1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

You don't think that's fairly clearing for Loch?

If nothing else I think it speaks to Rubicon/Kai/Loch as pretty damn unlikely.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Official Votecount 1.1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Prophylaxis (3): Snowvon (#12), Delphine (#18), Fontisian (#51)
    Snowvon (1): The Storm (#3)
    dLGN (1): Jan (#19)
    Jan (1): Prophylaxis (#65)
    Rubicon (1): LochNess (#85)

From the top, we have a general rvs looking vote with scum avoiding the early, jokey looking wagon forming on Proph. Lochness votes Rubicon over a weak start with a clear out for him if he gets more active:
    The "for now" in particular is a common way to distance while leaving room to back off later.

Official Votecount 1.2
    Prophylaxis (5): Delphine (#18), Fontisian (#51), Newcomb (#126), Snowvon (#128), Rubicon (#129)
    Rubicon (2): KaiDASH (#116), Prophylaxis (#144)
    Newcomb (2): Jan (#117), LochNess (#118)
    Snowvon (1): The Storm (#3)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (2): Koalas, dLGN

Scum rubicon jumps on board a town on town wagon. Kai starts tunneling Rubicon. Jan and Lochness voting after each other is weird, but it wouldn't surprise me if she'd written the post, saw Jan's, and then was advised by Rubicon and Jan to post it anyway. That, of course, leads to this:

Official Votecount 1.3
    Prophylaxis (5): Delphine (#18), Fontisian (#51), Newcomb (#126), Rubicon (#129), dLGN (#173)
    Rubicon (2): KaiDASH (#116), Prophylaxis (#144)
    Newcomb (1): Jan (#117)
    Snowvon (1): LochNess (#251)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (3): Koalas (n/a), The Storm (#174), Snowvon (#177)

Where Lochness got the away from Jan's vote and avoiding the Proph wagon with no real reasoning. Understandable, considering the number of town on it.

Official Votecount 1.4
    Prophylaxis (7): Delphine (#18), Fontisian (#51), Newcomb (#126), Rubicon (#129), dLGN (#173), Koalas (#269), Snowvon (#270)
    Rubicon (1): KaiDASH (#116)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (2): The Storm (#174), Prophylaxis (#295)

More town join the Proph wagon. Jan and Lochness don't budge, because they know Proph will flip town and everyone on the wagon will look bad, but are voting for townies anyway. Kai is still tunneling Rubicon, and tunneling is way more in his town toolbox than in Jan's or Lochness'.

Final Votecount:
    Prophylaxis (6): Delphine (#18), Koalas (#269), Fontisian (#493), Newcomb (#500), dLGN (#506), Prophylaxis (#508)
    Jan (3): The Storm (#483), Rubicon (#504), Snowvon (#509)
    Rubicon (1): KaiDASH (#116)

Looks like the people around at eod were mostly town. Rubicon absolutely refused to vote Jan until he saw people already swinging back to Proph, and then voted. He claimed it was an attempt to kill Jan the next Day, which smells like bullshit and an attempt at distancing after the last minute wagon forced them together.

Official Votecount 2.1
    KaiDASH (2): Prophylaxis (#550), Snowvon (#552)
    Prophylaxis (2): KaiDASH (#603), Fontisian (#633)

Jan (1): Newcomb (#526)
    Koalas (1): Rubicon (#632)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (5): Jan, Koalas, dLGN, LochNess, Delphine

Scum avoiding early commitment to anything. Rubicon and Jan are likely very worried about one or both of them dying that Day if dLGN talks me off of Proph.

Official Votecount 2.2
    Prophylaxis (3): KaiDASH (#603), Fontisian (#633), Delphine (#707)
    KaiDASH (1): Prophylaxis (#550)
    Koalas (1): Rubicon (#632)
    Rubicon (1): Newcomb (#697)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (6): Jan, Koalas, dLGN, LochNess, Snowvon (#679)

Final Vote Count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Prophylaxis (6): KaiDASH (#603), Fontisian (#633), Delphine (#707), dLGN (#712), Koalas (#727), Rubicon (#728)
    Rubicon (2): Newcomb (#697), Prophylaxis (#721)

Abstain / No Placed Vote (3): Jan (no vote placed), LochNess (no vote placed), Snowvon (#679)

Newcomb and Proph got out of the Day voting Rubicon. Newcomb's hella town and active and this point and Proph just flipped town, so Rubicon has to be worried about dying Day 3.

Official Votecount 3.1
    dLGN (2): KaiDASH (#736), Fontisian (#741)
    kaiDASH (2): tn5421 (#737), Rubicon (#744)
    Rubicon (2): LochNess (#738), Newcomb (#748)
    Newcomb (1): dLGN (#757)

Abstain/No Vote (2): Jan (n/a), Delphine (n/a)

Sure enough Lochness starts weakly bussing off the bat, and Newcomb starts pushing Rubicon. Rubicon takes advantage of tn's weirdness to follow him onto Kai. Kai experimentally votes dLGN, knowing that he'll never be lynched that Day, and I experimentally follow.

Official Votecount 3.2
    Rubicon (4): LochNess (#738), Newcomb (#748), Jan (#774), Fontisian (#776)
    Newcomb (2): dLGN (#757), tn5421 (#794)
    kaiDASH (1): Rubicon (#744)
    Jan (1): kaiDASH (#851)

Abstain/No Vote (1): Delphine (n/a)

Jan votes Rubicon with the logic that he lied about his eod and knew he wasn't killing Jan there. Likely that Jan was trying to get ahead of the curve in case anyone else noticed and linked them together. I followed on board. Rubicon weakly pushes Kai. Kai doesn't attack Rubicon, but rather pokes around for a bit, meaning they weren't scum going into the Day with a bussing plan in place.

Official Votecount 3.3
    Rubicon (5): LochNess (#738), Newcomb (#748), Jan (#774), tn5421 (#912), dLGN (#963)
    kaiDASH (1): Rubicon (#744)
    Jan (1): kaiDASH (#851)

Abstain/No Vote (2): Delphine (n/a), Fontisian (#978)
    dLGN joins the Rubicon wagon and things stagnate for a while.

Official Votecount 3.4
    kaiDASH (4): Rubicon (#744), LochNess (#989), Jan (#1004), tn5421 (#1064)
    Rubicon (3): Newcomb (#748), Fontisian (#1003), KaiDASH (#1033)

Abstain/No Vote (2): Delphine (n/a), dLGN (#1043)
    dLGN freaks out and switches to Kai. Lochness and Jan immediately take advantage and follow him. Newcomb, Kai and I refuse to budge on Rubicon.

Day 3 Final Votecount
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rubicon (7): Newcomb (#748), Fontisian (#1003), KaiDASH (#1033), lochNess (#1221), Jan (#1223), dLGN (#1274), Delphine (#1281)
    kaiDASH (2): Rubicon (#744), tn5421 (#1064)[/QUOTE]

Lochness and Jan wait a while to see if Delphine and dLGN will keep giving them cover to vote Kai and hedging their bets with stuff like
    after I said:
    Because killing Lochness that Day is disastrous for them.

Yeah. Any questions?

---------- Post automerged at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

/Quotes Rubicon making sure Lochness won't be lynched in his place at EOD.

/Says this clears Lochness.

Come the fuck on, Newcomb.

3. Newcomb

This doesn't strike me as trying to take advantage of dLGN's doubt, either.

4. fontisian

There are scales to attack. The way Kai attacked Rubicon was totally different, more sustained, and less timely than Jan and Lochness' attacks.

Also, Kai and I have interacted with each other. Look at the way he asked me about Jan or I tried to reaction fish him about dLGN.

---------- Post automerged at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

/Actual screaming noises/

Laying out the mechanics and then leaning back to "talk about this" is 100% Jan's mafia play, water u doing.

5. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Or I didn't vote for Proph because it seemed fairly likely he wasn't mafia because everyone was voting for him and no one was having an issue...

Also not voting, I'm guessing I was also barely around that day? Not scum avoiding early commitment.

Just because you said LochNess does not mean that would happen.. Wouldn't it have been way more likely Kai? One persons opinion doesn't just decide the game..

Also about the jan and I posting in sequence.. why would I write out a post and then tell people to post anyways to make it look weird and awkward?...

You're reaching and grasping at this point, trying to connect things that aren't there.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

So I just took a few seconds to prep something for you guys.
    It is called all the day 3 votes. I will color everyone that is confirmed green/red, including Newcomb, because if he is mafia he just wins today either way.

Kai -> dLGN
    TN -> KaiDASH
    LochNess -> Rubicon
    Fonti -> dLGN
    Rubicon -> KaiDASH
    Newcomb -> Rubicon
    dLGN -> Newcomb
    Jan -> Rubicon
    Fonti -> Rubicon
    TN -> Newcomb
    KaiDASH -> Jan
    TN -> Rubicon
    dLGN -> Rubicon
    Fonti -> UNVOTE

Votal 3.3

dLGNs case on kai follows

dLGN -> KaiDASH
    LochNEss -> KaiDASH
    Fonti -> Rubicon
    Jan -> KaiDASH
    TN -> UNVOTE
    KAiDASH -> Rubicon
    dLGN -> UNVOTES
    TN -> KAiDASH
    dLGN -> Rubicon
    Delphine -> Rubicon
    LochNEss -> UNVOTES
    dLGN -> KaiDASH
    Jan -> UNVOTES
    Delphine -> UNVOTES

Rubicon claims

Rubicon -> KaiDASH (revote)
    LochNEss -> Rubicon
    Jan -> Rubicon
    Delphine -> Kaidash
    dLGN -> Rubicon
    Delphine -> UNVOTES
    Delphine -> Rubicon

The most important part for me is that Kai makes a case on me when the pressure is going on Rubicon. (his vote on me early on)
    He only votes Rubicon AFTER dLGN makes a case on kai, and several people jump on the wagon to pressure Kai.

People saying - why does Kai vote on Rubicon that early and busses him have not read the order of what happened right.
    Kai was one of the last people jumping on Rubicon, he actively tried to push another wagon on me and only voted Rubicon when there was pressure on him and he basically ahd to vote Rubicon.

At one popint early on everyone BUT Kai was voting Rubicon and Kai was trying to get a counter wagon going.

Also why do you think LochNess and I both unvote there, just to revote Rubicon AFTER his claim?
    We can just get a misslynch if we go on Kai there, or at any point when the votes on Kai are : dLGN Delphine and TN, jumping on that train is easy, and TN is still a good misslynch after we do that.

LochNess and I would have just won the game by now.
    Kai -> Rubicon -> TN -> WIN. always.

7. LochNess

Will be back in a bit

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

That's not a bus, that's distancing.

Rubicon can go 'haha what a dank joke, lets lynch some other guy' or he can go 'I AM LITERALLY THE PROPHET RUBICON' depending on the game situation.

It's a softball question that's only slightly related to the game. It's doing a thing without actually getting anything done.

Vote progression in spoiler.
    Votal at this point:

Official Votecount 3.4
    kaiDASH (4): Rubicon (#744), LochNess (#989), Jan (#1004), tn5421 (#1064)
    Rubicon (3): Newcomb (#748), Fontisian (#1003), KaiDASH (#1033)

Abstain/No Vote (2): Delphine (n/a), dLGN (#1043)

So saying 'rubicon was always the likely lynch' is untrue and saying it was driven by town is little more than hopeful projection.

9. Newcomb

Are these the same screaming noises you made when I said I'd have a really hard time voting on Proph because he self-voted EoD1?

Your vote logic post had some good points, I think. I don't mind telling you I'm hella conflicted right now, and I think you know this. You're not going to get anywhere trying to shout me down, though.

So like, friendly tip. The more you kind of "scoff, disbelief that I'm being so bad" the more you're reminding me of how you approached Waco in WH5. Just like, back off for a second and let me think about this.

10. fontisian

Unlikely. Proph was very mafia that day, hence a shit ton of town voting for him. This is kind of moot, since the the three of you, Jan and Kai were the only ones to avoid the Proph wagon, but Kai at least had the reason of tunneling Rubicon.

I didn't check. I find it unlikely that you didn't post at all over a fairly long time period, but it's possible.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

??

Why would you make a case on someone after Jan did the same thing? Because wasting the effort on a long post is stupid, and you probably saw explaining that you didn't see the previous post as useful for distancing.

Right.

---------- Post automerged at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Then stop quoting mafia things and calling them town.

---------- Post automerged at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

1.Like you actually thought Delphine and dLGN were sticking with killing Kai after Rubicon got straight up counterclaimed.
    2. Of course you voted Rubicon after he was countered. Any scum if their right mind would.
    3. Calling Kai's attempt to lynch you a serious attempt to save Rubicon is insane, because his case was all insular logic and "what this means to me," not anything that would convince people.
    4. When Kai was getting run up, he could have easily made a case against TN, who was floundering that Day, but choose to push back on Rubicon instead.

11. Newcomb

Oh my god it's happening.

Fuck me it's 100% Jan/Loch or fonti/Kai. Do you guys not see this??? You're fucking laying it on me. Both sides are going to pick one out of that group and vote them. YOU FUCKERS ARE LEAVING IT UP TO ME.

I hate you all. Actually no I hate the mafia team because they know I'm fucking wishy-washy as shit when it comes to this situation.
    dLGN you should have just shot last night =/

Or maybe you did and were blocked+NK, idk. But like. I did not want to be in this situation.

I'm going to go back to my re-read and just kind of decompress or something. This is stressing me out.

12. fontisian

I'd forgive you if you lynched wrong.

In a couple years.

13. Newcomb

Someone needs to be my Zenzao this game.
    KaiDASH you seem like a reasonable fellow.

You don't think it's kind of an odd softball question, though?

That's a reasonable point.

So you're pretty familiar with fonti, right? I mean you are the inventor of the Button (tm). If Jan and Loch and didn't exist and you couldn't say "well fonti's town because Jan and Loch are mafia," where does your fonti trust come from? I mean you had it pretty early, and you weren't stressing about it like you were in WH12.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Did you see dLGN and Delphine that day?
    They were completly unsure and only changed back after everything was said and done.

You have been in fontis pocket all game, i warned you early, that she is not that town for nothing. she always kept me at arms reach, called things i did town when they fit her agenda and called me a possible misslynch all game.
    You don't care and want to lose to her. That is fine, but it is not on me.

Kais progression through day 3 was the scummiest one out of everyone.
    Both you and dLGN read TN town on day 3, you might have forgotten that by now.
    You only switched because he wanted to kill you like an idiot after the rubicon flip, which was basically clearing you.

I mean .. maybe I see it that way because kais ladida case was on me and i was one of the people with a harder case on rubicon.

Fonti tunneling here is just her going for the win.

15. KaiDASH

Look at day 2 where it's only ever Prophylaxis in real contention.

I lynch prophylaxis and then sit there for the entire rest of the day, and so does fontisian.

Do you really think that the pair of us as scum are going to make this play? That's the kind of conviction you find in town, not scum that already know how a flip is going to go.

Compare to Jan / Lochness who were steadfast in their commitment to literally nothing.
    (more votals in spoilers)
    Jan on Prophylaxis (during Day 2)
    Jan on Prophylaxis getting lynched (during Day 3)
    This can't possibly come from town, he does nothing on day 2 despite thinking Prophylaxis is unlikely scum - doesn't pursue alternative lynches, doesn't raise a stink, doesn't try and solidify his read either way, just nothing (except for irrelevant 'figuring out fontisian')

16. LochNess

Okay if you keep talking about my not voting on day 2, please look and see my posts. I ended up being away in real life for it all. I went to a cottage where my phone died on the way and no one had the same charger cord as me. I thought day would end the same time as the previous day because of the 72/24 hour days we were supposed to have but it somehow ended early.

Yeah it sucks- that's not a good way to play the game because it's less fun for everyone else when they can't get a read if I am gone. But real life is something we aren't to lie about. It isn't some mafia ploy to literally be gone for the entire day 2.. That is not a way to go under the radar.

---------- Post automerged at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

I'm not saying that someone should townread me for being gone for the day, but that reading me as mafia for not posting when I have clearly talked about my real life commitments is not fair at all.

---------- Post automerged at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Kai- what about Newcomb's question. Besides the whole, fonti is town because Jan and I are mafia, where does your trust in fontisian come from?

---------- Post automerged at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Okay I'm going to try and go to sleep now. My reasons if I don't post for a bit are that I am waking up super early to go train a horse and from there go get my wisdom teeth out. It is not a strategic move. If I have chances to post I will

17. Newcomb

Kai like this is pretty early D1. This implies that you're pretty sure fonti's town. Come on, throw me a bone here.

____

Fonti, I think Loch is town. I think her posts consistently come from a town mindset, have a kind of blunt lack of guile, and her faking that for the entire game is inconsistent with someone who hasn't played mafia in more than a year. I'm not lynching her.

Sell me on Kai/Jan.

18. fontisian

No.

Lochness has been playing games on and off since long before I joined this site. You are wrong.

19. Newcomb

It's been known to happen.

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

In any case, I'm done with this game for the night.

20. KaiDASH

Getting into a slapfight with fontisian during day 1 on DLP is the kind of thing that makes me stop playing games for 6 months.

So when it didn't happen I was like YES BULLET AVOIDED.

She's played too... direct / straightforward this game. She wanted to swap from proph to jan d1 then she was on prophylaxis with me for d2 and that just doesn't make sense to me.