're not reading Proph town, what's your motivation for posting that?

TL;DR - Whiskey, Foxtrot, Tango, over?

---------- Post automerged at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

oh my god it's going to bug me forever that I can't edit that post.

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

What do you want cleared up?

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Prophylaxis I actually meant the question to Jan following your vote on him. Also, why are five votes a useful chunk?

I made it on MS Paint just now based on mostly-pregame notes, which is why it didn't take long. It seemed simpler to me to do it that way than to try to express it in words. I'm honestly not sure I would have posted it if I were scum because I kind of expected to get called out for doing IIoA for it (though I guess that's WIFOM?). I really empathize lately with the feeling of "how much stock should I put into the meta these strangers-to-me have of each other" and like kinda all the extra nuances of trying to enter a new community that are a barrier to actually being able to have reads so I was kinda sad to see no one even tried to answer her question.

LochNess - Who do you have the most mixed feelings about so far?

11. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Just that before you gave any thoughts of your own you're asking people for reads. And still didn't give any of your own after that was mentioned.

---------- Post automerged at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Delphine- I would say I have mixed feelings about most people as I never seem to be able to label people town right away- but Newcomb's sheer amount of posts of GIFS mixed with all the talk of wording is throwing me for a loop.

12. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm still developing my reads. Poking other people is a good way to do that.

There's a few people who aren't talking to me as much as I usually expect them to (Snowvon for sure, maybe Delphine?) so that's a Thing.

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Proph, on a scale from 1-10, how tongue-in-cheek do you think Jan's post was?

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

I believe that Delphine, dLGN and Storm are town. I am accepting petitions to join the towncircle at any via reads or town thought processes.

14. Newcomb

I think Storm, Lochness, dLGN, Snowvon, and yourself are all town. Confidence level is about in that order.

I don't see Delphine. Please tell me it's not because of the chart.

15. fontisian

It's kind of because of the chart, in a round about way. Do you get it?

16. Newcomb

fontisian

Am I in the ballpark?

17. fontisian

I'm so proud.

18. Newcomb

[​IMG]

19. fontisian