1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    "I think Rubicon kiiiiiinda spewed her town with that "if you're scum you're pulling off the best game of your life" thing?"

agree

"I'm worried I'm letting KaiDASH slip through the cracks, and fonti's gut townread is kind of reinforcing mine and it's based on air. Plus a little voice that's whispering about him being on Rubicon too heavily without merit, and early? But like... ehh."

that's been my concern, particularly where his certainty came from, but, idk. it was strange to start bussing that hard so early in the game. and it's been pretty much a tunnel the entire time. it's just fucking with me how rubicon was begging for him to be shot so much, knowing there was a fairly good chance he flips mafia. why not try and sow some doubt about fonti or yourself? but, wifom.

"I can think of some pretty compelling reasons for TN and Loch to be town (TN's QT thing, Loch's "Lack of Guile" / lack of self awareness), but I just.... bleh. I can think of better reasons why fonti's town."
    yes, yes, and yeah - sucks but if either you or her are mafia then you win sort of by default because you haven't had to outplay MIA towns. RIP.

"Kai or Jan could be scum, I guess."
    Yeah. Jan has had some good and some bad, imo. I'm factoring in things when trying to read his tone and motivation and that's been fucking with me, so, I'm relying on you to be more objective at this point.

Kai is difficult for me. Overall I can kind of understand the gut townreads on him, and he looks better for pushing Rubicon, ofc. But his gamesolving beyond that has been virtually absent and he hasn't really probed much to figure out other peoples' alignments. He seems fairly content with riding fonti's coattails.

---------- Post automerged at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

I apologize for not doing more I guess but I kind of have been surprised at the drop-off post-holidays. I know there are 5 hours and I'll continue to be here if anybody else wants to engage me but.... Good luck? =/

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah I agree with like that entire post.

You're not wrong on me, I'm town, as you'll see soon - one of us is the NK, guaranteed, and it's like 95% you, so...

If fonti's mafia I won't feel too bad since she's managed to outplay both you and me, and we're trying. I would feel worse by second guessing myself and losing to TN/Loch because I fear-lynched fonti.

Like. If it is actually TN/Loch we're going to look back and go, "well of fucking course it was, why were we stressing about it?"

Buuuuut from the position of not actually knowing right now, it's super stressful because it does seem too easy in a big way.

Meh. I'm so over this game. If we're wrong I can't feel too bad about it because Loch/TN apparently don't want to actually play anymore, so if they're town, fuck 'em.

This was like the most critical phase of the game and we needed everyone firing on all cylinders and it's just... radio silence from like half the game.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I kind of want to go for Lochness or Jan now, just because TN's behavior doesn't seem consistent with a roleblocker.

4. Newcomb

Explain?

I didn't think roleblockers had a specific way they played or anything?

5. fontisian

Wait, a mafia can't use their ability and roleblock at the same time, right? If so, then it doesn't matter (as any mafia death takes the roleblocker out of commission).

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

i would assume the last mafia can do both. that is how other games have handled it.

i also tend to agree with fonti, because that sort of play would be weird as the roleblocker, but dlgn shooting would only take from the town lynches and as such the roleblocker does not matter that much.

if tn is a miss dlgn shooting and missing ends the game, unless he stacks with scum.
    and because we are on uneven numbers even if tn is a hit, dlgn shooting the next night will just speed up the game (and leave the kill in control of town), but town will not get a lynch.

I am not sure if a scum roleblocker has any real role left in this game.

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I think someone said that in general, if you're the last mafia alive, you're allowed to use your ability as well as deliver the night kill.

---------- Post automerged at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

basically this. that's what I've been saying. I can try and win faster if we hit today or ensure our second kill comes from a town perspective (myself), but, I'd rather you all use the day and have the towns actually show some fight and find each other to win, tbh, since numbers-wise it's not particularly advantageous considering we slept.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

that is the way i personally am used to it.

doesn't have to apply to this game, only the mod knows.

9. Newcomb

I'm pretty sure Jan's town.

I want to lynch TN->LochNess->Kai.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

i kind of want to kill fonti tomorrow if tn flips scum .. but that might just be me.

11. Newcomb

Hmmm or maaaaaaybe fonti in F3? Not if TN's a hit though. Like if we miss on TN and Loch's a hit, then it's a F3 of Jan/Kai/fonti, I'd hope Kai and Jan would take another look at fonti but I thiiiiink I still want Kai dead there? Meh.

---------- Post automerged at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I don't think fonti/TN is a real team.

Look at fonti's reaction to TN biting down on dLGN's red check.

12. fontisian

Bitch, please.

I will take you down.

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    the bolded is one interesting / towny thing I liked from Loch. you can debate the validity of that point but at least I kind of got into her pov from that. it was less commentary-esque and felt solvey, to me.

---------- Post automerged at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

also the rubicon part is probably true - he almost certainly both 1. wrote those reads knowing there was a good chance he got lynched yesterday and 2. quoted his reads because he's not awfully concerned about spew.

imo.

14. Newcomb

I agree that Rubicon quoting those reads was calculated. It was either a bluff or a double bluff, and I'm not touching that bit of wine with a 10-foot pole.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hmm true enough. Just saw that reaction and really didnt like it.

scum always want the misslynch today,unless the last one is in the best position ever, then they won't care.

Getting the misslynch today means tomorrow they can basically just wait for the hammer to drop.

16. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I'm here again but only have a phone for rest of night. Sorry if my absence is pissingn everyone off. I thought holidays would make me way less busy but I realize they did the exact opposite and have me away from a computer for way longer.

Still want to lynch TN, don't want to change that vote again. Seemed like a really weird "No You" on Newcomb when Newcomb seems top town to me. At least vote for someone who is actin suspiciously ? The only thing throwing me off is why wouldn't TN just vote me and try and kill me if they are town... Since I am under a lot of suspicion. Probably not a good thing to say but I am surprised and it is making me confused. Unless he doesn't care at all. Or also thinks I'm town . This is where I get unsure. Maybe he is just over it. I get why everyone is annoyed with my absence now.. Makes it super hard to work with and I feel bad.

KaiDash I keep flip flopping on from thinking he has acted crappy and could have set it up to he is just town being annoying most of the game.

Still don't get if Jan was mafia why he would try and push the rubicon lynch when it could have been put off. Unless Kai is also on the team and they thought killing him would clear the other.

On my phone so hard to pull up old stuff

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

he had to do it because town rubicon would have left us with his reads.
    It is useless to us for the most part now that he flipped scum.

18. Newcomb

God damn Loch seems towny as fuck :/

---------- Post automerged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Rubicon/Kai/Jan like is that even a realistic world at all?

I mean they're all pretty good, maybe they just distanced super well? That would be such a sick interaction as w/w for Kai and Jan to have about that whole "hey Jan are you a PR wink wink" thing. I reeaaaally don't think so.

Ugh.

19. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

But it wa only a few minutes left like two I think.. So too late to change minds because I don't think anyone would have been stupid enough to repeat day one and have a mislynch because of last minute switching

---------- Post automerged at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Was * and this is in reply to Jan

20. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    yeah loch is one thing I didn't see delphine's concerns about tbh. i held off on reading loch and in retrospect her comments about proph were prescient like I said but not.. necessarily TMI.. and beyond that has seemed fairly detached/unaligned/bored villa. idk. glad she's around and that you all can interact and go from here. wish I could say the same about TN.