1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Kang, Jun 1, 2009.

1. henrythomas

henrythomas Backtraced

Modern warfare 2 is an upcoming first person shooter game developed by Infinity ward.Modern Warfare 2 will feature a cooperative mode entitled Special Ops, which consists of independent missions similar in design to the "Mile High Club" epilogue mission.

2. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm surprised this topic isn't 10 pages long by now.

Got the ending ruined for me on the IW forums earlier today by some fuck who posted the ending right after the SPOILER tag in the title (SPOILER blah blah blah blah blah)

If you guys have any questions regarding multiplayer feel free to ask if you don't feel like searching for it.

Oh ya, and I'm part of the Combat Training Experience tonight, getting to ask questions to the devs. Hooray for Monster Energy.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  3. M'Balz Es-Hari

M'Balz Es-Hari Muggle

I preordered this game months in advance. It looks like it will be really good and the graphics are fantastic

4. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

No lean. No dedicated servers. Max map size 9v9 for 'balance reasons' - 16v16 was removed. Game has gone gold but PC version is still unfinished, expect day zero patch. Current server system has maxed out at 100 ping under ideal conditions - ie, everyone in the same room. Ping is measured in green, yellow, and red bars, everything under 300 is green. No console commands. No changing FOV from the 360's default 65. No changing game settings. No mod support. No clan support. No record option. Still no demo at nine days to launch. Dodging all questions about DLC pricing.

"PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings."
    "This game is not balanced for lean."
    "We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it."

Sounds like fun.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

6. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

The 360 version was leaked on usenet about a week ago, I'm hearing good things.

I've never been a big multi player for CoD, too many idiots to really get into it. I prefer a different FPS. However, given the restrictions I have to wonder if the creators are trying to kill multiplayer. Restricting so much makes almost no sense if you want it to be a success.

Edit:From what I understand CoD MW2's multiplayer disallows dedicated servers and instead uses a form of p2p to transfer data. Please say I'm wrong here?

How in the world could this possibly keep ping down? In any FPS I play online, I need a maximum ping of 50 ms to play decently, after that I can't reliably play well. How in the world is a unreliable form of transfer method like p2p suppose to keep pings low?

7. se7en

se7en Professor

Once again the PC port gets shit on.

8. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No dedicated servers = immense fail.

That is all. My hopes for this game were crashed, and after so much effort in CoD2 and CoD4 TWL....

9. Twisted

Twisted Guest

The game on 360 is fifty five fucking quid.

Are they taking the PISS? Half a ton on one fucking game?

Plus 360 online subscription and DLC, that is a total JOKE.

For any americans out there, usual (MAX) price of a game is £40. Its £35 on PC according to my local GAME store.

10. Seitou

Seitou Third Year

^ Yeah that happening through steam too, it's about $50 USD in america, and $90 USD on Australian Steam. :/

11. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Ping under 100 for connection to servers!?

Well guess Im not playing MW2 online...

and connection what servers? Isnt it no dedicated?

Matchmaking <---wtf. there still needs to be a host otherwise how the fuck does the game sync?

Also cant kick people from non-private games. So lets say you go to pick matchmaking you get onto a game where there's people hacking up the ass. Well... no way to kick or ban them. So you try to find another game, but since its matchmaking( that is, finding a game with people around your level) chances are you'll end up in the same game.
    (*My solution to what I can see is an abuse of kick powers? Votekick. Obviously if someone is hacking pretty much everyone else will kick. But hey who the fuck cares about common sense right?)

And how is lean unbalanced? The fuck does that make sense?

The only thing I like out of that chat was that FF now hurts you not your teammates so tk fucktards cant ruin the game for everyone else. Not that this is a revolutionary idea.

12. Oz

All I hear is BAWWW. It's going to be awesome AND NO ONE CAN CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE! ;_;

13. Dr. Strange Lulz

Combat Training Experience was a joke, 402 just picked lame questions like what his favorite map was, and spent the entire time telling is stuff we already knew. But I got a little present today when a friend came back from school and brought his modded 360 with him.

Sucks that my friend is going to get his Xbox banned, but screw him.

Didn't touch singleplayer since I don't want anything ruined for me when I pick it up on the 10th. But every second I spent with multiplayer was worth an hour of COD:4. Basically...

Shit's amazing.

MP is hectic, stuff is constantly exploding around you in close quarters and visibility can absolutely screw you. Expect a random bullet to hit a can of gas and throw up an explosion and a cloud of smoke that WILL get you killed. Sniping is far more run and gun than it used to be in COD:4, random cats running around blasting you point blank.

Recoil or the lack thereof is both great, and super annoying. There's no need to correct your fire because there's absolutely no recoil whatsoever. Killstreaks pop off left and right, and at times there will be a chopper and an AC-130 in the air, or two choppers. Actually being in control of the AC-130 or the Chopper gunner is fantastic. The AC-130 fires one shot every 3-5 seconds and will annihilate clusters of enemies, but getting the hang of leading targets will take up most of your first run with it. Chopper gunner is what I'll be using, I killed 8 people with it on my first go so it got me hooked.

Game is sick.

14. Tehan

Of course it is. You played it on the 360.

If you're a console gamer, grab it. It's as good as FPSs will get for you. The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, however, expects better.

15. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Sucks to be a pc gamer, doesnt it?

Im all aquiver waiting for the 10th. Have my copy for my 360 payed off and waiting for me.

16. Tehan

S'pose it does. Never planned on getting it, but I've heard so much about it from the shitstorm that's enveloped the tubes that I felt like weighing in. S'good fun.

17. Dr. Strange Lulz

18. Twisted

Twisted Guest

And to those of us who don't have or like multiplayer we conveniently shell out £55 (!!) for a singleplayer mode not much longer than the original. The quality is there, yes, but apparantly to play the game, I need to shell out close to £100 on the game and then an Xbox live subscription, and probably a bloody headset as well.

19. Oz

Should have gotten a PS3 instead of an Xbox.

/me whistles

20. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

Oh shit, somebody call the WAMBULANCE in this thread.