1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think trying to read into the roleblock/NK isn't going to do much.

Like. "Kill Delphine, roleblock dLGN" makes sense for literally any scumteam at that point. Maaaaaaybe fonti/Kai would have considered not roleblocking you? Like going by your posts up to EoD3 I don't think you'd ever really talk yourself into shooting either of them (or me) after a scum!Rubicon flip. Like, I could see fonti/Kai letting you shoot because if you shoot it's almost always in the TN/Jan/LochNess cluster.

But yeah that's super WIFOM-y and not really useful.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

My wincon would be bussing hard enough to look town .. if i was scum that would be the only move left. and maybe be extra nice towards fonti in the next days outside of the game, so she kills kai instead of me ..

Blocking you always means that scum has some control over the shot/lynch instead of you yoloshooting and maybe hitting depending on wifom, reads and how good you digested last days breakfast (or whatever else influences your shot)

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 ----------

right now i am only scared that one too many people are pushing on tn ..

Like .. tn having such a weird and out there position on the game and so many people jumping on it, kinda feels like a prepared bus.
    Not sure why, because if tn doesn't play like that, then they might get a misslynch today. one too many wifom levels on that read, maybe.

In the end that is a problem for tomorrow!jan i guess.

3. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    prepared bus is interesting.. the only person that could be coming from is like... newcomb? because tn's persistence about newcomb was what prompted all that attention. fonti voted shortly after that and I was thinking of doing the same tbh.

but the two of them as partners is... unlikely imo. so i dunno if I see any bussing, and certainly not the prepared type... what makes you think otherwise other than numbers?

4. Story Content: Votecount 4.1
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Votecount 4.1

Official Votecount 4.1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tn5421 (3): Newcomb (#1336), lochNess (#1377), Fontisian (#1388)
    Newcomb (1): tn5421 (#1386)
    LochNess (1): kaiDASH (#1302)

Abstain/No Vote (2): Jan (n/a), dLGN (#1311)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to soft lynch. If 5 votes are placed on a single player, a hard hammer will occur and day will immediately end.

Day 4 ends in 26 hours: Day End

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I dont see any town in their right mind to go on newcomb there.

read my read on newcomb/rubicon yesterday. i said the moment one is scum the other one is really town. close to cleard.
    And i think regardless if you like me or not .. the read stands .. i do not think the way newcomb wanted to kill rubicon and kept him in every scumcircle is w/w.

TN disregarding everything and going on Newcomb with nothing but hot air is weird.
    I do not see him doing that as town .. I do not see any reasoning for it.

I have trouble seeing him doing that as scum as well unless it prepares a play.
    That kind of awkward clumsy play outside of some sort of play just makes no sense. I can't see it.

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i know what you mean but i don't see who is getting credit here besides newcomb with a scum flip

7. Newcomb

^

this x 1000.

It makes zero sense as either alignment. The only way I can wrap my head around it is either TN hasn't read the entire game and should never have replaced in, or TN's trying some "too dumb to scum"-level performance art. I thiiiiiiiink it's the latter?

It kinda reminds me of Hannibal Mafia where Seratin just lurked it out D1 and I went HAM at him/Vira, and then he pops in at the 11th hour with a VT claim and a useless vote on me.

The town mindset is just like... ???????

"Hi I think Newcomb is scum because he's using meta reasoning." (lol?)

"Hey TN, want to vote for someone who actually might get lynched toDay?"

"No thanks I'll just stick with my garbage vote, I'm good."

????????

---------- Post automerged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I don't need the credit, though. Frankly at this point with Rubicon's flip + the effort I've put into this game, like... if you guys still think there's a chance I'm mafia, TN flipping won't really do shit for me. Like if you think I'm mafia you think I'm a turbohellbusser anyway, so like.... why?

8. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    that's kind of my point

---------- Post automerged at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

thus

Vote: tn5421

9. Newcomb

dLGN, you should leave a legacy, since you're pretty much guaranteed to die tonight.

---------- Post automerged at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

We should also talk about using your shot based on TN's flip. It's proooobably useless unless TN's the roleblocker, but might as well talk about it.

10. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I will do more work for this game tmw. hoping I feel a little better then. expecting the worst, though.

and yeah, the basic thoughts for my shot are if we don't hit it likely won't matter as i'll be roleblocked. if we hit, I may use our 'mislynch' and try and end the game based on who we hit and reads. if we miss, i think you'd be better off scumhunting and spending the day to discuss as a group rather than yoloshooting, as much as i'd like to think I could put the game on my shoulders (and again, i'd likely be blocked, anyway, so there's that)

11. Newcomb

I'll be around tomorrow dLGN, but I think I'm literally at the point where I don't even care if TN's town. Like I do care because that's our last mislynch, but I just couldn't stand losing to writing off obvious mafia as too obviously mafia, if that makes sense. If he's town that sucks, but it's 100% on him at this point.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

btw the only reason i am not voting is because it would be a hard hammer.

read into that whatever you want.

13. Story Content: Votecount 4.2
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Votecount 4.2

Official Votecount 4.2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tn5421 (4): Newcomb (#1336), lochNess (#1377), Fontisian (#1388), dLGN (#1408)
    Newcomb (1): tn5421 (#1386)
    LochNess (1): kaiDASH (#1302)

Abstain/No Vote (1): Jan (n/a)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to soft lynch. If 5 votes are placed on a single player, a hard hammer will occur and day will immediately end.

Day 4 ends in 9 hours: Day End

14. Newcomb

I'm going to be so salty if you flip town, TN.

If you're mafia in anti-spew and you don't want to give away your partner, fine, whatever, do what you gotta do. But if you're town I'm going to rain down on you with the fire of a thousand suns.

___

Hypothesis: I don't believe fonti would have written that thing about it being cathartic watching Kai tunnel Rubicon if the team were exactly those three.

Thoughts?

---------- Post automerged at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Correction: I believe it's unlikely she would have posted that.

15. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I think I agree with that assessment.

Also, yeah, re: TN. If we go into double lylo the town better not roll over this easily. Or, whatever, you guys do you.

Also I kind of find it harder to believe Jan is with TN, maybe? His whole hammer stance is interesting. Oddly seems better if TN does flip scum, almost? At least in terms of the whole bussing for line (even if Jan brought that up, himself).

16. Newcomb

Eh, I dunno. Jan saying that is WIFOM-city.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    It is, yes. I liked it for some reason. I like weird things, idk. lol.

18. Newcomb

So if TN's town, who do you want dead tomorrow?

I kinda want LochNess, because that's the way to hedge against scum!fonti? Like she's never with Jan ever, and I don't believe in the fonti/KaiDASH world, I don't believe in Jan/Kai, so it's either Loch/Kai or Loch/Jan or Loch/fonti.

Does that sound right?

19. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    "she's never with Jan ever"
    agree

"I don't believe in the fonti/KaiDASH world"
    probably not - kaidash's 'wink' post was slick, if wrong.

"I don't believe in Jan/Kai"
    pretty sure I agree

"so it's either Loch/Kai or Loch/Jan or Loch/fonti."
    fypov, yes. and I am basically sold on you being town at this point.

i'd hope it's just TN/loch but that seems a bit unlikely to me, loch has had good posts mixed in with more questionable ones, but yeah. activity has dropped off the face of the earth and there's little concern/urgency showing.

If we hit on TN and he's the roleblocker there's a 50% chance I shoot Loch, a 40% chance I hold my shot, and a 10% chance I shoot someone else, TBD. If we miss, I'm unlikely to shoot, I think.

20. Newcomb

Sounds right.

I'm pretty sold on fonti=town at this point. I think Rubicon kiiiiiinda spewed her town with that "if you're scum you're pulling off the best game of your life" thing?

I'm worried I'm letting KaiDASH slip through the cracks, and fonti's gut townread is kind of reinforcing mine and it's based on air. Plus a little voice that's whispering about him being on Rubicon too heavily without merit, and early? But like... ehh.

Yeah it's basically just you and me ping-ponging into infinity at this point. I can think of some pretty compelling reasons for TN and Loch to be town (TN's QT thing, Loch's "Lack of Guile" / lack of self awareness), but I just.... bleh. I can think of better reasons why fonti's town. Kai or Jan could be scum, I guess.