1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #7 - Concussion Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, May 5, 2016.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Cobalt and Acio: Please fullclaim flavor. All of it.

2. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Robert clayton dean, massive surveillance forces are hunting me down and all I need is cleverness tricks and blackmail to overcome a government conspiracy

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

And I think I'm out at this point proph's closer to things I've felt this game than cobalt

Lynch: Cobalt

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Bagger Vance, caddy/psychologist attempting to help people overcome their scars and find success

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Wait can we not snap vote? I need to think.

I'm always losing in F3 here anyway so I'm tipping my hat to Proph/Acio whichever of you it is.

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Confirm self as town.

This will be my uh. Endgame or something.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lol wait, what kind of flip on your reads is this?

---------- Post automerged at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

All this is going out the window because I'm an easier lynch?

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Proph, spill your flavor.

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

That and the fact that Acio snap voted me knowing that Proph is pretty much gonna follow along with what Newcomb said is making me STRONGLY lead in Acio's direction on this.

6. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Oh my god cobalt quit trying to be cute he didn't hammer you

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I've been fighting to get the truth out about CTE.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

What do you mean, cute?

---------- Post automerged at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

CTE?? o___O

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm going to take this very slowly and reread the entire game. Multiple times.

Both of you: Convince me that the other is scum.

10. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Proph's had plenty of opportunity to finish this off if he's the last scum by now quit it with the ~maybe it's acio~ from your perspective it should be me 100% now

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

When I wrote that post I didn't catch Proph's post before I finished all of it.

I was always leaning strongly towards Proph as town for the entire game and this basically confirms it. And Newcomb hardcleared him, and I don't see you bringing Newcomb to final 3 with Proph because he would drown in wine and probably eventually wind up lynching you.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

But yes, it makes the most sense that not hammering = hard town so thanks for hard-scumfirming yourself Acio, lol.

12. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Cute yet again vote me

Proph: Look at the post above me

If I make a case I'll make it later I'm fried right now seeya

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Prophylaxis , how have these reads been altered given that it's us in the final 3?

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Stop demanding things and be patient??? I'm voting you at the end of my casepost against you, lol.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm rereading.

I'm considering all of you - worst mistake is to enter LyLo with preconcieved notions, and I kind of just want to step back, draw each of you a blank slate, and proceed from there.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

There's a 0.000001% chance that Proph is scum here and withholding hammer to fuck with me. Not considering that world, ever. Working on casepost.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Cobalt:

Can you walk me through the mindset of getting your doctor role?

Like, you said that you didn't know the game had started, checked your role, did nothing. Why did you choose to not protect there? Were you that disengaged from the game at that point?

---------- Post automerged at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I'm honestly wondering why scum!Acio kills Newcomb when Newcomb stated himself that Cobalt should be the lynch.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Not only was he securely in Newcomb's pocket given that the masonizer thing was probably only part of his role, he conveniently flips his read on the entire game once Day begins because it's PROBABLY much easier to convince you to vote me than it is to convince me to vote you.

I'm gonna primarily go back to Newcomb's summary of the mason chat and explain why Acio being scum makes the most sense based on the things that were said there, and follow it up by pointing out the discrepancies in his posting that have come up throughout the game.

See, what happens here is that Newcomb brings up that it's weird how Acio's role doesn't have anything to do with alignments, and Acio says he makes a chat with someone once per game, and that's it. I'm almost positive that's not his only ability because Newcomb was the one who brought up scum JOAT with a mason / chat stock, and once again, I DID just play a scumgame where one of my teammates had a stock like that on his role.

Not only that, but if Newcomb is talking alignments, why DOESN'T town!Acio turn that around on him there? Obviously town!Acio was townreading him if he made the chat, but the fact that Acio does not seem the slightest bit concerned that he's made the wrong decision and gained a mason chat with a mafia member is telling. I don't have the whole chat so I don't know if it came up at all, but that's my understanding of it as it stands.

And he also spews a bunch of reads and gametalk in the same post where he says "this is what I do that's it" and dismisses Newcomb's talk of alignments. I think through the mason chat he was able to pocket Newcomb for basically the entire game.

And as I've discussed before, his read suddenly waffles on me after I claim doc:

Should he claim his role because it might force mafia into killing Cobalt which surely would have worked out in his favor given that I'm the doctor. But what I discussed before and will discuss again is, why does my claiming a role CHANGE his townread of me rather than reinforce it?

Newcomb tells him not to claim because the mason/neighbor thing is bothering him (he's concerned about alignments) and Acio brushes it off and says "all it means is they can talk to each other" or something to that effect - once again dismissing the subject and moving on, and looking not the LEAST bit concerned with alignments himself, because as scum he has alignment certainty.

And where does he get off saying I hadn't been sufficiently paranoid when talking to him when my entire doubt of the Fonti / Newcomb / Acio townblock stemmed around me believing Fonti was cop and hard townreading Newcomb and thus seeing Acio as the only likely scum if the townblock has scum in it? I'll dig up my post on that if necessary but I'm just pointing that out.

Now, my best guess is that Acio probably shot Fonti night 2, and my protection saved her. At the end of that quoted mason chat, he pushes towards probably Demon for the next mislynch, and by no killing during the night he ensures Miner's lynch the next day to get one step closer to finishing the game with a win, especially given Newcomb's PoE was almost always Kai > Cobalt.

I'm gonna trust Fonti's gut here and say that Miner > Kai > Acio as the lynch order was always going to end the game, and as soon as she began pushing that, Acio didn't bother with killing me (I had limited stocks anyway but I did my DAMN best to make sure scum wasn't aware of that) and went right for Fonti instead, obviously to get the claimed role out of the way but also to limit lategame resistance, because were Fonti alive in F5 I could have seen that going way differently due to how strongly she was sure I was town. By eliminating somebody who both felt he was in the lynch order for PoE and also strongly townread me he killed two birds with one stone.

---

Taking a break from talking about why Acio is scum for a moment to talk about why I'm town.

This post, for one.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=917685&postcount=662

Why do I as scum here fight tooth and nail against Citrus's perfectly reasonable proposition to NOT lynch Sloth there and come back to it later? One could argue that it's because I knew the Sloth lynch would flip scum and thus make me look better, but everything I argued at Citrus about would LITERALLY have made my life so much easier were I scum there, as far as the number crunching goes. Bounce the lynch to somebody who is town, kill a townie in the night and even though Sloth may inevitably be lynched the next day, the gamestate is down two townies without losing the scum first? Why would I NOT want to do that to the point at which I fought back at Citrus for it?

Not only that, but the level of wine I served about my doc role is just downright ridiculous coming from scum. Not only would I have to have a reason to think that claiming doctor wouldn't get me counterclaimed and offed then and there, but to take it to the extent of acting as though I have unlimited stocks with self-protect for the sake of protecting Fonti as long as possible, and then after she dies claiming I was out-wined and still had a stock to hopefully survive further in the game to figure it out and win it for town is just something that's ludicrous to believe I'd come up with and gambit with as scum.

I don't make gambits like that as scum, basically ever. And if I were dealt the shitty hand that Von and Sloth dealt Acio by day 2 I'd have been pissed enough to basically throw the game because I am never in any universe dragging it out this long. I simply don't want to put in that much effort as scum ESPECIALLY after two EXHAUSTING scumgames recently.

Mmkay, back to Acio.

---

For the later stuff now.

The post I made here: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=919699&postcount=1045 the two Acio quotes I took.

How does Acio go from believing Proph to be the lynch in order to end game to killing Newcomb and taking me to F3 and then voting me? I'd have thought he would take me in hopes of just getting the Proph lynch because I'm NEVER lynching Newcomb in Cobalt - Newcomb - Acio, but that three would have gotten him an easy Cobalt lynch.

But Newcomb hardcleared you, Proph, and I'd expressed at multiple points throughout the game including in F5 (I had rescinded it but then later felt better and reinstated my read) that I felt almost as comfortable with you as I did with Newcomb. So bringing me to F3 doesn't necessarily work if he wants you to be the lynch, so he has to change tactics and vote me instead.

Bringing Newcomb and killing me wouldn't have worked, because Newcomb was harder with his read on you than Acio, I think, and he would have wined until eventually voting Acio. But bringing Newcomb and killing you would quite possibly if not probably would also have made Newcomb reconsider the entire game, because as you said, preconceived notions get us nowhere in LYLO and Newcomb would most certainly have scrutinized everything Acio has ever said in this entire game and likely would have found a loose thread and pulled it, and that's a risk he should never take going into F3.

I've said multiple times that I'm always losing the game for town in F3 due to the way PoE has gone so far this game but I'm urging you to not let that be the case. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that Acio has not been playing honestly, and I'll continue to dig it up as you'd like, but I've sufficiently outlined in here enough of why I clearly see Acio as scum, especially of course after the speedvote hoping for an easy hammer from you.

Vote: Acionyx

---------- Post automerged at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

I already addressed the latter in my wallpost but let me talk about the former.

I chose not to protect there because yes, I was that disengaged from the game at that point. Finals had me so fucked up I could barely think straight let alone manage to string a decent post together, so when Newcomb offered (I think it was Kai?) somebody a free pass for D1 as long as they voted with him I literally jumped at the chance because I couldn't bother to concentrate when I was under so much stress and literally freaking out.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=915613&postcount=240

I then didn't post for like... 36 hours. So yeah.

I would have protected Fonti night one (her towncircle post early on had me thinking town!Fonti and she tends to die early sometimes esp. with Von mafia which was always a possibility) but I didn't even check into the game let alone my QT at all during that time so I wouldn't have been able to anyway.

Once I got my head on straight I followed through with the protection stocks and I'm pretty sure the night 2 one was successful.

---------- Post automerged at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Tried to write most of that wall in stream of consciousness so pre-emptive if it sounds like I'm not making sense during runon sentences in any specific part of it. I didn't re-read it before sending.

---------- Post automerged at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

*pre-emptive apologies

18. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Or I could have no killed and brought a pocketed read into endgame to make it way easier to lynch you

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

But you didn't, so now you get to cite that as a reason for why you aren't guilty. GG.

---------- Post automerged at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

We can wine all we want, I spoke the truth as I knew it and it's not gonna change.

---------- Post automerged at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Also, I'm forever trusting my instincts if I find a weak link in a townblock ever again. The fact that I thought it could be you early on, as weak as it was, I'm patting myself on the back for that.

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Acio: I'm sure you're burnt out from this game, but can you write a case like Cobalt has explaining why you're town and how Cobalt is scum? It would really help.

Still obsessively rereading the thread over here on my part.