1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

But look how the votes shifted off him and onto KaiDASH....

---------- Post automerged at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Like, D1 Proph comes under pressure, no counterwagon springs up. (Flashwagon on Jan blah blah whatever)

D2, Proph comes under pressure and the only "counterwagon" is me and Proph voting Rubicon.

Proph flips town.

D3 Rubicon comes under pressure, KaiDASH counterwagon springs up.

I mean maybe I'm oversimplifying it but here's the part where we're getting gamestate resistance / clash.

2. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    and kaidash gives zero fucks.

i got a replacement player to bite on a fake red and then am just finding it hard to put them on a team and finding everything else BESIDES that reaction to be towny.

yes, the reaction was probably poor and probably exactly what I was trying to bait. i'm probably being dumb but like... they have zero win condition and had virtually zero win condition all day and didn't seem to care. whoever 'they' are, if they're outside your confident towns (yourself/fonti/kai/myself/etc). that leaves 5 people. 3 would be scum. scum need two mislynches or a mislynch and for me to shoot incorrectly. they literally need to push two specific people and yet everybody is along for the ride. I can't get over it.

---------- Post automerged at 04:26 ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 ----------

that counterwagon is almost purely due to myself trying to get people to react and take stands because they won't otherwise. i'd love for someone to tell me to fuck off and push what they believe right now. instead it's follow the (clueless) leader (me) and wait for his stamp of approval or something.

3. Newcomb

And that's not an unreasonable point.

I just don't see another narrative.

I see the narrative of Rubicon/TN/LochNess and lol gambit worked.

I see the narrative of "fonti pulling the strings and rolling us" but, like, I'm just over it.

I kiiiiiiinda see some sorta weird Jan/Delphine/X team just based on, I'm not even sure, almost entirely gut/feels negative space.

I don't really see anything else, and I am legitimately concerned I'm going to burn out on mafia from this game from thinking about it.

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    yeah, likewise. it'll be a learning experience. i'll probably reread it a lot once it's over, feel stupid, and want to hit things, hard.

---------- Post automerged at 04:35 ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 ----------

go against my better judgement and lynch rubicon under the assumption that loch and tn would look better for biting so hard if he does flip town?

in which case... good fucking luck. i don't know if I take a shot tonight. I probably leave it to triple lylo and hope the towns have some fight in them.

5. Newcomb

I dunno. I feel like when we talked about KaiDASH you definitely lowered my TownShield, now I'm kinda like "eh let him fucking defend himself, I'm done with it." Like.... I can't stand in the way of that lynch strictly because of gut.

I mean... not to be the "oh let's infolynch" guy especially since being wrong is lylo, but like, yeah. Rubicon flipping town kinda clears LochNess/TN, and Rubicon flipping mafia looks suuuuuper good for Jan I think? I mean also objectively it clears me, so, uh.

Fuck I dunno. I won't deny that Rubicon has sounded town at some points today. I might be wrong. I don't have enough conviction to shove it down anyone's throat.

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I'm going to bed. Can't guarantee I can be around for EoD since I have work in the morning.

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    you won't eat a bullet for being wrong, at least from me, so don't be shy. not after you engage me for this long and do as much work as you did yesterday. if you are scum you are outplaying town and to win they'll have to earn it in lylo.

feels wrong but fuck me

Vote: Rubicon

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

So this is pretty much where I'm at.

kaidash

newcomb
    fontisian

dlgn
    - Claim rings true, his thought process hasn't seemed faked or rushed throughout the game, though how he approaches things is different.

delphine - Her nervous indecisiveness is inline with other games I've seen here in. This is definitely bolstered by others townreading her.

lochness - Dat flail. I also disliked how she didn't own her vote on me (here).
    tn - His thoughts seem somewhat crafted, like he's made up his mind already and is making words to fit the agenda.
    Jan - posted on this already.

Rubicon - bluh

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I don't know that this is really because of either of their behavior

because they both really don't give a shit when they could be so much better, have spent most of the game tunneling each other and prophy, have fonti as lock town for ??? and are possibly appealing to me with these fuckin townreads

but because of how the wagons have played out, and because of gut

and perhaps most of all because i want to fucking go to sleep

vote Rubicon

9. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

But I also said I skimmed through the games in my old posts (like titles) after and remember being scum in Awesomafia.. since it was a closed set up I looked at the type of roles there were. I don't remember playing in other closed set up ones so that was my basis.

Also, am happy to lynch Rubicon today. Just don't know how many we are at, so for now:
    Rescind VOte

Don't want to push into an insta lynch

---------- Post automerged at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Rescind Vote
    I keep forgetting red

---------- Post automerged at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

bold not red

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Tracker here. LochNess went nowhere last night. No other targets because x-shot. No flavor.

Would probably accept her as a compromise lynch if I have to, but would much, much prefer KaiDASH. I only skimmed this back-and-forth between you guys but yeah you all crazy, dude's mafia.

I'm going back to sleep, should be here again before deadline.

11. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Um

I am a tracker with limited shots .......

I don't know if that means you're scum or if this is Eido being eido

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Cuz there was the multi joat bullshit that one time right

12. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

What is x-shot? The same thing as limited shots?

13. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Yes /10chars

14. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    oh shit

good morning and

idk

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Man I was so operating under the assumption that it was scum role cop + prob 2 goons vs neighbors vig me and trying to use my role accordingly and I now am just ......

16. Rubicon

I'm too tired for that shit, lol.

If it was anyone else than you I'd say fuck that but I dunno. This does seem like the kind of thing eido would find hilarious. High power setup w/ extra scum roles, multiple x-shots add up to one full-shots or something stupid like that.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    both of you rand your track tonight between... fonti and your 'cc'

you both out the result of your track at the same time tomorrow. i don't think you're together but if you are well played and this is obviously futile. but yeah, do that, I think.

btw did either of you soft or have any way of bolstering your claim at all? also have you used any charges delphine?

18. Rubicon

I never crumb, sorry.

Some of my pokes at Koalas were because I was deciding whether to target him, but n1 it was a waste of a shot and then he replaced out.

19. Delphine

Delphine First Year

12p:
    forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=29783
    Zenzao: Town Double Voter
    His fluffiness: Town 2-Shot Tracker
    Rubicon: Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
    Snowvon: Vanilla Town
    Newcomb: Vanilla Town
    Jan: Vanilla Town
    Scott Press: Vanilla Town
    weiyaoli: Vanilla Town
    Citrus: Vanilla Town

Seratin: Mafia Rolecop
    Vira: Mafia 2-Shot Doctor
    blab: Mafia Goon

---------
    13p:
    www.quicktopic.com/50/H/aHSCAhPS52F forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=24881
    Town:
    Prophylaxis (Mal, JoaT - 1-shot cop/jail/neighborise)
    Fontisian (Kaylee, JoaT - 1-shot tracker/vig/doc)
    Sesc (Simon, 2-shot Doc)
    Fishy Justice (Mr. U, Desperado)
    Riley (River, Vanilla)
    BitMyFinger (Monty, Vanilla)
    TMNTurtwig (Inara, Vanilla)
    Blab (Wash, Vanilla)
    Bill Door (Zoe, Vanilla)

Neutral:
    Lexicat (Hands of Blue, Hitman)

Mafia:
    Aekiel (JoaT: 1-shot rb, 1-shot rolecop, 1-shot redirect)
    Caesar (Bulletproof)
    Lungs (Goon)

-----
    12p:
    quicktopic.com/50/H/uX7uhfgtTyV forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=24788

2-shot Cop - Caesar
    2-shot Vig - Kalas
    Bodyguard - Fishy Justice
    VT - Wetnurse
    VT - Fontisian
    VT - Guljons
    VT - Vira
    VT - TMNTurtwig
    VT - LuckyLee

Roleblocker - Sacrifice
    Rolecop - Lungs
    Goon - Rents

"moderately weak town" "limited daychat for scum"

----
    12p:
    forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=23824 www.quicktopic.com/50/H/JjMPg5ttyUkmg
    Town:
    Mason: Uncle Stojil
    Mason: Kaemrynn
    1-shot Untargetable: Fenraellis
    Vanilla: Castiel
    Vanilla: Moridin
    Vanilla: Kalas
    Vanilla: Riley Poole
    Vanilla: Jwlk
    Vanilla: Sesc

Mafia:
    Rolecop: Bill Door
    Goon: Rubicon
    Goon: Fontisian

"Yeah, it was a low powered, but balanced setup. In a game this small, masons are very strong, as it's effectively two confirmed town, with no real way for the scum team to manipulate it. Cop can't check a godfather, be shot n1 or be chain roleblocked.

The one-shot untargetable was effectively a bulletproof - unfortunately he died without claiming, as he could have been another 'near confirmed town' that scum would not want to shoot. Once the rolecop died, at least.

The rolecop mafia side was neutered by, well - there being a lack of town power roles. It was effectively there to let them use up the 1-shot untargetable if/when Fen was forced to claim. If Fen played well and drew the NK, then it was a huge boon to town."

----
    13p:
    www.quicktopic.com/48/H/b6DjWSSRyb8gf forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=22700

Mafia Goon
    Mafia Rolecop
    Mafia Godfather (inv-immune)

Doctor
    Vigi
    Cop
    Town Schizophrenic (MUP)
    VT x 5

Neutral Survivor

----
    13p:
    forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=22357&page=17