1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

"There's no argument for Kai being town. Mislynch him."

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

:/

Are you guys really going to polarize and make it Kai/fonti vs. Jan/Loch?

Because if so I hate you all.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

i never gave an answer to your question, and i wouldnt have one if i wanted to.

4. fontisian

"I agree that factually Lochness is mafia, but let's lynch Kai anyway."

---------- Post automerged at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

You never know.

Maybe Kai will want to lynch me.

5. Newcomb

I mean, he does believe in getting credit for bussing a teammate, right?

<_<

---------- Post automerged at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

It's just weird to me, fonti, that your argument for town Kai is that he'd want to thoroughly run a partner into the ground and get credit for it, and that's like 100% what he did with Rubicon.

6. fontisian

I mean, I guess Kai/Lochness is possible? But Jan's so fucking scummy, oh my god.

7. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I won't necessarily polarize yet because I think the way to lose the game is to have an early opinion and be stuck on it. Those were my thoughts from reading the first page of this day, but I am still going to go through each team pairing later.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Is this the game where you are just throwing scum at a wall and see what sticks fonti?

---------- Post automerged at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Like what happened between kai/rubicon would be perfect bussing because they distance so hard, one of them dying will make the other one look towny.

Like that is not even a hard play to make.

Also the push on Kai on that day was completly driven by town, if i remember correctly.
    Rubicon was always the likely kill that day, the fact that kai was the other wagon was dLGNs doing.

9. LochNess

A not game question for everyone. I've never been able to figure this out, but is there a way when you open up how many posts people have made and it shows the first part of those posts to expand it so you can scroll through instead of clicking individually?

---------- Post automerged at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

So rereading everything I forgot about, currently on page 7 (100 posts per page)

I 100% take back my option of font/jan working together (And if they were, kudos to them, they would deserve this win). The whole swapping to Jan thing to almost have it happen.. Unless she had already planned with Rubicon to make sure it wouldn't happen, but it just leaves Jan in a worse light either way so.. yeah that is out.

I keep questioning myself and going back to Newcomb again but I think it is just paranoia. Newcomb is town and that's that for me. As much I I said explore all options, I think this is the smallest chance and it would just open Pandora's Box to investigate it all. But why would Newcomb say for the other mason to claim? It makes no sense- easiest way to kill a town PR player... But him saying that would make other people suspicious of him trying to role hunt and he would know that. That one just throws me.

Rereading Jan is making me second guess so hard. But why wouldn't he throw me under the bus. Will be more specific in a bit, just trying to get things out in the open and get my brain starting to warm up.

Weird things- Fontisian in post 155 was accusing Proph of being mafia for reading into an obvious joke. He flips town. Then TN and I are accused for reading into an obvious joke. Apparently only mafia do that. Wouldn't it be the other way around? Mafia would be more careful of their posts and if it is an obvious joke they would know no one else would take it seriously. Yes I totally read it wrong and feel like a moron for that- but if people are mafia they are going to think more about what they are posting. How is this a scum tell- seems like an easy way to bus?

10. fontisian

That's not what happened.

I attacked Proph for taking jokes and then using them to build weak cases on people. Basically, he was taking shortcuts in his reasoning that weren't towny.

The reason tn's and your reaction to dLGN's claim was suspicious was because someone who knew Rubicon was mafia would be quicker to believe someone claiming to have that information.

11. LochNess

So fonti, thoughts on the possibility that Kai bussed his partner hard on day 3 to get town credit?

12. fontisian

Do you mean Days 1-3?

13. LochNess

Yes, that's what I meant- with the giant push day 3.

Also the only way I can see Jan siding with me right now as scum is to distance himself from his partner incase there is a lynch on him. With that being said, I don't think his partner is font, so I want to vote KaiDash today. Kai falls into both my scum scenarios.

Vote: KaiDash

---------- Post automerged at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

P.S. a heads up, tomorrow I am getting my wisdom teeth out. Not sure how out of it that makes you but as of tomorrow I probably won't be around till evening. (Other than a quick stop in) COuld change but I don't really know how hard I will be affected. I have seen too many funny YouTube videos

14. fontisian

Here's a point: Rubicon refused to vote on Jan when a town!Jan kill should have been better for him.

15. Newcomb

#85 LochNess's early interactions don't really feel like bussing? I thought they did at first but it's just a little... on-the-nose? But.. Vira/Seratin. Such a limp noodle.

#97-#101 man that me/fonti interaction where we're talking about Delphine. I really *want* to townread fonti for that. I guess I just don't want to think that she played me that hard? I mean if she did it was just perfect, exactly the kind of soft-pocket I expected her to NOT do as scum.

Although with KaiDASH coming in like that...

I could see Kai/fonti/Rubicon talking about me in scumchat and going "well the best way to handle Newcomb is just to kind of work around him and agree with some of his points." Which makes me sad =/

From that PoV I read Jan/LochNess town for attacking me early, I think. Like here. And here. Also those cases are posted like uh. hang on wait.

So Jan's 117 is posted like 5 hours before Loch's 118 but Loch's includes the line:

Uh. That's kind of strange? Like I can see starting a post and leaving it open for a while and not refreshing. But then going out of the way to mention that you didn't see it.... uhh. Fuck is that like super unaligned? Or aligned? I don't know. It's weird.
    Loch what say you here?

Jan's post here about me and Proph. Knowing Proph and I are both town, this is a bit off from scum!Jan I think? I mean he's considering me bussing Proph, he's thinking about it. It's a town waffle? Ehh.

And Rubicon's next post is the "^ scum" to that. That's /such/ a weird bus.

This is the tail end of it, but I still like fonti's case on Proph. It's not over the top, nor is it feeble. It just kind of... is. I mean yes Proph was town, but that was a pretty good D1 case. I don't know what else I would expect from scum!fonti?

Man this is feeble from fonti.

I hate how all of my scum!fonti paranoia is "maybe she's just that good." But that's only with individual posts. Like - I read a single one of fonti's posts like her case on Proph and I just think, yeah town. But on the macro level, what has fonti done this game? Stuck her neck out once, then kind of coasted. It's what I talked about with dLGN - only trying as hard as she needs to when she needs to. Like - who was trying to solve the game yesterday? Me. dLGN. Jan. LochNess. Who wasn't? TN. Kai. Fonti.

So like.

Kinda feeling the Kai/fonti at this point.

Although. That means fonti/Rubicon were mafia from the start, and they chose to kind of ignore each other. Why wouldn't they play into their meta and "tunnel" each other? It would probably get one of them killed but it would pretty much clear the other one based on that meta, right? Ehh that's a little WIFOM-y.

Snowvon asked about the lack of tunnel:

Bleh. Could read that as either "don't want town fonti on my back." Or just kind of an awkward answer because the real answer is they're partners. Yeah WIFOM.

Jan's wall in 215 and the reasoning for putting LochNess that high. Uhh that's pretty hard to see as w/w actually. Like. It would be pretty ballsy to put your scum partner as toptown because you "agree with their reads."

Who the fuck talks like this as w/w? LIke I just can't believe scum!Loch makes that post to her buddy scum!Jan. I can't believe it.

Stopping at 216 for now. Holy fuck, how have we managed to put out 1500 posts in a 12 person game? Might have to start skimming.

Current reads: Loch's town. Kai/fonti seems likely. Kai/Jan possible. fonti/Jan impossible.

16. fontisian

1. You reasons for clearing Lochness are objectively terrible.
    2. Wanting to lynch every single town is not "trying to solve the game."
    3. Tunneling on mafia and defending town is trying to solve the game.

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Like, quote a single post from Jan and Lochness yesterDay that wasn't just them trying to look better and keep their options open. Just one.

---------- Post automerged at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Who voted took advantage of dLGN's doubts to vote for Kai: Jan and Lochness. Who bussed Rubicon after he claimed and made him living more than a Day impossible: Jan and Lochness. Who have never seriously tried to read each other: Jan and Lochness. Who have consistently acted to look better off of flips they couldn't know are ycoming: Jan and Lochness.

Do I need to break out the vote logic here?

17. Newcomb

Yes.

/10char

18. LochNess

Also why do you keep ignoring the thought of Kai super bussing Rubicon- like how are you not considering that?

Newcomb- Maybe they chose to ignore each other because of the other amount of tunneling between Rubicon and Kai and didn't want to totally tangle themselves up in it incase it went wrong?

Yes I switched to Kai for a bit when I wasn't sure. I wanted to see if it would take off and if Rubicon was another Proph type where omce person votes for him (initially me) and everyone finds it easy to pile one. Yes I've had second thoughts in the game and changed my mind. I'm not prepared to come into the game and not change my mind at points. But the claims weren't making sense, the plan wasn't making sense and I went back to my original feelings for him.

19. Newcomb

I mean... both of Rubicon's partners bussed him 100%, that's not a good argument. Loch/Jan bussed him if it's them, and you/Kai did if it's you.

And I'd argue that the most serious case of "not trying to read each other" is you and Kai as well.

These aren't really helping, fonti :/

I'll go look at the first one, but I didn't get the sense that Jan or Loch were being particularly opportunistic w/r/t dLGN's doubt.

20. LochNess

Also why would Jan and I literally keep making posts next to each other for our votes. Like, "Hey we are scum partners, let's try and do everything the same to draw suspicion!"?

Also I just remembered Newcomb you asked me about something posted with Jan posting in front of me.. let me go check that

---------- Post automerged at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Just checked. I think what happened was a lot of times when I read something that makes me want to reply I start replying without going through everything else so I don't forget. Which I did, and when I looked up from posting, it obviously showed that the last post was also a vote for you. So I was hoping that Jan hadn't posted the exact same reasoning as me because I would have preferred to say I agreed as opposed to saying it was my original thoughts.

---------- Post automerged at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

If that didn't come out right- basically I voted for you once I read your post and realized after that the person before me did the exact same thing and I hadn't yet gotten to take that into consideration